Animations

Thread: Animations

Blog Entries

Animations

I’m going home Sunday night. I’ll be busy with everything but I did have a desktop there and I doubt anybody used it while I was gone. I know I’m sorry the last thing you want is me back but I have a question. I don’t do modals so I’m completely stupid so bare with me. I have some or many payware airplanes I like to use. Some from Aerosim are beautiful but the problem is the AI aircraft the landing gear is always up and no visible prop spinning which was common among add on planes back in the day. Is there a way I can covert them to something that adds animations. I don’t really need breaking parts at least for now. I’m probably biting off more than I can chew as it is but reality is I didn’t know anything til I got CFS2 so everything I do know came from wanting to learn the game. Of course being payware means I couldn’t upload any mods for them but what I do for myself is nothing they can do about It. It’s my plane on my computer it’s there’s if I try sharing it which they don’t allow and I’m respectful to that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the kind replies. I suppose I didn’t deserve any. Anyway I’m catching a airplane tonight. I wish everyone the best and enjoy the new mod’s. A little sad here the kids are home. It’s a change for them and me too. I’ll always be available for them but it’s so sad leaving. Sometimes I feel the trash man is coming to get me.

Hi DW Sorry for the delayed response. Only those with model building experience would know the answer. The AI are normally viewed from some distance and so the LODs would be what is seen visually unless you are right close the the plane. If the LODs do not have the gear and props in the LOD models, - and the gear animated in same, they will not appear. Without either ripping the models with - or being extremely proficient as SCAM coding - there is no way of adding them to an existing model LODs.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Ummm... it's "scasm", Kurt....lol!

With the possible fix you tweak the LoDs distances so they kick in later rather than sooner...this is done in scasm of coarse.

Cheers mav

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I don’t know I mean it’s like this if you’re flying it. Everything works. They are highly detailed aircraft and hit frame rates rather hard. Might could be converted gmax or something. The problem is if the Ai is controlling the plane like your wingmen. On the run way your prop will be spinning just fine and your landing gear will be down. You can raise it after take off. Your wingmen their landing gear stays up but still behaves as it were down. They will take off just fine but it’s a eyesore no prop or landing gear visible on the other planes.

Blog Entries
    I made it home. Everything boxed up in the basement or used to be I’ll look for my old cfs2 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Ummm... it's "scasm", Kurt....lol!

With the possible fix you tweak the LoDs distances so they kick in later rather than sooner...this is done in scasm of coarse.

Cheers mav
    Doh! I know that -- old age strikes me again!
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; August 29th, 2023 at 19:02.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 0