Desperate Battles 2023 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Battles 2023 released

Desperate Battles 2023 released

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Desperate Battles 2023 is a three part, self installing, historical recreation of the Battle of the Eastern Solomons and The Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands during the Guadalcanal Campaign in the Pacific Theatre during World War II. These engagements were the third and fourth carrier-on-carrier battles in history; and between the US Navy and the forces of the Imperial Japanese Navy.

The campaign is downloaded in three parts, each containing a self installing exe and which requires no additional downloads. This is Part I. They are set up to be installed, in any order you wish into a clean or "virgin" install of CFS2, but you can optionally install Rhumbaflappy's mesh and UncleTgt's Solomons packs first. [See the downloads README for links to UT's stuff and a copy of Rami's PTO installation guide is included for your convenience.] Most of the missions are launched from carriers, thus land bases play little part in the overall picture. Henderson and Espirityu Santo are the only ones used.

This is a reproduction of my earlier release of "Desperate Battles" with many new ships and planes and changes and additions to the missions.

I wish to salute all those whose contributions, advice and assistance made production of this product possible. A list of them is provided in the enclosed "READ ME FIRST" document.

Cheers:
    Shadow Wolf 07

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Desperate Battles 2023 Part I.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Desperate Battles 2023 Part II.zip

Description: Desperate Battles 2023 is a three part, self installing, historical recreation of the Battle of the Eastern Solomons and The Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands during the Guadalcanal Campaign in the Pacific Theatre during World War II. These engagements were the third and fourth carrier-on-carrier battles in history; and between the US Navy and the forces of the Imperial Japanese Navy.

The campaign is downloaded in three parts, each containing a self installing exe and which requires no additional downloads. This is Part II. They are set up to be installed, in any order you wish into a clean or "virgin" install of CFS2, but you can optionally install Rhumbaflappy's mesh and UncleTgt's Solomons packs first. [See the downloads README for links to UT's stuff and a copy of Rami's PTO installation guide is included for your convenience.] Most of the missions are launched from carriers, thus land bases play little part in the overall picture. Henderson and Espirityu Santo are the only ones used.

This is a reproduction of my earlier release of "Desperate Battles" with many new ships and planes and changes and additions to the missions.

I wish to salute all those whose contributions, advice and assistance made production of this product possible. A list of them is provided in the enclosed "READ ME FIRST" document.

Cheers:
    Shadow Wolf 07

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Desperate Battles 2023 Part II.zip

Desperate Battles 2023 Part III.zip

The campaign is downloaded in three parts, each containing a self installing exe and which requires no additional downloads. This is Part III. They are set up to be installed, in any order you wish into a clean or "virgin" install of CFS2, but you can optionally install Rhumbaflappy's mesh and UncleTgt's Solomons packs first. [See the downloads README for links to UT's stuff and a copy of Rami's PTO installation guide is included for your convenience.] Most of the missions are launched from carriers, thus land bases play little part in the overall picture. Henderson and Espirityu Santo are the only ones used.

Cheers:
    Shadow Wolf 07

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Desperate Battles 2023 Part III.zip

Way to go SW. Many Thanks.

Can't wait SW, this one will be great to fly with all the fantastic new ships and aircraft.

My comments will be weeks away, as I'm holding out hope my old rig can be saved, but this will be my first install and first flights when I can get back in the game.

Many thanks for this big undertaking.

Hi Shadow Wolf
    Thank you for all the great work with these campaigns.
    All the best.
    Stuart

Just excellent Shadow Wolf! Two missions in and I love it. Man, the hard work that must have went into this! One question; in the second SBD mission I did sink the sub and survived (the goal) but got a failed mission?

Returned to and trapped on both missions, one with a buggered gear.

Many thanks SW.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Blog Entries

Icon27

 NEW RELEASE ALERT! 

Introducing Desperate Battles 2023: The Ultimate WWII Pacific Theatre Experience!

 Immerse yourself in the heart-pounding Battle of the Eastern Solomons and The Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands during the Guadalcanal Campaign. 

 Experience the thrill of the third and fourth carrier-on-carrier battles in history, as the US Navy clashes with the Imperial Japanese Navy. 

 Dive into the action with three self-installing parts, each packed with intense missions and historical accuracy. No additional downloads required! 

 Part I is now available for download! Install it in any order into a clean CFS2 installation, or enhance your experience with Rhumbaflappy's mesh and UncleTgt's Solomons packs. 

️ Launch from carriers and dominate the skies! Land bases play a minor role, with Henderson and Espirityu Santo as the primary locations. ️

 This updated version of "Desperate Battles" features brand new ships, planes, and thrilling mission enhancements. Get ready for an adrenaline-fueled adventure! 

 We salute the incredible contributors, advisors, and supporters who made this epic production possible. Special thanks to mod creator Shadow Wolf 07! 

 For more information and to download Desperate Battles 2023 Part I, visit: [insert link to the Add-Ons Library]

 Don't miss out on the ultimate WWII Pacific Theatre experience! Download Desperate Battles 2023 Part I now and prepare for an unforgettable journey into history. 

 Visit the Add-Ons Library to check it out, rate it, and join the discussion. Your comments will appear below the post. 

Stoney: I have no idea why you should have failed that mission. I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the great comments guys, they are appreciated. Don't be shy about posting positive or negative feedback. I can still fix or improve the missions.

BTW: All the carrier launch and landings have a 12 knot headwind. Everyone should have no problems getting off or back onto the decks.

Happy flying!

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Greg,

You certainly seem to like large, complex projects - well done with this revamp tho'

I've often thought CV based campaigns/mission packs naturally aligned themselves to the Carrier Air Wing tour of duty, which would break both the Saratoga & Essex projects into bite-sized chunks. It might also have the added bonus of streamlining the required scenery/ships etc.

The only downside I can see is that if you're attempting to tell the ship's history, it does rather break up the narrative somewhat (but in an entirely logical & practical way).

Having said that, it is an Air Combat Sim after all!!

Thank you Shadow Wolf, really looking forward to this. Your work is always so well done; appreciate all your efforts.

msfossey

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the hard work. It’s not work if you enjoy doing it but never forget the people around u. I was a big time fan of this game years ago. I mean every single day I’d fine time even days I went to work I’d come home tired but I’d get on the computer instead of sleeping.I realized fast after getting married I had to get my priorities in order so everyone has a different situation but never ignore those around u. Finding time for family is what life was intended for. Now I’m not saying those that mod a lot are ignoring their family I’m just telling my story but my situation may be different. Sometimes though I often wonder if I had put in the effort that I put into this game on things that matters most in life I’d be sitting more pretty than I am now. Anyway I’ll try checking out the mod later I’ve business to take care of first and once again your efforts make this site and exciting place to come to for goodie’s.

great work, an epic effort.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Library Staff
    Hi Greg,
    Thanks very much for all the hard work you've put into this project, especially while battling with health problems - well done - it's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin

Thank you very much Shadow Wolf. I can only imagine the amount of work that went in to this project. It is very much appreciated so thank you again.

You're very welcome p14u2nv. I hope you enjoy it. BTW: Nice system setup!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Campaign Video Issues???

If your opening video doesn't display - goes to black screen, without audio, simply hit the escape key and proceed directly to mission 1 setup and briefing screen.

I am having this problem on my win10 rig despite the facts that it is in the correct format and on the .cmg file as per CC's instructions.

Please let me know that you too have this problem. You can, of course go to your cfs3 videos folder and play it there...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

SOH-CM-2024

Icon28 Desperate Battles

Hi Shadow Wolf ,

I have a question ? Desperate battles is excellent !!!!

However my brain is not working properly !!!! I seem to have a case of "KRAFT" disease. I can't seem to find the toggle switch for the tailhook , I've gone through the book the net etc ;but I still can't find it. I get down on the carriers land and then go straight over the bows .

Any suggestion as I am completely at a loss.

Thanks in Advance,
    Regards.

Extend/Retract Tailhook:
    FS/CFS1 Command = Shift + G
    CFS2 Keyboard Command = Shift + H

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
    - Gen. Douglas MacArthur -

Did some "digging" and still had this command list:

Code:
    Obscure CFS2 Key Commands

This list of the more obscure CFS2 key functions in both CFS2 keyboard layouts might be some help.

Function                   FS/CFS1 Command              Combat Keyboard Command

Open/Close canopy          Ctrl + E                     Shift + C

Fold/Unfold wings          Shift + F                    Shift + W
    (Naval aircraft only)

Extend/Retract Tailhook    Shift + G                    Shift + H

War Emergency Power        F10                          W
    (WEP) Toggle

Spoilers/Dive Brakes       / (Fwd Slash)                D
    Toggle

Brakes (Both)              . (Period)                   B

Parking Brake On           Ctrl + . (Period)            Shift + B

Left Brake                 F11                          , (Comma)

Right Brake                F12                          . (Period)

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamer50 View Post
    Did some "digging" and still had this command list:

Code:
    Obscure CFS2 Key Commands

This list of the more obscure CFS2 key functions in both CFS2 keyboard layouts might be some help.

Function                   FS/CFS1 Command              Combat Keyboard Command

Open/Close canopy          Ctrl + E                     Shift + C

Fold/Unfold wings          Shift + F                    Shift + W
    (Naval aircraft only)

Extend/Retract Tailhook    Shift + G                    Shift + H

War Emergency Power        F10                          W
    (WEP) Toggle

Spoilers/Dive Brakes       / (Fwd Slash)                D
    Toggle

Brakes (Both)              . (Period)                   B

Parking Brake On           Ctrl + . (Period)            Shift + B

Left Brake                 F11                          , (Comma)

Right Brake                F12                          . (Period)
    Flamer50: I have (somewhere) in my archives a document with all the keystrokes. When I find it, I will post it here.

Cheers:
    SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

SW',
    Thanks for taking the time, I'm all too familiar with that "somewhere in the archives" deal

Cheers

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 Desperate Battles

Hi Flamer 50 & Shadow Wulf,

I can now land on the carrier rather than going straight over the bow. Many Thanks !!!

Regards to all,

SOH-CM-2024

Icon28 Desperate Battles

Hi Shadow Wolf 07,

I've flown about 5 Missions now that I've had help to use the tailhook .

I just started the next mission flying an TBF Avenger to torpedo the Japanese Invasion Fleet. However as I started it comes up with "Error " IJN_Shiratsuyu_1941_LOD not found.

I installed all three installs in sequence, everthing except my lack of brains has worked up to now.

Sorry to trouble you --- but any suggestions would be a great help ?

Thanks,
    Regards,

The ship in question is available under ships in the download section. Try downloading the file and adding it to the ships file of your cfs2 install, that should solve this issue.

Members who have read this thread: 1