Virtavia F7F-3 TIGERCAT released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtavia F7F-3 TIGERCAT released

I do apologize..

LV (0000) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

LV(0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

LV(0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

LV(0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Just out of curiosity, are both sides of the prop mapped to the same texture? Just wondering if you add those subtle bands (of the logos on the prop) to the front of the prop without showing up on the backside.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

sorry, forgot to check..

meanwhile, work in progress:
    Screenshot (6414) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (6415) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

It has to be criminal to treat the exterior of the beautiful Tigercat so poorly as they have done. Giving the ole girl some much needed love and attention. Wish they would have given us a preggo version the big old bubble belly tank for firefighting.

Recent Tigercat owners have shown an unfortunate predilection to deface their aircraft with stupid nose art, permanent race numbers, etc. I haven't decided whether to buy this plane yet, but if I do, I'll be revising some of the skins that have been released to reflect more accurate and tasteful schemes like the Air Zoo's plane, circa 1986, before she was "Here Kitty Kitty."

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scsn012-ig.jpg   Scsn010-ig.jpg  

For us rivet counters....

Are the rivets on the real bird, raised, flush, or a combination of both? When I painted in FSX, that drove me nuts, as I need to modify alpha channels, bump mapping, etc., to achieve to results that I was looking for. My failing eyesight put an end to that endeavor.

Thanks,

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Flush. I have lots of photos I could show you, but to fully appreciate them, they'd have to be too high in resolution to upload here.

August

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    For us rivet counters....Are the rivets on the real bird, raised, flush, or a combination of both? When I painted in FSX, that drove me nuts, as I need to modify alpha channels, bump mapping, etc., to achieve to results that I was looking for. My failing eyesight put an end to that endeavor. Thanks,Tommy
    Actually a combination of both. The front half of the fuselage is flush, the rear half of the fuselage is raised and the tail is flush except on the trim tab.

Huh, he's right. I didn't think to look over the back half of the plane in my own photos.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan-180818-0145-800x.jpg   Scan-180818-0139-800x.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Actually a combination of both. The front half of the fuselage is flush, the rear half of the fuselage is raised and the tail is flush except on the trim tab.
    Thanks so much for the clarification!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Functionality in the cockpit seems to missing the right click, not sure how this was missed in beta testing? as you can switch tanks but not switch back. Thank you Jan Kees for the wonderful repaints!

The US Naval Reserve and FireCat skins will be my excuse to buy this aircraft. Great job!
    I pass gas!

Working on this one

Been working on this one for a while. Got distracted for a bit, but hopefully getting back to it soon. I'm planning on two versions. The civilian N7195C shown here and the best I can figure out for the original paint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot-230826-123936001a.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	91731

Sheeny Shiny !!!

Nice !

Members who have read this thread: 6