Years of MSFS 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Years of MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I don't like these airports in real life, so why should I go there in the sim? Heathrow always manages to lose my luggage, I go to great lengths to avoid it...
    Among other things, isn't that just what the sim is for ?... Go to places you'd never care or dare to go to in real live ?... Virtual Heathrow will *never* loose your luggage, you'll never have to wait for your ticket or be harassed by a misanthropic customs officer. And you can sit in the best seat on offer: the Captain's seat and fly the plane too. Try that at real life Heathrow..

Certainly not anymore but in the 'good old days' of FS one of my fav flights would always be Schiphol to Heathrow and vice versa with any sort of prop- or jet airliner, vintage or modern. Usually also to check out the umpteen's new FS version with my umpteen's new rig. I'd often buy the newest version of Heathrow, Schiphol, Frankfurt, LFPG, KJFK, KORD, KSFO etc and so on and usually accompanied by the newest version of the respective cities as well. 'To check out my new rig' always a good excuse but mostly just to have a look. Scenery builders used to love me... ;-)

Nowadays, with MSFS, that's not on the menu anymore of course and i, for one, am over the virtual moon with the look and performance of big cities and airports in MSFS. Still i'm a low and slow biplane flyer by heart. Doesn't matter, in our big beautiful virtual flying world you can have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Imagine Hillbilly Jim in a Tin Lizzy cruising Wallstreet for the very first time in his life, that's me on a major airport.
    Had to google 'Tin Lizzy' to know what you're talking about. Hehe..;-) 'Thin Lizzy' however does ring a bell. Had the pleasure of watching a life show still with Phil Lynott just now. That was nice so thanks ! (love their version of "Whiskey in the jar". )

Green grass of home, buddy. "Home" not necessarly but "green gras" feels more comfortable to me.
    On a serious note, performance around major urban areas just doesn't cut it on my dated rig.
    That must be significantly better now with MSFS, musn't it !?

I used to be a faithful follower of the MS religion "Biennial New FS Version/Biennial New System" (well, more or less anyway) and check out a big city like New York to see the result in fps. Usually a bummer still.. I think i bought Drzewiecki Design NYC atleast 3 times turning out 3 times a slide show (talkin about FSX/P3D)... Problem is that i LOVE to fly over over big cities. Now with MSFS, once and for all the wonder finally happend, i can fly over NYC in full glory with very reasonable fps. Boy!, that took some time !!

Mind you, i love flying the grass strips with my beloved Tiggie just as much. Can't wait to whip up some clumps of grass with your amazingly beautiful Klemm. Thanks a lot for making that happen, Mathias !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    ... 'Thin Lizzy' however does ring a bell. Had the pleasure of watching a life show still with Phil Lynott just now. That was nice so thanks ! (love their version of "Whiskey in the jar". )
    Thin Lizzy you say? Talking about that kind of stuff here?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHyYqVkDnM
    Your's truely when I had some bit of hair left, the guy with the Goldtop Les Paul to the left. :-)
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Thin Lizzy you say? Talking about that kind of stuff here?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHyYqVkDnM
    Your's truely when I had some bit of hair left, the guy with the Goldtop Les Paul to the left. :-)
    Great! Love Thin Lizzy! So you were the Scott Gorham of the two guitarists?

Cees

No, we didn't really have "fixed roles", that band was a general 70s rock cover band that happend to play a good number of Thin Lizzy songs amongst others.
    We regularly switched between Gorham and Robertson.
    Mathias

SOH-CM-2023
    Used the superhornet briefly and the C-152 frequently. Been to all the airports. Visit most of the POI's. BTW, still waiting for the WU XIV POI list.

I'm apparently the oddball here. Never actually flown a real plane especially a military one as many at SOH have. My misfortune. Airforce ROTC identified me as an observer. Worked at critical industries of Oak Ridge and North American Aviation, Rocketdyne.

Spent most of my earlier flight-sim years producing Louisville scenery, now very obsolete.

Submitted KLOU to flightsim.to which failed, but repaired with a crude fix. So embarrassing!

Members who have read this thread: 1