VRS Superbug Re-installation problem

Thread: VRS Superbug Re-installation problem

VRS Superbug Re-installation problem

Greetings,

To make a long story short, 12-year-old desktop rig finally died and I was forced to buy a new one. I had 99% of my previous FSX install backed-up to external drives, so it hasn't been much of a problem. My VRS F-18E, however, is giving me issues. Upon reinstallation, when I try to enter my entirely legal and paid-for License ID and password through Aircraft Manager, I get an "unexpected error upon send" message. I've tried contacting Vertical Reality Simulations about this, but as of yet have received no answer. According to their website, the legality of my product is on record and I have one installation coming, but the send error keeps popping up and I can't get fully-functional MFDs from my cockpit. On the VRS website, the support forum appears to have been locked since 2021, so I really don't know what to do next. This is one of my favorite FSX aircraft and I'd really like to continue using it. If anyone here has had a similar issue, I'd very much appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance,

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Do you happen to have moved from basic FSX to Steam? I had to pay for that step, in consequence decided not to have anything to do with them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Do you happen to have moved from basic FSX to Steam? I had to pay for that step, in consequence decided not to have anything to do with them anymore.
    Thank you for answering. I'm still in basic FSX-Acceleration. The only ting I ever ran in Steam was Shogun: Total War 2. I wouldn't be opposed to paying the 7.95 USD to move up tp the latest version, but the VRS pay portal says my debit card, which I use every day, doesn't match my bank information, so having nothing to do with them may already be fait accompli.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    On the VRS website, the support forum appears to have been locked since 2021......
    James,

If you login/sign up the support forum is very much alive, I had installation problems a while back, they got sorted tout suite. Hope that helps?

Andy
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    James,

If you login/sign up the support forum is very much alive, I had installation problems a while back, they got sorted tout suite. Hope that helps?

Andy
    Andy,

Thank you for writing. I tried logging in with my old password and was told it was incorrect. I then requested a new password but as of this writing have received no answer. I've already emailed the site administrator but as of yet I've had no reply. If I ever do hear back from them I'll post what happens.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

After three rejections, the VRS website accepted my debit card earlier today, and I got my 7.95 USD 1-year maintenance extension. I downloaded the a/c installer from the website and was given a new password via customer portal which I was able to install through the Aircraft Manager. I have no idea why the website accepted my debit card today and not earlier, because I did nothing differently. I thought this was the problem to begin with, since my initial maintenance agreement expired in 2014, but for some reason it took the aforementioned three tries for the VRS people to believe I was legit. At any rate, now everything works as it should. Now I have to figure out why half the textures on my Spitfires are invisible.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0