GAS Stearman MSFS - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman MSFS

couple more - the airstrip is by 'vbcorp' and is the Borrego municipal airport in So Cal.
    This is someone that lagaffe knows - and he has done some VERY NICE airports for MSFS that are free - available at flightsim.to San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    the GAS Stearman - coming soon - is going to be a proper Boeing Model75

Still a WiP
    Thanks to Paul et al at GAS and to lagaffe for the work being done here - and for letting us post a few screenshots
    Thanks. I and LaGaffe are “Super” excited about what might be next. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Say No More.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Thanks. I and LaGaffe are “Super” excited about what might be next. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Say No More.
    Are you trying to insinuate something ?...

Btw, your PT-17 is looking wonderful and very promising ! Well done, sir, thanks a lot !

Can you maybe say something about the sound suite for your new MSFS Model 75 ?

Can't wait to call my crew to start cranking that inertia starter (you could be the first ever to physically animate that particular phenomenon for a vintage plane start-up sequence
    nudch, nudch, wink, wink, say no more...) (just kidding, sure we will settle for an electrical inertia starter, won't we ! )

Never too much open cockpit biplanes in MSFS ! Thanks very much again, gentlemen !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Are you trying to insinuate something ?...

Btw, your PT-17 is looking wonderful and very promising ! Well done, sir, thanks a lot !

Can you maybe say something about the sound suite for your new MSFS Model 75 ?

Can't wait to call my crew to start cranking that inertia starter (you could be the first ever to physically animate that particular phenomenon for a vintage plane start-up sequence
    nudch, nudch, wink, wink, say no more...) (just kidding, sure we will settle for an electrical inertia starter, won't we ! )

Never too much open cockpit biplanes in MSFS ! Thanks very much again, gentlemen !
    Version 1 of the project will feature a 3D sound pack of the Continental R-670 created for us by Immersive Audio. A WWise sound pack will be an upgrade to V2 and when available users will be notified by GAS on how to obtain it. The aircraft can be started in one of 3 ways. It retains the Crew Station for engine prime, inertial starter crank and release. It has a position for hand prop and can be started in the VC using a custom user interface.

Version 1 of the project will feature a 3D sound pack of the Continental R-670 created for us by Immersive Audio. A WWise sound pack will be an upgrade to V2 and when available users will be notified by GAS on how to obtain it. The aircraft can be started in one of 3 ways. It retains the Crew Station for engine prime, inertial starter crank and release. It has a position for hand prop and can be started in the VC using a custom user interface.
    Sounds wonderful, Spad, thanks very much ! Can't wait !

GAS Stearman Cockpits

Was working up a new livery today. Cockpit work to come with added PBR and adjustments to texture resolutions. Here's where we stand with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ku3WmS.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	91851

Great news Paul!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I am sending these screenshots to my buddy in Alabama who owns a Stearman, and he is impressed! NC

Name:	366971367_685750420249281_1503830034717894131_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	371.7 KB 
ID:	91878

Was working up a new livery today. Cockpit work to come with added PBR and adjustments to texture resolutions. Here's where we stand with it.

Name:	Ku3WmS.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	91851
    Looking great!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

A simple screen above Quebec :

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    A simple screen above Quebec :
    The return of "Stear Miss"! Lovely Gal! Note the Reg. # Star Trek Lives in MSFS

Well that looks purty! You can never go wrong with a red n white paint scheme on a Stearman and I like the improved look of a painted crankcase on that Continental motor too..
    however - the color used was typically this sort of thing generally

In other news - Where'd the pilot go?
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Well that looks purty! You can never go wrong with a red n white paint scheme on a Stearman and I like the improved look of a painted crankcase on that Continental motor too..
    however - the color used was typically this sort of thing generally

In other news - Where'd the pilot go?
    Fell out! LOL

so - not a re-enactment of Tomorrow is Yesterday then..
    enter..the Sandman

Got Friends 'Avitar' pilots work with the GAS Stearman - FYI
    enter..the Sandman

Seems I got to go get those vintage pilots then!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Seems I got to go get those vintage pilots then!

Priller
    You deffinately should but better watch out... Rolls and loops are off limits. You don't wear a chute nore harness nore safety belts. Do a roll and rest in peace. Atleast you'll be already burried.

well - officially only sustained inverted flight and inverted spins are prohibited in the Model 75..
    And the Skipper says I can share this video. This is the latest BETA version..so please post your thoughts with that in mind.
    If you want to see the crew start feature just rewind the playback to the start point - also please forgive my flying 'skills' ? they're a little rusty
    https://youtu.be/NJt6q7TvwFE?si=49wc99tzfXHZY9OE&t=230

Last edited by heywooood; October 17th, 2023 at 09:45.
    enter..the Sandman

I mis-stated above - this is the ALPHA version of the new GAS Stearman -not Beta

Carry on
    enter..the Sandman

Very nice, Heywoood, well done. Thanks!

What i do not understand is why you did not have this GF Avitar pilot fly the plane.....? In an earlier post you said : " Got Friends 'Avitar' pilots work with the GAS Stearman".... Here you created a chance to prove that yet you have this uninteresting default cap 'n cans guy fly the plane.... We know him far too well by now, don't we.

Then i was happy to see your passenger hop on board the plane, i was interested to see the animation, but after 2 seconds you threw him out again ??!.... You tease you !

Oh well, i think the sounds are pretty nice ( no flywheel spinning up sound then ??....)and the plane itself is very nicely modeled but i do hope the rudderpedals are going to be 'shined down' a tad or two (do i see trees reflected in them ??... that can't be right, can it ?..;-) and i'm not sure about the exhaust heath blur (maybe an option ?...) Looking forward to take her up myself and thanks again for the preview my friend !

Icon23

Very nice, Heywoood, well done. Thanks!

What i do not understand is why you did not have this GF Avitar pilot fly the plane.....? In an earlier post you said : " Got Friends 'Avitar' pilots work with the GAS Stearman".... Here you created a chance to prove that yet you have this uninteresting default cap 'n cans guy fly the plane.... We know him far too well by now, don't we.

Then i was happy to see your passenger hop on board the plane, i was interested to see the animation, but after 2 seconds you threw him out again ??!.... You tease you !

Oh well, i think the sounds are pretty nice ( no flywheel spinning up sound then ??....)and the plane itself is very nicely modeled but i do hope the rudderpedals are going to be 'shined down' a tad or two (do i see trees reflected in them ??... that can't be right, can it ?..;-) and i'm not sure about the exhaust heath blur (maybe an option ?...) Looking forward to take her up myself and thanks again for the preview my friend !
    LaGaffe is working on our own vintage military figures as optional avatars. No need for "Got Friends" you already do with GAS. . You can paint the rudder pedals when you get it. Looks like I'm going to need a lot of popcorn for this show when it comes out.

but i do hope the rudderpedals are going to be 'shined down' a tad or two (do i see trees reflected in them ??... that can't be right, can it ?..;-)
    For the sake of good order I do believe that what you perceive as tree reflections is actually what remains of the green primer paint after a lot of "booting" on the pedals, which actually looks quite accurate for a biplane. Paint wares off and the friction makes what is left uncovered look shiny.

Always a big fan of GAS and have almost all of their work in FSX/P3D so really looking forward to that one.

@Javis - this was a flight test of the model as well as an evaluation of the 3D model itself so I wanted to use all MSFS default materials. I did want to show that the Avitars product does work with it - but not conduct or record
    the test using other than default gear.
    Same for the 'student' pilot - just wanted to make sure the function was working and without issues using the quick access cockpit control feature. Denoting that you do not have to exit the flight or 'pre-set' the occupants in MSFS GUI and can do it 'on the fly'

I look forward to seeing the GAS mil pilot figure(s) - especially as GotFriends as yet has no Naval aviators (aside from 'Maverick' lol)
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    For the sake of good order I do believe that what you perceive as tree reflections is actually what remains of the green primer paint after a lot of "booting" on the pedals, which actually looks quite accurate for a biplane. Paint wares off and the friction makes what is left uncovered look shiny.

Always a big fan of GAS and have almost all of their work in FSX/P3D so really looking forward to that one.
    it has frequently been noted by vintage aircraft owners that the most polished parts of any such airplane are the rudder pedals -lol
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 105