GAS Stearman MSFS
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman MSFS

GAS Stearman MSFS

Working with a new team member, SOH LaGaffe, to bring GAS aircraft to MSFS. Still WIP with a long way to go. Hoping all will go well for a release sometime in the fall.

Looking forward to it. May this lead to additional GAS products in MSFS in the future!

Blog Entries
    Yayyyyyy! I loved your FSX one. I remember that I could hear the wires sing.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

That's looking excellent! Thanks for sharing the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by spad54 View Post
    working with a new team member, soh lagaffe, to bring gas aircraft to msfs. Still wip with a long way to go. Hoping all will go well for a release sometime in the fall.

outstanding
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Looking forward to it!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Super-excited to see your stuff coming to MSFS, and congrats on adding Lagaffe to your team!

Had your Fleet Finch in P3D and really hope to see it in MSFS someday! My great uncle wrote that it was his favorite airplane -- he trained in them before he was sadly lost in the crash of a damaged RCAF Wellington in Egypt.

Was hoping for one of the "real" Stearmans when I read the title, but I also applaud bringing any GAS plane into MSFS, and second the nomination of the Finch.

August

Very excited to see the GAS Stearman come to MSFS at last - Will this be the full package including the 'Duster, PT-13 and PT-17 as well as the Super?
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Very excited to see the GAS Stearman come to MSFS at last - Will this be the full package including the 'Duster, PT-13 and PT-17 as well as the Super?
    I don’t think so. At this point the focus is on the PT-17. LaGaffe and I have not discussed anything beyond that. I’m just glad to have connected with him and his impressive skill set. I'm also cognizant of the feelings of users of the other platforms and the legacy product that devs have abandoned them for MSFS. As much as possible I'd like GAS to continue to support P3D and by extension Legacy FSX, which may surprise some, there is still a demand for content. We, in fact will be launching the Aeromarine 39B for P3D V 5 and 6 and legacy FSXA in the coming weeks. Will that make it here? I can not say. One thing LaGaffe and I agree on is that whatever we do it has to be fun for us to do it. GAS is a team of enthusiastic hobbyists first. Currently doing a ground up new version of the PT-22 and hope that it will make it here once its completed.

Stearman Project Update

LaGaffe continues to work his magic and its amazing. Here are a few shots taken today. Still a way to go before testing but we are getting closer each week.

like finding out an old friend who had disappeared for a while has been found alive and well. It is a relief to hear - looking forward to flying the GAS Stearman again
    Thanks to lagaffe! - and to GAS for their efforts regarding the Golden Age of Flight Sim Aviation.
    enter..the Sandman

Really looking forward to this one. One of my Navy buddies, a retired PR Senior Chief, lives at a airpark near Bayou Le Batre, AL. 5R7 Roy E. Ray airport. He has a beautifully restored Stearman. Unfortunately, I think his flying days may soon be over. Getting older, as it happens to all of us...... NC

While wholeheartedly welcoming a new model of the class, I'd much appreciate to know what the intended differences are compared to DC Designs' model...

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    While wholeheartedly welcoming a new model of the class, I'd much appreciate to know what the intended differences are compared to DC Designs' model...
    The GAS Stearman is different in many ways. The 3D model was meticulously crafted by GAS and not purchased from some vendor. It is far more accurate, from having a properly done and accurate representation of the power plant, to the cockpits, to the aircraft itself. If you know the Stearman variants at all well you will recognize these details immediately.
    The flight models of each variant were also made as accurate as possible. If you are familiar with these variants PT-13 with the Lycoming radial, PT-17 with the Continental, PT-18 with the Jacobs, or the Super Stearman with the 450hp Wasp motor, you will appreciate the correct flight modeling of the version being released by GAS, as well the the roll rate of the modeled two-ailerons rather than a codged hybrid quasi four-aileron roll rate for ‘fun’
    The differences will be appreciated most by those who are more familiar with the aircraft and want more ‘fidelity’ to the original or real world aircraft.
    not to diminish the effort of DC designs who have stated time and again they are less interested in accurate details and fidelity than providing a generally acceptable source of entertainment for a reasonable price.
    Edit: I forgot to mention the sound pack that was created for the GAS Stearman - you’ll want to hear it.
    It was also specifically crafted for the GAS Stearman package and is outstanding
    enter..the Sandman

Moderator - please delete post 15 above - for some reason when I edit a post I get a duplicate of the entire thing, plus the edit.
    enter..the Sandman

Hey Woooody,

"Curb your enthusiasm" , you familiar with this HBO comic series ?.. You should ! It's hilarious ! I'd say Larry David is easily the most funny comedian we have today (together with Ricky Gervais of course).

You might want to curb your enthusiasm about the upcoming GAS Stearman a bit or is it like perhaps you know more about the project than Spad54 ?... F.i. you talk about 'each variant' but upon answering your question regarding Stearman variants Spad54 clearly states: quote " at this point the focus is on the PT-17. LaGaffe and I have not discussed anything beyond that." unquote.

So what's up with that, my friend ? Personally i'd LOVE to see a full blown, all singing and dancing MSFS Stearman package with all variants and engine types available and i'd be willing to dig deep into my credit card for that too but according to Spad's statement that's not going to happen 'at this point' ...

Do you possibly mean to say " more variants in the near future ? "...

Let's have it out on the table, Woodman, we want the truth and nothing but the truth, will there be more Stearman variants next to the PT-17 or not ??....

Thanks mate !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Hey Woooody,

"Curb your enthusiasm" , if you don't know about this HBO comic series, you should.It's hilarious. I'd say Larry David is the best comedian we have today (together with Ricky Gervais of course).

You might want to curb your enthusiasm about the upcoming GAS Stearman a bit or is it like perhaps you know more about the project than Spad54 ?... F.i. you talk about 'each variant' but upon answering your question regarding Stearman variants Spad54 clearly states, quote " at this point the focus is on the PT-17. LaGaffe and I have not discussed anything beyond that." unquote.

So what's up with that, my friend ? Personally i'd LOVE to see a full blown, all singing and dancing MSFS Stearman package with all variants and engine types available and i'd be willing to dig deep into my credit card for that but according to Spad's statement that's not going to happen 'at this point' ...

Do you possibly mean to say " more variants in the near future ? "...

Let's have it out on the table, Woodman, we want the truth and nothing but the truth, will there be more Stearman variants next to the PT-17 or not ??....

Thanks mate !
    As stated earlier the PT-17 is the focus and no plans beyond that for other variants.
    I'm learning from LaGaffe as we embarked on this project that its no simple task, unlike FSX or P3D, to copy and paste power plants and adjust air files. LaGaffe's skillset is nothing short of amazing and he's done things with effects and coding I never thought possible. Here is our rear cockpit.

Yes - as I said in the middle of my post - right after listing all of the Stearman variants (minus the Duster) I refer to the ‘Variant’ -singular- being worked up for release. Only listed the others in the post because they exist.
    I thought folks would miss it but decided to leave it written that way - since I can’t tell from the pictures which motor is on this one
    enter..the Sandman

Its the Continental R-670

I am so looking forward to this. I really miss the GAS biplanes in MSFS. Just one small request, if not too much
    trouble: could you make the registrations dynamic (eg, changeable)? It's just a personal thing, I always find it
    a bit immersion-breaking to be flying a GA with Swiss registration in Southern Australia, or a GA with Australian
    registration in northern England, etc., just because I really like the livery.

It's no big deal, so if too much trouble or would unduly delay the release, then never mind.

Thanks again for all the hard work, it really is appreciated.

GAS Stearman Progress

The project is moving and a steady rate. Here is a cockpit shot on final to 2B1 Marston Mills Cape Cod Mass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jb4Xkj.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	91836

Now that is gorgeous Spad!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Now that is gorgeous Spad!!

Priller
    LaGaffe is a true artist. we are really excited about this version.

the GAS Stearman - coming soon - is going to be a proper Boeing Model75

Still a WiP
    Thanks to Paul et al at GAS and to lagaffe for the work being done here - and for letting us post a few screenshots
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 105