Converting FSX aircraft to static models for MSFS

Thread: Converting FSX aircraft to static models for MSFS

Converting FSX aircraft to static models for Msfs?

A friend of mine is going to begin work on a military base for Msfs, and I am wondering if the Legacy importer tool provides options to make the converted model static only? I have not read about this specific detail, but if it can be done, I would really like to know, if anyone here has achieved it? Thx, NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; August 12th, 2023 at 10:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    A friend of mine is going to begin work on a military base for Msfs, and I am wondering if the Legacy importer tool provides options to make the converted model static only? I have not read about this specific detail, but if it can be done, I would really like to know, if anyone here has achieved it? Thx, NC
    The Legacy Importer tool can transform the configuration files (CFG, AIR) of an FSX aircraft to a MSFS format. The MDL isn't modificated.
    If you want transform the 3D file to be MSFS native, you should transform the sources with MCX in gltf format (unlicenced MCX don't save the animations, but as it is a static aircraft ...) in order to compile them to MSFS.

So, to answer the question: NO, Legacy Importer hasn't options to transform the MDL format in gltf.

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    The Legacy Importer tool can transform the configuration files (CFG, AIR) of an FSX aircraft to a MSFS format. The MDL isn't modificated.
    If you want transform the 3D file to be MSFS native, you should transform the sources with MCX in gltf format (unlicenced MCX don't save the animations, but as it is a static aircraft ...) in order to compile them to MSFS.

So, to answer the question: NO, Legacy Importer hasn't options to transform the MDL format in gltf.
    Well rats. I figured it wouldn't be that easy. I have zero knowledge as to how the process you described works, but thanks anyway! NC

What I think lagaffe is saying is to open the FSX model in Model Converter X. Use the Animation Editor to find and lock all animation so the aircraft looks static than export the model as .gltf.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    What I think lagaffe is saying is to open the FSX model in Model Converter X. Use the Animation Editor to find and lock all animation so the aircraft looks static than export the model as .gltf.
    Hmm, well, it sounds fairly simple to accomplish in theory🤣

Consider using a third party library from flightsim.to, there are a ton of great libraries available

https://flightsim.to/file/18392/vint...-library-v-1-0

https://flightsim.to/sceneries/libra...ost-downloads/

Members who have read this thread: 3