Got Friends F4F Wildcat announcement

Thread: Got Friends F4F Wildcat announcement

Got Friends F4F Wildcat announcement

Looks like their going to do it after all. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...friends/603969

They have nice products. However I wouldn't expect anything deeply simulated.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Sounds like you don’t have their Wilga, Ryan… It’s really well done, with tons of detail among the variants.

I’m looking forward to it. If it sounds and flies like an F4F, I’m good. If I don’t have to pump up the gear lever for 45 seconds, I’m okay with that.

I'm so glad that this project is still moving forward. I posted a video on that thread, which I just happened to see earlier today on Facebook, which does a great job of illustrating the operation and ratchet sound of retracting & lowering the landing gear. It's great to see the developer has responded to say that they have the hand crank simulated, but will also likely provide an option for an easier to operate up/down switch. Although the majority of the Wildcats flying today still only have the original manual crank, I remember reading about one FM-2 that was restored with an electric motor so in that one it is as simple as selecting gear up/gear down.

I recently purchased the Got Friends Wilga, and have been very impressed by it - it's full of advanced-coded features, and in addition to a very nice model and textures, the flight model and sounds are excellent too.

I for one will be very interested. And if it lacks study level detail and prices, I will be more interested. Like Denny said, as long as it flies and sounds like an F4F.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

It is very nice to hear that we are getting another US Navy fighter! The Wildcat will be a good companion for the Hellcat and Corsair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I'm so glad that this project is still moving forward. I posted a video on that thread, which I just happened to see earlier today on Facebook, which does a great job of illustrating the operation and ratchet sound of retracting & lowering the landing gear. It's great to see the developer has responded to say that they have the hand crank simulated, but will also likely provide an option for an easier to operate up/down switch. Although the majority of the Wildcats flying today still only have the original manual crank, I remember reading about one FM-2 that was restored with an electric motor so in that one it is as simple as selecting gear up/gear down.
    John, which particular FM-2 was restored with electrical operated landing gear?

The one I'm referring to is the old Howard Pardue FM-2 (N5HP), which was modified to have an electric motor for the gear in addition to the hand crank. I've seen reference to it being one of a few (of the 15 flying) that have been modified as such. They did the same with the new-production F3Fs as well.

I am aware of their Wilga....but I believe they had announced they were changing to more "xbox" compatible aircraft.

Maybe this Wildcat will be like the Wilga!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I am aware of their Wilga....but I believe they had announced they were changing to more "xbox" compatible aircraft.Maybe this Wildcat will be like the Wilga!
    Check out this recent preview. Looks like a lot of work in this one. https://fselite.net/content/got-frie...-and-previews/
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Looks like this is too be released this month, its looking fantastic! https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...nds/603969/254

Oh Mercy! I always had a softspot for the Wildcat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love the Wildcat in that pre-war paint -
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm going to be all over this!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Well, that's pretty.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

SOH-CM-2024
    I hope it comes with an authentic era pilot option and a paint kit. I'd like to do an Eastern Aircraft FM-1 in the Atlantic anti-submarine colors like my model shown here.

Cazzie

Attachment 91794

Two more F4F pre-release videos : https://youtu.be/Ixp15OSDzaI?si=z6Iq6YM12YHTJfwZ

and https://youtu.be/bpoJ5FhIWpY?si=pvqKFBEqUiAFWARh

Very much unlike the Virtavia F7F, even before release it seems already pretty popular by video reviewers.. I remember waiting for a video review of the F7F for about two weeks after its release...

When it's released, please start a fresh thread. It's easier than having to make edits to an existing thread.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I have watched some of the review videos, and it looks likes this is a must buy, since it has many interesting features, including firing guns and working bombs.
    Tom

I watched a few of the UTube reviews. Aircraft certainly looks well modelled inside and out. However to me the engine sounds that I heard (admittedly only snippets) didn't seem anything like the Wildcats that I see and hear at Duxford.

They have a very distinctive "clackety clack" - to me this one sounds like a generic radial engine.

However, let's wait and see what feedback we get on the sounds when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    I watched a few of the UTube reviews. Aircraft certainly looks well modelled inside and out. However to me the engine sounds that I heard (admittedly only snippets) didn't seem anything like the Wildcats that I see and hear at Duxford.

They have a very distinctive "clackety clack" - to me this one sounds like a generic radial engine.
    In their defense both the Wildcat's at Duxford are the FM-2 variety with Wright 1820 9 cylinder powerplant vs the F4F 14 cylinder P&W R-1830

There is only one F4F-type Wildcat flying in the world today (P&W R-1830), while all the rest of the flying Wildcats are FM-2s (Wright 1820). The one and only flying F4F is the -3 owned by Rod Lewis, and some bits of its sound can be heard here in taxi, takeoff, and solo pass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB-daKqJRm8

Members who have read this thread: 2