Lockheed Martin X-59.

Thread: Lockheed Martin X-59.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Lockheed Martin X-59.

The Lockheed Martin X-59 QuessT (Quiet SuperSonic Technology) has been unveiled! The goals for the X-59 are to "reduces the loudness of a sonic boom to a gentle thump to people on the ground" and to "gather data on human responses to the sound generated during supersonic flight," according to NASA.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Its exit out of the hangar reminds me of when you see Spaceball One's on screen entrance in Spaceballs! (It's even going the same direction!) The canopy looks like it came from an F-5. (I'm sure they used as many off the shelf components as they could.) The old XF-103 style periscope for the pilot is not lost on me and boy do I see a LOT of the Aardvark in that profile! The view from the front is wicked! Can't wait to see footage of this baby's first flight and hopefully it'll make an appearance at EAA in the future!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    The canopy looks like it came from an F-5. (I'm sure they used as many off the shelf components as they could.)
    I think the landing gear comes from the F-16 spare bin..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0