General Motors FM-2 Wildcats posted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Motors FM-2 Wildcats posted

Thank you Captain, these planes are beautiful

Wonderful!

Thanks for this New ADD CK. I especially appreciated the accompanying history of the FM-2. Going to get them now.

Blog Entries
    Hi Captain Kurt Super work Thank you for this beautifull bird Beepee

Thank you Captain Kurt. I learned something today about history of this aircraft. Never paid too much attention other than thinking all Wildcats were F-4-F. Beautiful handy work.

Downloaded while I was at work today (rare for me) because I couldn't wait to take a peak. Can't wait to fly it CK. These are beautiful planes. Many thanks for this effort.

Thank you, really appreciate this!

Blog Entries
    Are these from scratch modals or based from modal that’s been reworked. Are there breaking parts etc?

Blog Entries
    Great models Captain Kurt! The pilot figure is exceptionally well done. Thank you.

Thank you for the new Wildcats Captain! Like all of your aircraft, they are really well done!

Thank you for these fantastic new airplanes, Kurt!

Thanks all

DW It is made from scratch.

And yes it has breaking parts. BUT evidently no good deed goes unpunished.

ACWai let me know that the fuselage is breaking into two halves. I never have any success getting breaking parts working right. I'll fight it today and see if I can get it working right. If that fails I will just remove the breaking parts. I'll be posting an updated dp one way or another.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Ok, this was an exercise in futility. No matter what I have tried, even matching the stock F4F exactly, I still get version of duplicated fuselages when breaking. Perhaps someone else can solve the mystery, but I am giving up on it and have just updated the dp in the downloads to have no breaking parts.

For those who already have downloaded the planes, here is the dp without breaking parts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the hard work. My guess would be another German plane coming out of the clouds soon after this US Navy Wild Kitty.

No need to be modest CK! The Wildcat by Gramps, was quite nice in its days, but those days are already long behind us. Your model is definitely a huge improvement!

The new model by CK (really stunning engine!)

And the trusty old donationware version by Gramps, which a sort of shows it age...

Thanks again!
    Huub

Hi Huub,

I wasn’t aware that Gramp’s did an updated FM-2. I have a copy of his old version. Is it available in the library?

Howdy all,

I found them after doing some digging in the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Thanks all

DW It is made from scratch.

And yes it has breaking parts. BUT evidently no good deed goes unpunished.

ACWai let me know that the fuselage is breaking into two halves. I never have any success getting breaking parts working right. I'll fight it today and see if I can get it working right. If that fails I will just remove the breaking parts. I'll be posting an updated dp one way or another.
    Kurt,

Thanks for all these new aircraft.

I am writing a detailed tutorial on how to build break apart aircraft. Hopefully you can use the instructions that I had already sent via email. This tutorial will also include details on how to animate the VC and a quick way to animate the landing gears (not that you need any help on the landing gears). Hopefully this tutorial will help some new FSDS users.

Andrew

Captain Kurt,

My son took a look at these this weekend and that is no bomb loads or rocket load outs in the dp.The 1 pic you have shows 6 rockets,they could also carry 2 x 250 lb bombs instead.Since you made the rockets for it I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Hiede

Beautiful model Kurt...superb!

Many thanks. I love the detail, especially the engines, and the overall accuracy ( I know there'll be a rivet counter out there to say otherwise! lol). VC's are very good and skins likewise.

Why the hell didn't you start making models earlier!!!

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks all.

Andrew, that would be awesome.

Hiedi,

Thank you for pointing that out. The VC4 model has no rocket rails and therefore its .dp has no rockets. I don't know how I did it (must be getting senile, dang) but I got that VC4 .dp copied into all the other upload aircraft folders instead of the correct .dp. I'll get that fixed sometime later today.

Regarding the bombs, the specifications for the FM-2 list it capable of carrying 2 x 250lb bombs. However, I've left them out on purpose. I have not been able to find a single picture of an FM-2 with bombs, and the multiple reference works I have don't have a reference to bombs. Further I've read an autobiography of a VC pilot who describes many ground attacks but never mentions using bombs, only rockets. My conclusion is evidently they weren't actually used.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

OK the download files have been updated to include the correct .dp files, and an LSO was added to the cfg file as well.

For those who already downloaded the planes,the VC-4 version has the correct .dp file. For all the others, here is the correct .dp file which has the rockets.

FM-2.zip
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Thanks Captain Kurt.

Hiede

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 FM-2 Wildcat

Another excellent aircraft from a wonderful designer !!!
    Thank you Captain Kurt !

Please continue with your wonderful work,
    Regards,

Thank you Captain Kurt. I've been flying these around and they are great fun. They are fantastic!

msfossey

Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0