Is there a scenery data base limit?

Thread: Is there a scenery data base limit?

Is there a scenery data base limit?

The reason I ask is I have been adding some new scenery related to the Finnish Sea area. Now when I start my European install it says it's, on every activation, "Building database for new scenery files". Plus new main folder entries show up on each Euro install activation, such as: 3EDF; 86CA; 671E so on in that random fashion.

This did not happen until I began adding the new scenery.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

One possible cause could be two scenery files that have the same airfield in them. This will cause the scenery database files to re-load each time you launch the game.

Which European sceneries do you have installed?

All of them. Checking for dups now.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi Stoney,

They look like GUID numbers which would suggest that it's missing library objects. If you take a screenshot of the error message and post it here, we should be able to sort out the problem easy enough.

Cheers
    Aussie

I think you see this when your install has more than 200 ...._AFD.bgls active.

Try culling your airbase numbers, see if that gets rid of the messages.

You were right UT! I removed the ADF bgls from the "Finnish Sea" scenery I had just in stalled and the Europe install loaded without the scenery rebuild issue I mentioned above. I did not realize there was a 200 limit on ADF bgls. So thanks for clearing that up for me. Also thanks to the other guys who also offered helpful advise.

I'm thinking I might split my Europe install into Two: Western and Baltic countries. Might help in the future.

Library Staff
    Hi Stoney,

If you download the latest European airfield packages by Achim, you will find the AFD entries have been consolidated into single BGL files for each geographical area. This should overcome the 200 limit for you.

Like the MS civil sims, you can have thousands of AFD entries in CFS2 as long as they're not in separate BGL files.

Kevin

Oh ho! Something else I did not know. Thanks KD!

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post

... you will find the AFD entries have been consolidated into single BGL files for each geographical area... Kevin
    Is there a way of cross checking which AFD entries exist in a particular BGL file, please ?

Thanks for any info in advance,
    Ro

Library Staff
    Hi Ro,

The quickest way to see what's in an AFD BGL file is to open it with a hex editor such as Frhed.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0