A big thanks

Thread: A big thanks

A big thanks

I think a big thank you should go to all the people that create everything for CFS2. Over the years they created new scenery,planes,ships,missions and campaigns.If it weren't for them this sim would probably have died years ago.

Is it so hard to show appreciation to them?I know say well look at the downloads,that's how we show our appreciation.Years ago a lot of members would say thank you for your hard word,today it's mostly the older members that say it.Maybe the"Newbies are just ungrateful".

What are you going to do if new things stops being made?Probably complain I'd imagine.

Hiede

Couldn't agree more Hiede, as a long time member with limited skills, I try to show my appreciation for everything created and shared at SOH, even things I don't download myself. The effort, generosity and dedication to my favorite pass time demands nothing less.

Thanks to all for keeping CFS2 a relevant and thriving sim that is over two decades old.

I agree ! Thanks to everyone !!

I also would like to extend my thanks to all of you. This is a great sim, made better by all of you and your contributions to it.

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks

Agreed In addition to the marvelous works that have been done is the willingness of those more experienced to share their knowledge to those new or reentering the sim.

I've played CFS2 for 23 years. This game has its limitations, but the shear collection that is can support from aircraft to ships to airfields is staggering. Throw missions and campaigns, and it is easy to see why this game has the legs that it does. Thank you to all of the creators, past and present.

I started with CFS2 in 2005. Long time ago...
    If I look at what we had then, and what is available now, it is just amazing.

So, also from me, a big Thank You to all the people building airplanes, sceneries, ships, objects, campaigns, you name it, also the repaints, and thereby keep this sim alive, and make it better and more enjoyable all the time.

I would like to echo the thanks! Thank you all for your support for such an awesome sim.

A big thanks also from me for all the people making things for CFS2, a game I bought in 2001 or 2002, when I was 12 or 13. It was far from me until I found back my CFS2 CDs and managed to re-install it that a game this old could be improved that much from people doing things on their free time. Thank you again to all.

Hiede,

I suspect you're right. This forum doesn't get the interaction it once did.

My own experience it that it was the help & exchanges with past masters that have allowed me to develop my skills over the years -

People like Sopwith Chameleon & Revev helped me gain confidence in painting.
    My partnerships with Baldy & Acwai were sparked by exchanges regarding particular aircraft types.
    Maskrider, Jean Bomber & Rhumbaflappy answered my dumb questions about scenery/airbase creation.
    Allen & Shessi similarly helped me to start to understand the mysteries of model-making.
    Lately I've been able to support Captain Kurt, Shadow Wolf & Skylane in different ways, as they've strove to push this Sim into new areas with Mission building.

It was interactions between members, combining & supporting each other with their projects/passion that made this place such a vibrant, fun community.

I just don't see any of that sort of interaction here anymore.

I think the low number of responses so far probably tells you all you need to know...

Well expressed, UncleTgt! And thank you for the kind mention.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 1