I Said One Thing But - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I Said One Thing But

Never Say Never

There may be another update and then again there may not be...we'll see what the future may bring. Here are two updates of the bgls for both P3D and FSX users including the new water towers and the 15slip boat dock I just found and created in Sketchup quickly and added to Argentia. I'm going to rely on the photoreal background to supply the rest. Here are the two folder downloads. Also, I may not be on here at all tomorrow shutting down my computer and hunkerin' down to weather the storm that's coming up from Florida with the ubiquitous name of IDALIA. Now if you have someone with that beautiful name, forget I said anything.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5lmev...s+FSX.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hhoht...DV4+5.zip/file

Delete and replace the airport bgl's with the new ones. You do not have either the water tower or the boatslips so add them. Don't forget the textures or you'll have "black" watertowers.

Getting Tired Of Updates

I installed my updates that I shared last night with you in MY CWAR this morning since the hurricane is still a ways away so I am taking advantage of the time on my computer before I have to shut it down so it does not get fried if we get a power surge with an outage I pray we don't. My water towers were black even though they shouldn't be so if yours are too let me know and I will send you a new update pack of the blgs and textures. Let me know what sim you are using. Here they are in MY Argentia.

In P3D V4.5 the towers are black - In P3D V5.4 the towers don't show at all (No towers) I am beginning to think that this scenery would have to be bent in such a way so that it would work
    with P3DD5.4 - What with the taxi line issues I mentioned before with P3D V5.4 and now this (no water towers). So, I think that this scenery was meant for P3DV4.5 and my hopes for it
    working with 5.4 are dashed a bit unless it could be altered by a someone who HAS P3D v5.4 and is a scenery buff.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I installed my updates that I shared last night with you in MY CWAR this morning since the hurricane is still a ways away so I am taking advantage of the time on my computer before I have to shut it down so it does not get fried if we get a power surge with an outage I pray we don't. My water towers were black even though they shouldn't be so if yours are too let me know and I will send you a new update pack of the blgs and textures. Let me know what sim you are using. Here they are in MY Argentia.

I don't know what this "p3d" thing is that people are fretting about, but in my FSX Deluxe sim the following happen:
    - I have two water towers and they are black
    -I have minor autogen encroachment on Rwy 08/26 - northside on the seaward half (even with Ed's suggested tweak of the .cfg file)
    -I have that elevation issue -looks like about 8 ft - that prevents use of the ramps (crashes coming and going)
    -after umpteen flights in and out, I just discovered that on Runway 08/26 the runway number markings are reversed (08<>26) but I know how to use a compass

So, other than not being able to do a water landing and then taxi onto terra firma, I still have a use-able and quite attractive Argentia.

OH, one other note: OrbX did do an Argentia in the FTX Global Airports freeware. It was coded NWPand resides in my F:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery as "ADE_FTX_FTXG_NWP.BGL" I never tried it before installing Richard's version so I have no real impression but it was slightly different laterally, vertically and obviously had different structures, which showed until I realized I'd only switched off one of the two OrbX .bgls

Hope Idalia wasn't too bad an event for you R.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CWAR Rwy 08-26.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I am going to post a new FSX link

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    I don't know what this "p3d" thing is that people are fretting about, but in my FSX Deluxe sim the following happen:
    - I have two water towers and they are black
    -I have minor autogen encroachment on Rwy 08/26 - northside on the seaward half (even with Ed's suggested tweak of the .cfg file)
    -I have that elevation issue -looks like about 8 ft - that prevents use of the ramps (crashes coming and going)
    -after umpteen flights in and out, I just discovered that on Runway 08/26 the runway number markings are reversed (08<>26) but I know how to use a compass

So, other than not being able to do a water landing and then taxi onto terra firma, I still have a use-able and quite attractive Argentia.

OH, one other note: OrbX did do an Argentia in the FTX Global Airports freeware. It was coded NWPand resides in my F:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery as "ADE_FTX_FTXG_NWP.BGL" I never tried it before installing Richard's version so I have no real impression but it was slightly different laterally, vertically and obviously had different structures, which showed until I realized I'd only switched off one of the two OrbX .bgls I have made changes to include the watertowers and textures and also changed the runway designations. Here are two screen shots I just took and also a link to an updated version for FSX and Steam:

Open FSX Scenery and Delete your current CWAR. Delete the current CWAR from your Addon Scenery Folder. Copy/paste this current CWAR completely into Addon Scenery. Open FSX go to Scenery and activate this CWAR in the normal way. That way there will be no conflicting information or files.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2hyw...a-FSX.zip/file

Hope Idalia wasn't too bad an event for you R.
    I don't remember if I ever updated FSX Argentia. P3D was updated so that the watertowers are painted and have an obstruction light on top. Also I will check the runways. I may have created them backwards. I followed the RAF Map they made of the base and also the early 50's USN maps. Any photoreal is fairly current on Google Earth so stuff is gone. Also you will receive the latest seaplane ramps that both work though not inclined which i just cojuldn't get to work so they are "water-level" which allows taxiing on/off the water. Falcon409 created a version with ramps.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; September 2nd, 2023 at 08:21.

I Am A Poor Amateur

I downloaded KNIP NAS Jacksonville from Jim Dhaenens and installed it into Prepar3D V4.5 and it works great. So great that I wish he was still able to be contacted so that I could ask him to help me finish the seaplane ramp here at NAS Argentia but I have seen that you can't get in touch with him anymore. Sooo too bad! LOOK AT THE SEAPLANE RAMPS AND THE SEAWALL in this photo. I opened it up in ADEx but can't figure out how he did what he did with the seawall and seaplane ramps because they don't show up in ADEx or the bgl's in Model Converter X.
    I'm so bummed!

I thought I was done, but I am going to try and recreate what he has done in Sketchup this week and experiment and see if I can still do the seaplane ramp the way it should look like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    . . . . .I opened it up in ADEx but can't figure out how he did what he did with the seawall and seaplane ramps because they don't show up in ADEx or the bgl's in Model Converter X. I'm so bummed!
    This is just a guess, but I looked closely at the ramps and how they connect to the tarmac. I also looked at the various bgl's. I think the ramps and the tarmac are all one object. He used GMAX for the custom objects and as precise as those ramps are in the way they attach to the parking ramp. . . .just leads me to think it's all one piece.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

KNIP_Tarmac by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I Agree

From my observation I agree and can see what you opened in Model Coverter X. I was considering doing the same in Sketchup; export and then create a scenery bgl to add in the shape of MY apron. I have at times at Jacksonville with BOB sunk through into the water below and other times not. I just wrote to Jim Dhaenens and will see if he replies.

A Little Bit

I think that I am going to leave Argentia as it is. If someone wants to add anything to it or work on the seaplane ramp let me know and I will send you any files that you may need. I am moving on satisfied with what I have learned from it and accomplished. I have resurrected my Aerosoft CRJ in Prepar3D V4.5; downloaded some airports and want to fly for a while that I haven't done in a couple of months of real flying. I hope everybody who has downloaded this enjoy it and those who will enjoy it as well. A big thank you to Falcon409 for his help and creativity and to Gray Eagle for his testing and recommendations as well as others.

Members who have read this thread: 2