Independant small HUD information for Fs9

Thread: Independant small HUD information for Fs9

Icon5 Independant small HUD information for Fs9

Hi Folks,
    In CFS2 there are several small ac info HUD's available, which sit to at the top/side of the screen (see attached). It displays various ac data in a very easy and compact way, and doesn't take up much room on the screen, a real boon.

I know you can display some of that data as word strings across the top of an Fs9 screen, but I was wondering if there was any like this CFS2 one for Fs9?

I've tried using the CFS2 one in Fs9 and no, it doesn't work.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 907316156259242874.png  

At one time I got the CFS2 HUD gauges to work in FS9. Think I had to copy over the default_panels.cfg into the main FS04 folder for the CFS2 HUD gauges to display right. Note they will not work in FSX.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Along the same lines... For a long time I've wished that some genius would figure out a hack for FSX that would allow the red flight data and FPS lines at the top of the screen to display in a larger font size. At 1920x1080 screen resolution (and even lower) they are very hard to read, even with my reading glasses on.

Icon5

Ahh that's interesting Allen, thanks, I'll have a play.

In Fs9/FSX it's so clunky and old fashioned to have just those data strings across the top.

Gau's and xml's are not something I've dabled with, but I'm surprised no one has made really good versions for the other sims....anyone???

Cheers

Shessi

Well, it might sound like it won't fit, but you might want to try grabbing the IRIS Mig-29 or KBT's Mitsubishi F-2.

As I recall, the 2D panel only features some basic gauges with no background.
    I think its what you're looking for?
    You could basically steal the panel.cfg from the Mig or F-2 and swap it into your aircraft, swapping out some gauges as well.

Let me run the game and check some aircraft, I'll get back with other candidates.

Thanks S,
    Yes, I looked through various ac to see if there was anything helpful, but nothing close to this.

Don't forget it's not an individual HUD on a specific ac I want, it's a generic general info HUD for all ac, as shown in this CFS2 shot.

I have always flown CFS2 with that HUD, so useful and unobtrusive. Also because screen definitions are so good now, and with the higher sim res in Fs9, it should be possible to have lots more info in a HUD, hopefully programmable, so you could chop and change what you want to display.

WHO's into XML and Fs9/FSX?!

Cheers

Shessi

ps. I mean if Farming Simulator 22 can have a HUD!! (including speed, revs, gear, fuel, operating time, clinometer)...why can't other sims.... (I don't play it, honestly!, just found it lol).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails implement-wear-info-hud-v1.0-fs22-1.jpg  

Thumbs up

Thanks for the thought Andy, but no, not really. Saw that and others, but want something as the CFS2 set, fairly simple/customisable and sits on the edge/top of the screen for all ac flown.

Shessi

Fair enough, just a thought.
    Andy

Hi Folks,
    Well in between various projects I had a play with the versions of the CFS2 HUD that are available, and managed to get it to work (which surprised me!). Not too hard to do, and IMO looks pretty good and works well. BUT, it is a bit flaky ie it does display, but sometimes it may lose some or most of the display whilst flying. It doesn't always do that, and will return at some point during the flight, but it's not completely stable.

I know it's not important, but I wish someone with xml skill would produce an Fs9 version, that was also customisable, re-sizeable and colour change in-flight etc.......

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFS2 HUD Fs9 1.jpg   CFS2 HUD Fs9 2.jpg   CFS2 HUD Fs9 3.jpg   CFS2 HUD Fs9 4.jpg  

I lost knowledge of the keys for the HUD in CFS2, so please help me finding them :-).

THANKS!!!!

hertzie.

Hi H,
    When you're displaying the 2D panel view, press F3, and it will display the HUD, press F3 again and you're back to the 2D panel...simples!

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 0