Metar DL.zip

Thread: Metar DL.zip

Metar DL.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Utilities Add-ons

Description: Metar Download by Aussie

Simple program that will download the current metar data so it can be used in FSMetar155Beta.

Pre-Installation

FSUIPC:
    Make sure you have FSUIPC installed: Available at the below link: Also note the Free User registration details on the page if registration is required.
    https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80...LIER%C2%A0ONLY

FSMetar:
    Thanks to SOH user UncleTgt FSMetar155Beta is available at the SOH for download
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=49&id=30141

Installation:
    Place contents of the zip in the same folder as FSMetar

Usage:
    1: Run Metar_DL.exe, click the download button and close Metar_DL.exe.
    2: Open the file Metar_DL downloaded with FSMeter. Consult FSMetar.exe UserManual.pdf for instruction on using FSMetar.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Metar DL.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Thanks very much Aussie for this useful utility.
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Thanks Aussie

Great little tool.

Was spooked a bit by needing to install Windows Desktop runtime to get it to run on my Win 10 laptop , but once that was installed it runs like a champ

Thanks Kevin and UT,

UT, I designed it with Visual Studio 2022 which is probably why you needed the new runtime.

Have you noticed that FSMetar doesn't always read the file properly? Not sure what that is, if it's the NOAA side or the way FSMetar scrapes the file. I've had it take 3-4 downloads to be able to read it. Anyway, having dynamic weather makes a huge difference to the overall experience of the sim.

Cheers
    Aussie

Thank you Aussie this is really appreciated since it's been many moons ago for me flying with actual weather running.

Library Staff
    Hi Folks,

I've just uploaded a new improved version on behalf of Aussie. FSMetar now opens every file downloaded by Metar_DL. Thanks Aussie!

Cheers,
    Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0