Me262 over Gloucestershire - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me262 over Gloucestershire

It would be nice if Mark (shessi) could bring a nice me262 to fs2004.
    Alex

Brisbane, Australia

Hahaha, knowing Shessi I'm sure he will put it on his list. But I'm also pretty sure his list is much longer than he can finish in one life time

Cheers,
    Huub

Ha ha ha..don't you know it Huub!

Alex, I appreciate what you ask, and yes there are several projects of 262's, somewhere in the project dungeons.

As Huub's shown, there are some ok versions to use, but by far the best looking and most accurate are the 262A and B by Mike Flahault/Flight Replicas. Back in 2008, I helped Mike with a lot of detailed photos of the South African Me262B night fighter, so know that the B model is very accurate. The problem is finding both versions for Fs2004!

Cheers

Shessi

Ill add my voice to the Flight Replicas 262, its probably my favorite payware of all time,
    SimMarket have the old FS9/FSX model for sale at 12Euro, Flight1 at about 20 if you fancy

https://secure.simmarket.com/flight-...schwalbe.phtml

I agree, the flight replicas model is the most accurate currently, but that should stop others from creating a more detailed version. Allen has been doing a good job on his me262 and we should encourage him to continue it.

and shessi your models have always been top notch with great detail. A modern replica would be nice to have, with detailing on the engines, updated modern antennas, revised cockpit
    Alex

Brisbane, Australia

Alex I understand what you are saying, but I wonder whether it is really worth the effort, as the modern Flugwerks Me262 replica was designed to be as close to the original as possible.

To see how close, here a nice video, which will also bring us closer to the original subject of the thread......

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Nope. General Electric CJ610

The combat Jumo 004 had restrictions on materials they could be built from so they did badly but the prototypes that didn't have material restrictions did as well as can be expected of Jet engines from that era IIRC.

The Flying Heritage Collection was trying to get there original 262 flying with I'm guessing is all new reproduction 004 and it looks like back in 2019 it was rolling around using them.

FHC is trying to get the 262 flying with the original 004s. Kind of. While the architecture of the engine is identical to the original (they are using the original engine casings) all of the internals have been remade to original specs but with modern materials. (Thank you Paul Allen.) I also believe they plan on using all original style fuel controls and not doing something like popping in a FADEC system to run the engine. So, it will still behave and sound just like it did back in the 40's, but have vastly improved reliability and time between overhauls. The replicas use J-85 engines with a bit of trickery to disguise them at the front. (The spike used for regulating the area of the tailpipe of the original is notably absent though.) Replica or real, I'd still be happy to see either in the air! Collings Foundation has one but I don't know how often they fly it.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Alex I understand what you are saying, but I wonder whether it is really worth the effort, as the modern Flugwerks Me262 replica was designed to be as close to the original as possible.

To see how close, here a nice video, which will also bring us closer to the original subject of the thread......

Cheers,
    Huub
    At least I got some cool renders out of things.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	91488

"Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 2