Flightsim.to's new look......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flightsim.to's new look......

Flightsim.to's new look......

Flightsim.to apparently has a new look. My first impression? Am not liking it. So far I have not found a page that lists new downloads. Unless you have to pay for Premium, which I ain't gonna do.. NCIf you look at the bottom of their website page, there are links to social media sites they link to. For me, at least, I will be downloading new files via their Discord channel, which is one of the links.

Just stumbled over it and all the clarity and sitestructure seems gone. Moreover the dark color really adds to the lack of usability.

No more updates vissible, only when you look them up etc.

If they only give you a usable overview for premium accounts that´s a poor move indeed...

For now not really happy with the result
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

The newly uploaded files are visible simply by scrolling down the main page (after the "social media" style section).
    However, it seems there's no more way to filter the new uploads by category (aircraft, repaints, sceneries etc...). All is mixed together, which is opposite to any 'improvement' their marketing guy is trying to throw at our faces.

I'll probably sound like an old fart, but that new website really sucks. I guess the previous one was too easy and comfortable to use. Unacceptable, by today's standard. A good and modern UI should help your transit, if I understood correctly.

Why did they change it !? The original was clear, superbly laid out and easy to find everything. Bonkers

absolute rubish now.............

Apparently we have to create a new account to download? Could not find the log in , only a sign up. Indeed, at first blush the new site is a mess.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

try to find dc3 livers,no way now

I clicked on the Discord link at the bottom of their page, which took me to a "Invite" to their Discord channel.

Then, on the left side of their Discord page, you will see a link to the "Addon-postings". NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	discord.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	91309

I didn't need to create a new account to download a livery from the new website. I agree with previous comments that the new layout is a jumbled mess, even when you use the 'menu' options down the left of the screen. We've seen 'em come and we've seen 'em go, this one is looking like another 'also-ran'.

will remove my liverys again,if they not change this Mess.........

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Why did they change it !? The original was clear, superbly laid out and easy to find everything. Bonkers
    Perhaps they brought on a few chaps from Apple and Microsoft...they are "experts" at fixing what formerly worked superbly...

Agreed...the site is more painful to check now.

Just my .02 cents.

Kent

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Not a fan, to put it nicely..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    will remove my liverys again,if they not change this Mess.........
    Please don’t deprive other sim fans of your talent just because fs.to doesn’t know how to run a website!

Gents,Can we please use a bit of restraint here. I have no comment on whether or not this change is an improvement or not, but it's far from broken. It took me about 20s to locate DC-3 liveries and sort/filter by 'Recent', 'Recently Updated', 'Most Downloaded', or 'Personally Downloaded'. In fact, it took me longer to write out these three sentences. I would rank this as minor inconvenience. Steps:1) Select category of add-on from top menu bar. ('Liveries')2) Search or manually select the category of choice ('DC-3')3) Filter results as desired

Funny note, I tried to upload a few pictures to show steps above and it broke all the formatting / spacing in my reply. So problems can appear anywhere

Hey guys, slow down and look. I found everything I wanted and had been using. It just looks different. You can find it too.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Attempt #2, here are the steps needed to find the download of your choice:

1) Select add-on category from top menu ('Liveries')

2) Search or manually select category of choice ('DC-3)

3) Filter based on desired selection criteria ('New', 'Recently Updated', 'Most Downloads', Personally Downloaded')
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg   02.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Hey guys, slow down and look. I found everything I wanted and had been using. It just looks different. You can find it too.
    Well I can't find the friggen log in to my account. And I'm not going to create a new one.

https://flightsim.to/news/preparing-...igned-platform

there you can write direkt at fs.to wat you think,but there a not much positive..........

lol...............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Well I can't find the friggen log in to my account. And I'm not going to create a new one.

Human-shaped icon in the lower left corner of the page?

I never liked that site and i probably never will but i must be honest and say that i don.t really dislike the changes .

had to try a download in order to get the prompt to log in. learning how to navigate the new look. must have been done by a software person, not a simmer.

Personally, I don't think it's that bad. Don't like the different sized thumbnails, but otherwise it's OK.
    No better or worse than the original, just different.

You can get rid of the Dark Mode by clicking on the indicated symbol!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-11 11.53.59 AM.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	91317
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0