FSX@War

Thread: FSX@War

FSX@War

Does anyone still use FSX@War? I never really got involved with it, but from what little I saw, it was quite interesting. NC

FSX @ War

Hi Pete,

It was a really great idea but FSX limited its true potential. Ed Akridge and I created a complete scenario for WWII Combat in Italy at the end of the war but it never took off after all the work put into it.

I liked using Carrier Convoy Planner which was a part of it for my WWII Cruisers and battleships with seaplanes and catapaults and may in the future use CCP in Prepar3D V4.5 which has the full computer memory to draw from and not overload the simulator like it did in FSX. The majority of the simmers interested in combat are now using DCS. I also saw today that the IL Sturmovik programs like Cliffs Of Dover are still going strong over there. Cliffs of Dover has a brand new group using VR headsets.

Richard

Thanks for your reply, Richard. I don't recall the difference between the two, but they seemed complicated. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Does anyone still use FSX@War? I never really got involved with it, but from what little I saw, it was quite interesting. NC
    NC,

I used FSX@War with the Southeast Asia theater with P3Dv4.5 and it worked fairly well.
    One thing though.....FSX@War, just by itself, is just scenery that can be destroyed (i.e. using Tacpack or CS Weapons for FSX).

If you run FSCAI along with it, the guns included in the FSX@War theater will shoot at you and will shoot you down if you aren't careful. Also, any AI aircraft designated as "enemy" can engage you and shoot you down if you add a configuration for them. AI aircraft can also fly their own missions and destroy ground targets.

FSX@War and FSCAI together turn FSX and/or P3D into a whole new experience.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

We also keep using FSX@war, but as Awstub wrote, always with other software ( mainly FSCAI too). What basically FSX@war does is to insert simobjects ( they are esentially as planes or trucks) but with different 3d being normal/damaged/destroyed, and the own system calibrates the damage that every simobject is able to receive. A simobject in FSX@war can be not only a vehicle but a building or structure. Main problem: if you add a lot of them you can sometimes overload multiplayer/joinfs, specially if players have not properly configured the session and hundreds of simobjects are being broadcasted simultaneously

FSCAI can do it all, but you need some text editing abilities ( it is not very complex, just similar to XML)

Members who have read this thread: 3