Solomons Scenery Expansion pt1 UT

Thread: Solomons Scenery Expansion pt1 UT

Solomons Scenery Expansion pt1 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: Solomons Scenery Expansion Pt1 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is an expansion to my previously released Solomon Islands scenery. It adds the islands to the East & South of the Solomons chain. Areas covered include:

Rennell Island (SW of Guadacanal)
    Indispensible Reef (further S from Rennell)
    Stewart Isles (East of Malaita)
    Malaita (new LWM polys & shorelines, but no rivers drawn)
    Uluwa (small island SE of Malaita)
    San Cristobal (SE of Guadacanal)

and all the islands of the Santa Cruz chain, plus all of the New Hebrides, including Espiritu Santo & Efate islands.

Contents:
    New Ground2K scenery for each, including fringing reefs.
    New airbase scenery, made using FSSC.
    New gsl infrastructure.
    New custom Landclass & Waterclass.
    Some simple missions to view the gsl scenery

Credits
    Thanks to:
    Jean Bomber for his inspiration, advice & support. He talked me through getting to grips with G2K & more…
    Maskrider for all his airbase packages & the blended airbase tutorial. This set the standard for airbase sceneries for the game.
    Rhumbaflappy for the new more accurate world mesh – it was a desire to make best use of this development that is the driver for many of my scenery projects. He also developed the vtp1 fixer programme to fix display errors in vtp bgls compiled from Ground2K.
    GavinC for his reworking of the stock airbases, making individual base reworking/ revision much easier
    Shessi for his water textures, that were the inspiration for my reworking of Jimkos Pacific Blues, & indirectly lead me to develop this latest set of water textures.
    Lindsay Watt for all of his scenery objects & innovations.
    Wolfi for his scenery objects.
    Xavier for all his scenery objects & airbase sceneries, opening up a larger world for us all to fly in
    Martin Wright for all the various software tools that are so useful!
    Russell Dirks for his EZ landclass programme, making large scale land/ water class adjustments possible
    Christian Fumey for his excl8 & Ground2K programmes, making the creation of completely new scenery possible for CFS2.

UncleTgt
    JUN 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Solomons Scenery Expansion pt1 UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Awesome buddy, thank you
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Will be installing this one and going for a nice ride today UT, many thanks for this one!

I had some feedback that, for those using Pactex texture sets, there will need to be some landclass patches made (as I did for the original Solomons package).

If you have Rhumbas CFS2 Tropical landclass active in your scenery library, you should be OK.

I'll try to get some landclass patches knocked up over the next few days ...

Thank you... outstanding work, UT!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you UncleTgt; your work is amazing. I appreciate the enormous efforts it must take to create all your scenery and am greatful you are willing to share these with us.

msfossey

Hi UncleTGT
    Thanks for this really great Scenery.
    Superb work as usual.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    I had some feedback that, for those using Pactex texture sets, there will need to be some landclass patches made (as I did for the original Solomons package).

If you have Rhumbas CFS2 Tropical landclass active in your scenery library, you should be OK.

I'll try to get some landclass patches knocked up over the next few days ...
    I've now updated my Solomons Landclass Patches package to include patches for the Eastern Solomons, Santa Cruz & New Hebrides areas.

UT

My son has put your scenery to good use,he thanks you for all your hard work.

Maybe some others can do some missions and campaigns in the Solomons besides him,TheBookie and Captain Kurt.

Hiede

Thanks Hiede,

Glad your son liked it

John, sorry for the late reply, real life has caught up with me, and summer with all the outdoor activities keeping me away from the computer.

Thanks a lot for this excellent update for the already super nice Solomons scenery. I installed it today, used the missions you provided to fly around some of the places, and enjoyed it a lot. Thanks again for another great scenery!

What a great addition this is Uncle! Efate is beautiful, and Espiritu is a huge improvement. Thanks again for a tremendous effort, your sceneries have really improved the whole South Pacific. Where to next my friend?

what a fantastic addtion! well done Uncle T amazing to read about

thank you!

will have to figure out about the landclass stuff will wait for what you release.

Chris
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    what a fantastic addtion! well done Uncle T amazing to read aboutthank you!will have to figure out about the landclass stuff will wait for what you release.Chris
    Chris,Already updated my Solomons landclass patches to include these areas.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=45&id=29392

Great thanks a lot. This is a very exciting addition! thanks so much for your hard efforts.

Chris
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Members who have read this thread: 1