Future plans

Thread: Future plans

Future plans

I plan to replace Stock Wake Island with the user created scenery first.

The question would be: is it enough to just copy the scenery over it ?

I would have the same for the Stock Midway

There are , I think only 2 missions in the campaign with Wake 1941 and a Japanese Midway attack mission. For the Americans I think there is one where Midway is defended ( but I don't know if you start from the carrier or airfield ) and a mission with the first attack on mikuma and mogami.

At the same time I want to exchange some ships in the port at PHP, PHP is NOT optimized for LOD, right ?

Could I at least use Rhuma's mesh for the beach for this or is that also not possible?

Elsner

Adding the new islands won't change anything in the mission files.

BUT

As the new scenery is based on Rhumbas more accurate world mesh, you might find the islands/runways /objects in the missions don't match up well with the new scenery location.

Rhumbas mesh is just mesh - it doesn't add coastlines to anything.

I don't think anyone has looked at changing anything in PHP - I have no idea how easy/difficult that might be.

I seem to remember that talon once said PHP was not created for rhumba mesh or LOD Update: My next overhaul project is the update of the PHP project to newer ship models or partly those which Hide provided. But I have to see how I have time for it.

Crashaz worked on the PHP scenery in the early to mid 2000's,it took about 7 or 8 years to finish.The ships Talon used were also by Crashaz.He did make newer ships but they were not used.Talon modified the older ships to not sink and also they were better looking,Chasaz agreed with this.

ElsnerMarkus-I think you should be better understanding of things before you start changing them,case in point was your Coral Sea update and all the trouble you had.Today all Talon's work is under copy write.

Hiede

Members who have read this thread: 1