Best Environment in 2023

Thread: Best Environment in 2023

Best Environment in 2023

What are the Best Environment Mods for Clouds , maybe MTO ETO PTO clouds ? Terrain Texture and Water Texture ?

What are the Best Mods 23 Years after Release of this great Sim ?

I'd like to know about clouds too. I'm currently using LDW Clouds.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I use LDW clouds, and PacTex for global textures. Rhumba's Mesh is required for all my installs, except for my SuperStock. Pullkey's INF re-textures are also a must for me.

UT's Jul2020 clouds are another great option too. I also have a hirezmoon and Sun2K textures dated from roughly 15 years ago.

Disappointing to see so little comment here.

ETO water - Shessi's

PTO WAter - my subdued texs

PTO land - Dvslats FSX style textures, plus my additions

Shorelines & rivers/roads - problematic - I like my own, but they could do with improving
    )
    Clouds - again, I like my 2020 set, but Aussies recent cloud set is pretty good

I still use FSMetar (offline, I saved quite a few Metars). When I'm building missions (not often ), I'll add the weather from a Free Flight to the Mission file using Notepad - it improves the "feel", rather than just clear blue skies...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Disappointing to see so little comment here. ETO water - Shessi's PTO WAter - my subdued texs PTO land - Dvslats FSX style textures, plus my additions Shorelines & rivers/roads - problematic - I like my own, but they could do with improving ) Clouds - again, I like my 2020 set, but Aussies recent cloud set is pretty good I still use FSMetar (offline, I saved quite a few Metars). When I'm building missions (not often ), I'll add the weather from a Free Flight to the Mission file using Notepad - it improves the "feel", rather than just clear blue skies...
    Uncle T, I've been gone for a long while, what is FSMetar for MB? Is it easier to use than MS MB? I have D/L'd your most recent work to my laptop. I will install the backrounds and look up Dvslats FSX textures. Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

FSmetar is/was a programme to use real world weather in the sim.

It doesn't replace Mission Builder.

It also doesn't look like it's available online anymore, which is a shame, as its the only one I found that worked well with CFS2.

Weather only working in QC or FF, but you can get the weather conditions from your cfs2.cfg file & add them to a mission using Notepad - can make it more interesting than the clear blue....

I just downloaded versions 1.54 and 1.55Beta of FSMetar from the links in this old thread, along with the English language file. Sadly, the NOAA link for the weather data files is dead -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post942087

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    I just downloaded versions 1.54 and 1.55Beta of FSMetar from the links in this old thread, along with the English language file. Sadly, the NOAA link for the weather data files is dead -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post942087

HTH

Well remembered Rohan!
    I forgot about webarchive.

I emailed the author to see a bout getting permission to upload it here, but the email address is no longer live.

I have approx 52mb of downloaded Metars I got before the format & datasets changed. I use them as a repository for (offline) weather for flights.

I just choose a text file (at random) & go fly. If the weather I see is interesting enough, I'll copy the weather section from the cfs2.cfg & put it into a text file for future use with a mission.

If there's enough interest, I could upload the basic metar text files I've collected to SOH, that way others could make use of this dataset too?

Oh yes please, John. I have not managed to find any data files when FSMetar has been discussed before . . .

Thanks very much in advance,
    Ro

I would be interested UncleTgt. It would be appreciated.

msfossey

Unc, I'd like to try the files too if you would be so kind. I like flying in FF with all kinds of weathers, especially 10/10ths. Regards, Graham.

I uploaded a collection of Metars, together with the FSMetar programme.
    Hopefully others will find it useful.

Thank you UncleTgt, looking forward to trying this.

msfossey

Metars

Thank you very much UncleTgt, I really appreciate you sharing what you have.

I'd lost all my METARS in a drive crash a few years back. This is quite a surprise.

Thanks again

Members who have read this thread: 0