Fly-By View finally here !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly-By View finally here !

Cool Fly-By View finally here !

Hey there Fly-By View aficionados. Fellow FlyByViewaholics who have been kept maliciously cold turkey ever since MSFS came about. It seems our suffering will come to an end finally. What do you think about this ! : https://youtu.be/HKb3OAknGU8?t=220

How about that, eh ?!!..

Personally i still can't believe it. Maybe that's why it kept saying "not started" on the official MSFS wish list at the "Can we have our Classic Fly-By Views back please" entry, right from the first time it was entered. Maybe Fabio Merlo was behind it all along. I figure this is not something you'll put together on a friday afternoon.

Atleast for yours truly MSFS will finally become aviation-hobby-galore numero uno which it surely seemed to be at first but which started slowly to reveal a few cracks in the glamour here and there. The blatantly missing Fly-By View and Instant Replay have always been a show stopper for me.

So not anymore ??!!.... (seeing is believing, i.e. hitting that Fly-By-View button !..) Grazie mille Fabio !!

Btw, more goodies to see too here in this video.

Cheers,
    Yours truly

Is this a real time fly-by view, or a video replay fly-by view? I typically don't record my flights.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Very curious and exited about this!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Bit surprised that it might've been released for some time already. Although the video is only one day old... Tried to buy it at Simmarket but i didn't go ahead because it seems like it is only an update ??..... No idea what's what yet....

@ Tommyboy, i certainly wish it would be real time Fly-By view but it reads 'Cinematic Replay' somewhere in the video. Real time fly-by is great during flight but i'd also love to see my take-off's and landings during Replay in all kinds of aircraft and all kinds of weather. Let the Instant Replay begin ! Please !

Technically it's been here since Day 1, as you could pretty easily emulate the classic flyby view with the drone camera but I guess it's nice to have a 1 click option. Not sure I would pay for it though. Asobo also added an experimental replay feature like 2 years ago, you just have to enable it in your settings.

Flight Control Replay has been around for a while, with each version being a separate product. Fabio offers a discount to owners of the previous product but I don't think it's possible to just purchase the update on its own so I wouldn't worry too much about buying the wrong thing.

This link will take you to the full product:

https://secure.simmarket.com/fabio-m...msfs-p3d.phtml

ok, so who here as this and what are your impressions?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Technically it's been here since Day 1, as you could pretty easily emulate the classic flyby view with the drone camera
    Mwah...pretty easily....Frist trials cost me about a day full of frustration, my neighbours complaining about the foul language coming thru the walls and almost losing my beloved brand new 32" Dell curved monitor because i wanted to throw my mouse at it...

Yeah, all that to finally accomplish *one* wonderful looking (and sounding !! ) Fly-By and wooozzz all gone. That's it... Start over again ! What terrible misery ! Sorry but i still can't forget the days of Active Camera by Anticyclone where, f.i. and a.o., during final approach you could click a spot along the runway in front of you (while inside the VC ! ), land, hit Instant Replay in a loop and watch your almost perfect landing from alongside the runway over and over again. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end...

but I guess it's nice to have a 1 click option. Not sure I would pay for it though.
    Well, that's probabely why it may seem strange to you but with MSFS i have always felt like being unnecessarely deprived of one of my most imported and most loved features of a flight simulator : enjoying to see a wonderful looking aeroplane being put thru its paces in Fly-By view, something that millions of people all over the *real* world enjoy over and over again when they come to air display shows. That's where the hearts of aviation loving people really get nourished.

Heck, when i see and hear a Spitfire or B-25 fly by at an airshow, or even at an airshow video, my whole being is engulfed in joy. Why can't we have that in MSFlightsimulator for Pete's sake !

For a flightsimulator developer to leave that out is almost criminal ( please excuse me if you think i'm going way overboard )

Asobo also added an experimental replay feature like 2 years ago, you just have to enable it in your settings.
    Actually i never felt i'd give it a try, what's Replay without Fly-By... ( That's probabely going to be my Epitaph ;-)

Flight Control Replay has been around for a while, with each version being a separate product. Fabio offers a discount to owners of the previous product but I don't think it's possible to just purchase the update on its own so I wouldn't worry too much about buying the wrong thing.

This link will take you to the full product:

https://secure.simmarket.com/fabio-m...msfs-p3d.phtml
    Thanks ak416, thought i'd give it go and bought it yesterday. Only opend up about half of the manual so far. I'm in the middle of a move..

On a side note, can anyone ID this airport at 4:03 in the video?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEW ATC COMING and MORE MSFS NEWS! - YouTube - Google Chrome 6_29_2023 5_24_13 PM.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    On a side note, can anyone ID this airport at 4:03 in the video?
    It sort of looks to me like Tromso, Norway, to me. I don't know for sure, though. Just looked, close, but not it.

Close, but the terrain is a little different and there's no bridge.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Close, but the terrain is a little different and there's no bridge.
    It is Corfu, LGKR RW34

That's the one - thanks!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks ak416, thought i'd give it go and bought it yesterday. Only opend up about half of the manual so far. I'm in the middle of a move..

Javis, have you had time to test the Fly-By program and form an opinion or recommendation?
    Holding off on purchase till I see a positive recommendation by someone.
    Sorry to disturb you from your move. They are stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Javis, have you had time to test the Fly-By program and form an opinion or recommendation?
    Holding off on purchase till I see a positive recommendation by someone.
    Sorry to disturb you from your move. They are stressful.
    You can say THAT again, Jim ! ( all the more because i am *forced* to move because my neighbourhood is going to be demolished next year to be replaced by new construction. Not as bad as it sounds, because of that i may choose where my new home is going to be and the housing corporation will pay for everything regarding the move and more... ;-)

About FlightControlReplay, well, slowly but steadily i seem to have to come to the conclusion of belonging to an endangered species of flightsimming enthusiasts. Namely the species that love fly-by views... I watched about 6 or 7 (lost count) MSFS FlightControlReplay tutorials and reviews and in any of them the words 'fly-by' are either forgotten or forbidden let alone any visual display of the one and only feature of FlightControlReplay i actually put my money on the counter for.

If you search for 'fly-by' (or flyby or whatever) in the extensive FCR manual it turns up nothing, nada, zero ( Ok, yes, one word : flybywire...hehe )

So, i can only wonder what about this then ??... :

Have i been too eager and has it not even been implemented yet ? I would really hope so because as it is now, without the promised fly-by view, i can only feel having been made happy with a dead sparrow (another famous dutch proverb;-)

Well, not really a dead sparrow as such, the Replay option is quite wonderful as far as i have tested it. Works flawlessy and has a pandora's box of camera options ( just NOT what i was hoping to find..) including a ghost plane (or more than one..) that flies along with you or replay your flight as AI with which you then can fly along as well.

Despite the, for me, big dissapointment of the sofar non existent 'Fly-By View' i'll have a lot of fun playing around with the Replay tool.

So close and, seemingly, yet so far away.... Just my luck

P.S. i don't know but i do have the feeling now that the Fly-By view is indeed not part of the latest version of FCR. It must've been the word 'soon' that eluded me. I do hope i do not have to pay for the new, fly-by included version again... If your main interest in FCR concerns the Fly-By view camera as well i'd wait a while, Jim.

Hopefully playback will be now in real time. Sooner versions always had a too quick playback of the saved flights....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Charter Member 2011
    P.S. i don't know but i do have the feeling now that the Fly-By view is indeed not part of the latest version of FCR. It must've been the word 'soon' that eluded me. I do hope i do not have to pay for the new, fly-by included version again... If your main interest in FCR concerns the Fly-By view camera as well i'd wait a while, Jim.
    I just fought the Sim Market registration process into submission, and bought this.
    Next weekend I'll have a look at it.
    I did notice that there is a discount for owners of previous versions.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Thanks, Javis, for your comments and recommendation. Will wait as suggested. Hopefullly the fly-by feature is forthcoming and that you won't have to pay more for the feature.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Hopefully playback will be now in real time. Sooner versions always had a too quick playback of the saved flights....
    I can't remember earlier versions, Manfred, but with the latest (the one i just bought) you can just hit the record button during a flight (or at the very beginning), record it as long as you like and then click the Stop button. Then you can play your recorded flight back instantly (you have to select it from your recorded flight folder) while your current flight is 'paused'. When you stop the Playback your current flight will continue from where you stopped it to view the Playback. Very easy and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    I just fought the Sim Market registration process into submission, and bought this.
    Next weekend I'll have a look at it.
    I did notice that there is a discount for owners of previous versions.
    Yes, saw that too so i think i'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Thanks, Javis, for your comments and recommendation. Will wait as suggested. Hopefullly the fly-by feature is forthcoming and that you won't have to pay more for the feature. Jim
    You're welcome, Jim.

It may well be that the fact that sofar MSAsobo did not manage to implement a Fly-By view in MSFS and that it is not even a feature of the latest version of FCR but is announced seperately under the " Soon.." designator could point to a troublesome integration of this,IMHO, most spectacular camera view mode. If it would've been relatively easy to implement it would not have taken the complete course of MSFS and beyond, would it... I will breath a sigh of relief once i have a copy of FCR here that shows a button right up front of the menu that reads : Fly-By ..

I can't remember earlier versions, Manfred, but with the latest (the one i just bought) you can just hit the record button during a flight (or at the very beginning), record it as long as you like and then click the Stop button. Then you can play your recorded flight back instantly (you have to select it from your recorded flight folder) while your current flight is 'paused'. When you stop the Playback your current flight will continue from where you stopped it to view the Playback. Very easy and comfortable. Yes, saw that too so i think i'm good. You're welcome, Jim.It may well be that the fact that sofar MSAsobo did not manage to implement a Fly-By view in MSFS and that it is not even a feature of the latest version of FCR but is announced seperately under the " Soon.." designator could point to a troublesome integration of this,IMHO, most spectacular camera view mode. If it would've been relatively easy to implement it would not have taken the complete course of MSFS and beyond, would it... I will breath a sigh of relief once i have a copy of FCR here that shows a button right up front of the menu that reads : Fly-By ..
    So let me understand this. There is NO fly-by in this payware? The title of this thread then is misleading. So this is just a fancy recorder.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    So let me understand this. There is NO fly-by in this payware? The title of this thread then is misleading. So this is just a fancy recorder.
    You're dead right, dvj !

You have to understand though that this wretched 'Fly-By View' is a true monkey on my back, a ball and chain i have to carry over from one flightsim proggy to another. A Flightsim without Fly-By view usually means minimum game time and then trash can. Only because MSFS is MSFS i put up with it even without Fly-By view.

I can't tell you how much fun and joy i happend to get out of Active Camera in FS9. Active Camera happend to be "the Mother of all camera add-on's" with the best ever Fly-By view mode incorporated. You wouldn't want to know how much groveling and kowtowing i went thru to get the (Belgian) AC dev AntiCyclone to introduce their fabulous AC add-on to FSX. No chance, they were very firm about that. Of course we did have sort of a fine camera view option already in FSX.

Not a moderator in this forum so no chance to change the title. Could be "Fly-By View Finally NOT here !" or "Fly-By View finally in the works !" or the lamest "Fly-By View soon, finally.. "

So, yet, still no Fly-By View here in MSFS. I can feel my monkey getting more upset each day and my ball and chain getting heavier and rattling louder each day.

Anyway, to maybe fill the gap between now and, if ever possible, is it really true, are you kidding me, you liar you, finally final button with 'Fly-By View' on it, here's a nice tut how to set up a Fly-By view using the silly MSFS 'Drone camera'. Notice how this tut takes 15 minutes to show you a fly-by view. It certainly works but it's totally pathetic nontheless and takes all the fun out of what a Fly-By View should be like. https://youtu.be/l3pTEcX9t74

I would say in all sims prior to the latest MSFS, 90% of my flying was done from the "Tower View". I absolutely miss the Tower view, which in essence was a type of fly-by view I suppose!!!!
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    I would say in all sims prior to the latest MSFS, 90% of my flying was done from the "Tower View". I absolutely miss the Tower view, which in essence was a type of fly-by view I suppose!!!!
    Absolutely ! There's a nice example of it at the end of the video i posted above. I usually used it to play 'RC aircraft model flying' with the lighter/slower aircraft models in FS9 or FSX/P3D. Great fun until i bought a copy of "Real Flight", a simulation of flying Radio Controlled aircraft models (https://www.realflight.com/). Truly fantastic, particularly if you used to do that for real and you didn't have to rebuild your model for like half a year when you inadvertedly crashed it. The sound of that is meticulously recreated in "Real Flight" and used to make me cower and cringe. Hehe

There are a million models available for it for free but at one time i did loose interest. It is an extremely well done program nontheless and i have had 3 tons of fun with it.

If Fabio Merlo knows what's good for us he will implement both a regular 'Fly-By View' and a 'Tower View' as well.

Ultimately i hope one day we'll be able to easily recreate an airdisplay show with FlightControlReplay but let's see what he will come up with with a regular Fly-By view.The Replay section is pretty good already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    Omg I forgot about Tower View in old Flight Simulator! Loved that view!

Charter Member 2011
    No live flyby beyond what the drone can already do in the sim, it's true.
    But if you remember to record something, you can watch it every which way!

I believe there is an Nvidia option which allows instant replay of the last xxx seconds, also.

Absolutely ! There's a nice example of it at the end of the video i posted above. I usually used it to play 'RC aircraft model flying' with the lighter/slower aircraft models in FS9 or FSX/P3D. Great fun until i bought a copy of "Real Flight", a simulation of flying Radio Controlled aircraft models (https://www.realflight.com/). Truly fantastic, particularly if you used to do that for real and you didn't have to rebuild your model for like half a year when you inadvertedly crashed it. The sound of that is meticulously recreated in "Real Flight" and used to make me cower and cringe. Hehe

Have you ever considered how good of an RC pilot you would be if you could use your PC Joystick?!?!? I could do all kinds of aerobatics!! It is hard for me to take the joystick movements and move them to the RC sticks.
    -Witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Members who have read this thread: 1