Question for Ed and other scenery gurus

Thread: Question for Ed and other scenery gurus

SOH-CM-2023

Question for Ed and other scenery gurus

Where do you guys source the imagery you use for photoreal scenery?
    You can't take the sky from me...

Making a photoreal scenery ground, i use SbuilderX and for making scenery 3d objects textures (photoreal) i search across the web and then modify them to compatible for the 3d objects.
    Creating textures for the objects takes usually lot of time for me. I use FS Design Studio for 3d models/adding textures to the models.

Icon9 SBuilderX

SBuilderX is also what I use to create photoreal scenery. For the map tiles I use Google Earth selected from within SBuilderX. Falcon409 (Ed) taught me how to use it correctly and also how to create the different seasons and night textures as well. He has an in depth tutorial series on this.

For all the custom scenery objects I use Sketchup 2017 Make which unfortunately is no longer a free program. I am glad that I archived my installer when I did. Trimble made it payware only now with a 30 day free trial only and it's NOT cheap. GMAX and Blender are used by more talented guys (and probably gals) than I. Just couldn't manage to get the hang of it so I am glad that I have learned how to use Sketchup. I hope that helps some.

SBX for capturing the ground textures via ArcGIS_Imagery, Google_ap13 or VirtualEarth_Satellite. I do all the color corrections, various seasonal images and blur or water maps in Paint Shop Pro.

Custom buildings are done in Sketchup, compiled in MCX to bgl's and placed in the Sim with Instant Scenery3. I also use ADE_175 for all airport layouts.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just a FYI...Sketchup 2017 is still available from cnet:

https://download.cnet.com/SketchUp-M...-10257337.html

If it doesn't start automatically just restart the download.

Members who have read this thread: 1