P3d v6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P3d v6

I deleted the Nvidia setting used in the video and reverted to my previous settings and all is well.
    So I guess thanks but no thanks. I guess these changes are not for everyone.

I mentioned my blank preview screen in P3D in the comments section of that video and he replied with:

So he too has this issue. I will have to reply with the aphorism: If it ain't broke don't fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Looks like a possible delay.
    Have you actually seen something about it posted? I don't see it in the store yet of course, but if today is the release date I would not expect it first thing in the morning.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Released!

I have completed my purchase and its downloading now, 34GB, my browser says four hours to download.

Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Have you actually seen something about it posted? I don't see it in the store yet of course, but if today is the release date I would not expect it first thing in the morning.
    Only that the date of July 3rd was removed from their news article and removed from an fselite news story too.

But its now released so it doesn't matter

I am trying to decide if spending the $350 is worth it to be able to use weapons? It's disappointing that the capability is not extended to the Personal version. NC

Pete,

I would have to ask myself.....self, with all the other sims that I have bought and still use past and present, will this new sim be satisfying enough to be my main go to sim over the other
    ones that I still have installed and very rarely play. You have the MS2020 and I thought that one would of "floated your boat" enough to become the all around main sim to use.
    I am waiting for others to jump in there and experience what V6 offers and check with them later and relate how it compares to V5.4 - I see that internet connection is needed (like MSFS 2020)
    so I have mental reservations about that (for now). And what other bug-a-boos surprises/disappointments there are in V6 i.e. does it live up to expectations? Time will tell, but if I go in for
    the V6 it will be because I gave it my due diligence. When I jumped from V4.5 to 5, I didn't know at the time that there would be scenery compatibility issues. Things like that I have been
    one bitten and twice shy. I know that I will not fork over $350 for a sim. Maybe for the basic V6 if any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am trying to decide if spending the $350 is worth it to be able to use weapons? It's disappointing that the capability is not extended to the Personal version. NC

I though you needed Pro Plus to use weapons. As far as I can tell biggest practical reason to get Pro over Personal is you can use it off line and outside teh home.

https://prepar3d.com/announcement/2023/06/129069/
    Joe Cusick

And to play V6 without internet the price is a skosh ($350) much whereas in V5.4 no internet is needed.
    A big turn off for me is the internet connection for V6 basic. Besides the ability to fire weapons and no internet is required, wonder what if that extra (Pro) $291 is worth
    it for home use?
    Yet there are folks here that still sim in the older versions FS2002/FSX and seem content with that. To each their own.....

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I though you needed Pro Plus to use weapons. As far as I can tell biggest practical reason to get Pro over Personal is you can use it off line and outside teh home.

https://prepar3d.com/announcement/2023/06/129069/

I’m guessing the hacky third-party weapons that consumer-targeted military plane add-ones used in earlier versions will still work. Probably just the native P3D weapon systems need the high-end version. And I doubt those are going to be anywhere near designed with the realism depth of DCS anyway — different audience.

Downloaded and installed without any drama.
    Same aircraft selection in v6 as v5 so I'm going to see what works in v6 that worked in v5.
    Certainly runs smoothly enough out of box.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I got mine setup pretty well, was able to point v6 to use all the add-on folders for v5, including ORBX scenery, works quite seamlessly.

I know a lot of ppl are wondering if its worth it to by, but I look at as supporting the cause, 60$ every few years to keep them in business is a small contribution to the cause.
    Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    And to play V6 without internet the price is a skosh ($350) much whereas in V5.4 no internet is needed.
    A big turn off for me is the internet connection for V6 basic. Besides the ability to fire weapons and no internet is required, wonder what if that extra (Pro) $291 is worth
    it for home use?
    Yet there are folks here that still sim in the older versions FS2002/FSX and seem content with that. To each their own.....
    The Pro version will not bring any weapons.
    It's only the Pro Plus, which is waaaay more expensive.

Absolutely bog standard Lockheed 18 by Milton and friends, dropped straight into 'Airplanes'.
    Scenery is pretty dreary but I've left everything stock for now.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    it for home use?

We keep using P3Dv4.5 for our usual ops. It is compatible with everything, and not so ugly...

Any thoughts on the first/second/third update package????

An observation: aircraft such as Warbirds P51's in bare metal tend to show up 'Grey' whereas the AH Douglas DC3 shines and sparkles.
    Probably a good example of PBR and no PBR.

Bought all previous versions they were the best. What I do in this games is just flying around to see the views , love a good airplane, not caring too much about systems or weapons. Now, I´m quite happy with MSFS and quit P3D. Spent a lot of money buying every update and to improve it, Orbx add-ons for terrain. Today I got free updates with MSFS, much better scenery no need to buy anything else other than excellent aircraft like the last one Bf-109 from FlyingIron and some airport. Have no need to buy this new version, will keep 5.3 because of some of the aircraft...

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Any thoughts on the first/second/third update package????

An observation: aircraft such as Warbirds P51's in bare metal tend to show up 'Grey' whereas the AH Douglas DC3 shines and sparkles.
    Probably a good example o6f PBR and no PBR.
    In truth the old alpha channel method of putting shine on metal (or paint for that matter) just doesn't work in P3D v4.4+. The only answer for metal is PBR. This is why I've spent much of the last 5 years converting a lot of metal stuff..... ! MSFS is much better but, for me it's just a wonderful sight-seeing tool and nothing more! Give me P3D every time!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    In truth the old alpha channel method of putting shine on metal (or paint for that matter) just doesn't work in P3D v4.4+. The only answer for metal is PBR. This is why I've spent much of the last 5 years converting a lot of metal stuff..... ! MSFS is much better but, for me it's just a wonderful sight-seeing tool and nothing more! Give me P3D every time!
    Yep, looked at MSFS, but for real time weather with seasons and IFR, FSX/P3D still wins.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The Hustler looks good in V6 Dave

Just looking into the feasibility of a new/revamped cockpit

That would be brilliant!! A lovely old girl that still looks so beautiful. Bit like the wife.....!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

The Hustler looks good in V6 Dave

Just looking into the feasibility of a new/revamped cockpit
    I am expecting that from long time

Gérard

That would be brilliant!! A lovely old girl that still looks so beautiful. Bit like the wife.....!!

DaveQ
    I learned a few things about cockpits while doing the SR-71, so I'm hoping I can apply some of the same ideas with the B-58 to make the cockpit a bit more realistic in terms of texturing.

If anyone has any high resolution colour photographs of the pilots cockpit panels, I'd appreciate it

Looking forward to it. She is so beautiful on the outside.
    (I was going to "correct" your spelling of "colour" below as the browser suggested, but then I remembered who was talking.)

Might be of some use: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...IRIBIP&first=1

I learned a few things about cockpits while doing the SR-71, so I'm hoping I can apply some of the same ideas with the B-58 to make the cockpit a bit more realistic in terms of texturing.

If anyone has any high resolution colour photographs of the pilots cockpit panels, I'd appreciate it

Members who have read this thread: 9