WSSimulation 4 Pack Freeware

Thread: WSSimulation 4 Pack Freeware

WSSimulation 4 Pack Freeware

WSSimulations have released a package of4 GA Aircraft as freeware on Flightsim.com.A lovely gift, and a great addition! Many thanks to WSSimulations. https://www.flightsim.com/files/file...tion-pack-fsx\ .Regards, Stuart.

Does anyone know of a freeware programme to convert this file (285 MB) rar. My limit is 100MB.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Does anyone know of a freeware programme to convert this file (285 MB) rar. My limit is 100MB.Regards Paul Day.
    Hello Paul,The freeware version of WinRar did it for me.Link: https://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Does anyone know of a freeware programme to convert this file (285 MB) rar. My limit is 100MB.

Regards Paul Day.
    I use 7-Zip these days, deals with anything I throw at it.
    Andy

Many Thanks

Many thanks to WS Simulations and also to stuartcox for the h/u

Diamond DA 20

Looks like the USAF insignia is backwards on the Diamonds port side. How can that or can that be reversed?

Maybe yes maybe no depends

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looks like the USAF insignia is backwards on the Diamonds port side. How can that or can that be reversed?

It depends on the texture folder. Microsoft FSX uses only one sided textures and if you put a logo on the aircraft it ends up like this. I'll take a look at the texture sheet and get back here.

Yes Grayeagle You Are Correct

I installed the Eclipse and opened up the USAF texture file which is "texture 2". Yes it is incorrect and I have corrected it. Whenever you deal with someone's elses property you should alwys find their legal information and in this case I found it in the pdf pilot's manual at the end. They will not let me share the fix without their written permission so I am going to inform them of the error. If they allow me to publish my fix here, then I will otherwise you either need to: A. Fix it yourself for your own use. B. Wait for me to get an answer from WS Simulations or C. Wait for them to publish a correction. D. Fly It like it is.

SOH-CM-2023

Textures problem (solved)

Hi,

after install in FSX, only the standard orange livery was shown in all variants.
    Just in case anybody else has the same problem: I put all common textures in a separate directory and changed the texture.cfg
    Now is all fine

SOH-CM-2023
    Sorry, my previous post referrred to the eclipse

Are there any repaints for the WSS planes known?

Quote Originally Posted by nschley View Post
    Hi,

after install in FSX, only the standard orange livery was shown in all variants.
    Just in case anybody else has the same problem: I put all common textures in a separate directory and changed the texture.cfg
    Now is all fine
    I only installed the Diamond DA20; are you seeing only the orange livery in the DA20?

SOH-CM-2023
    After install, whatever variant I chose (orange, academy, bordeaux, ...) only the orange textures where shown.
    So I tweaked the plane as discribed in my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by nschley View Post
    After install, whatever variant I chose (orange, academy, bordeaux, ...) only the orange textures where shown.
    So I tweaked the plane as discribed in my post above.
    I didn't have that issue with P3DV5.4

Still Waiting

I am still waiting to hear back from WS Simulations for permission to share the corrected Eclipse Texture 2 (U.S. Air Force). I also created a USAF pilot for it with the CWU-27 Flightsuit, complete with correct patches instead of the civilian pilot. I sure hope that I can share this with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I am still waiting to hear back from WS Simulations for permission to share the corrected Eclipse Texture 2 (U.S. Air Force). I also created a USAF pilot for it with the CWU-27 Flightsuit, complete with correct patches instead of the civilian pilot. I sure hope that I can share this with all of you.
    There are a couple updates on their website. Strangely they are still selling these titles as are a couple other retail sites.
    Makes you wonder if these were ever supposed to be uploaded in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    There are a couple updates on their website. Strangely they are still selling these titles as are a couple other retail sites.
    Makes you wonder if these were ever supposed to be uploaded in the first place?
    One of those sites is still retailing the Virtavia titles recently released as freeware, not to mention (whoops, I have) still listing Abacus titles including FSDS v3.5. Maybe it is just a matter of poor communication?
    Andy

SOH-CM-2023
    If these are former payware. I can kinda see why they were released as freeware. The models are made accurately in appearance. But are lacking some things I was putting on my models back in the FS 2002 days. Things like steerable nosewheels (both Pipers) when looking at them in MCX.

I've only flown the Seminole and the sound file was wonky (cutting out) but the dynamics weren't bad and the VC looked decent. Just on those I put them all back into rear of the hangar.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Like With Tailwheels

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    If these are former payware. I can kinda see why they were released as freeware. The models are made accurately in appearance. But are lacking some things I was putting on my models back in the FS 2002 days. Things like steerable nosewheels (both Pipers) when looking at them in MCX.

I've only flown the Seminole and the sound file was wonky (cutting out) but the dynamics weren't bad and the VC looked decent. Just on those I put them all back into rear of the hangar.
    Is it possible in the contact points in the aircraft.cfg to make the nosewheels steerable like it is with tailwheels or does that take more work than that? I have much newer payware Seminole and Meridian models so those were not added to my hanger but I liked the Eclipse and will probably fly that from time to time. Interestingly as I was updating the pilot as I said above (it may only be for myself sadly if WS doesn't respond to my emails) the four classes of cadets at the U.S. Air Force Academy comprise forty squadrons in a Wing to teach them organization and leadership each with its own squadron patch which I chose one of and added it to the CWU-27 flight suit I modified the pilot with as well as the academy patch, a nametag and "mil-spec American Optical sunglasses. I'm not trying to tease...I hope that WS will let me share these updates with you for the Eclipse.

SOH-CM-2023
    The Seminole and Meridian have no tagged steering in in MCX If it's animated in the model, MCX will show it. They are not tagged in the model.
    You can't take the sky from me...

An Important Post

Manlio who IS WS Simulation just reached out to me in a Private Message here because though he just joined us here, he has not been able to post in the Forum he said.

First: HE did not release the 4 pack of "freebies" at Flightsim.com It was done without his knowledge or approval and he is not aware of who did it. He has reached out to Flightsim.com to remove it but has as yet had no response from them.

He is a "one man" operation though payware, it is a labor of love with him and he does the best he can with every release. We all know that none of us is perfect and that errors will happen and when made aware we fix them. He got my emails but for some reason his provider and my gmail "didn't want to play nice together" so I did not get his replies though he sent them. I made him aware of the nosewheel steering on the Seminole and the Meridan and he said when he gets a chance he will fix them and release updates for them and also for the DA-20 Academy texture though I have permission to share my "FIX" in the meantime with anyone who wants to PM me for that texture update ONLY.

I am glad that he sent the PM to me through here. He seems a sincere and upright person trying to do his best to help further our flight simulation community and I give him "MY VOTE".

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    He has reached out to Flightsim.com to remove it but has as yet had no response from them.
    The package has been removed from Flightsim. It has also been removed from my PC.
    Andy

The package has been removed from Flightsim. It has also been removed from my PC.

Andy
    Mine as well!!!!!!!

TSquare

Me Also

I know that Manlio can see this thread now as a member so I know that he appreciates all of us removing the package as a gesture of good faith in him. We need to support all the "good guys" in the flight sim community. We all are aware of those designers who were hurt and insulted and took every one of their contributions off the web. We don't need to have that happen anymore.

Is this the site for the corrected DA-20? Or does it still have the same "issues"?

https://wssimulation.com/home/30-dia...e-v30-fsx.html

How can I tell if it is up to date, i.e. the USAF academy had the backwards logo on the pilots side. Will Richard provide the fix and or WS Simulation eventually make the fix.

There is a DA-40 from Alabeo for about the same $$$$. Just putting that out there.

EDIT: From the reviews for the Alabeo is has steam gauges if that matters.

The Answer Is

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Is this the site for the corrected DA-20? Or does it still have the same "issues"?

https://wssimulation.com/home/30-dia...e-v30-fsx.html

How can I tell if it is up to date, i.e. the USAF academy had the backwards logo on the pilots side. Will Richard provide the fix and or WS Simulation eventually make the fix.

There is a DA-40 from Alabeo for about the same $$$$. Just putting that out there.

EDIT: From the reviews for the Alabeo is has steam gauges if that matters.
    If you purchase the DA-20 from the WS Simulations Website, even if it has not yet been updated, I have his permission to share the Academy Texture (Texture 2) with purchasers of legitimate copies until it IS updated. It didn't see this post until today sorry for the late response.

Members who have read this thread: 2