Screenshots - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

And people were told not to flush before leaving the catapault...really!

Many thanks for the updated model UT, you know I love a good floater........

Cheers

Shessi

Some more shots of a catapult launch, short circuit & land
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC_SOC_catapult_TO_pic6.jpg   PC_SOC_catapult_TO_pic3.jpg   PC_SOC_catapult_TO_pic1.jpg  

A few shots of my latest projects.

MkIIa
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MkIIa.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	413.7 KB 
ID:	91460

MkIIB

Name:	MkIIb.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	91461

MkVb

Name:	MkVb.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	91462

MkVc

Name:	MkVc.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	91463

Cheers
    Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    A few shots of my latest projects.

MkIIa

Name:	MkIIa.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	413.7 KB 
ID:	91460

MkIIB

Name:	MkIIb.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	91461

MkVb

Name:	MkVb.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	91462

MkVc

Name:	MkVc.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	91463

Cheers
    Aussie
    One of Al's install has an old Spit MkVb from years ago.I think he tested it.

Hiede

Nice collection of Spits there Aussie.

What I'd really like to see are some multi-LOD Seafires ...

I've been messing around with the FDG B-17E

I think I've fixed the problems with the AI nosing over at takeoff (especially carrying any payload), & she no longer breaks the tailwheel during the players takeoff roll.

I kept coming across references to 300 & 600lb bombs (not 250 & 500lb), found some details of pre-war mk1(modified) bombs, so made some...

Also decided to try & make an SCR-521 radar aerial installation too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FDG2_B17E_431BS_JUN43a.jpg   FDG2_B17E_42BS_NOV42b.jpg   FDG2_B17E_42BS_NOV42h.jpg   FDG2_B17E_42BS_NOV42k.jpg  

I also keep tinkering with Capt Kurt's F6F3 Hellcat

The Royal Navy's mkI's seem to have just used the starboard bomb pylon (at least in the ETO), so

I needed a sky colour droptank & single bomb pylon. Also, reading David Hobb's book about the Home Fleet operations it becomes apparent that by late '43 the Fleet Air Arm had moved over to using MC (Medium Capacity) series bombs. These are more like the DBolt US bombs in shape, so they needed making too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CK_F6F3_800FAA_Ritchie_MAY44e.jpg   CK_F6F3_800FAA_Ritchie_MAY44g.jpg   CK_F6F3_804FAA_Orr_MAY44h.jpg  

And I haven't forgotten about Wolfi's TBF.

Observer, & domed windows, & some work on ordnance loadouts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WF_TBF1C_846FAA_OCT44d.jpg   WF_TBF1C_846FAA_OCT44e.jpg   WF_TBF1C_846FAA_OCT44i.jpg   WF_TBF1C_846FAA_OCT44m.jpg  

Oh, and the coast in the F6F & TBF screengrabs is the northern coast of Papua, moving eastwards towards Saidor, & then onto Madang

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    I am experimenting right now. I had previously tested the never released VN Ships ( VN arizona oklahoma, california etc ). Unfortunately you can see the age of the models, I think the PHP BB variants are newer.the next test would be to replace the heavy cruiser models with more current. Also, the old Vn ships sink after 2 torpedo hits. I think but, I would then have to rename copies of the folders e.g. CFS 2 New orleans class rename in San franciso New, then in the 2nd another skin of the ship, because I think there were optical differences in optics
    Elsner,

The ships Talon used for the Pearl Harbor missions were the original ships and he modified them so they wouldn't sink and had no guns.

The VN ships were the newer ships.Talon also had the 6 Japanese carriers that attacked Pearl made by VN,they were never released.

Hiede

Something different ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AW_LaGG3_156IAP_JUL43c.jpg  

Some shots of the Saidor section of the North PNG coast, plus the landing strip at Wantoat (alt. 4080ft!), & Kalapit (before it was developed by US Army engineers).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Saidor_erly - approaching from the West.jpg   PNG_Kaiapit-LG.jpg   PNG_Wantoat-getting_out.jpg   PNG_Wantoat-LG.jpg   PNG_Saidor_erly-looking back from Saidor Mission.jpg  

The North coast up to Saidor is done. Here's some shots of the Saidor strip circa early '44, & the cub strip just to the west at Biliau.

Onto Madang...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Saidor44E_pic4.jpg   PNG_Biliau-cub_looking_E_twds_Saidor.jpg   PNG_Saidor44E_pic2.jpg  

This B-17E had an interesting back story, thought I'd have a stab at getting it into CFS 2 ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FDG2_B17E_64BS_FEB43c.jpg  

This B-17E had an interesting back story, thought I'd try to get it into CFS2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FDG2_B17E_64BS_FEB43c.jpg  

Great screenshots everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    This B-17E had an interesting back story...
    I had heard that B-17's in the PTO were terrible at hitting ships, moving or not. This one seemed to have solved that riddle - great bombardiers (of course we don't know how many they actually targeted during their entire tour).

Apparently she was crewed by some hotshot gunners as well (18 kills!). I imagine that defending against Zero's and Oscars at gun range must have been like swatting gnats!

I could definitely see this one in the "Hangar"!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Sneak peek ... Captain Kurt's been busy again ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CK_FM1_VC33_SEP43d.jpg  

Oh, & us Brits don't get left out either ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CK_FM1_846FAA_JUN44c.jpg  

A change of pace ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AD_L4_4RAAF_DEC43b.jpg  

I took some time away from hand-flying rivers linked to G2K to try to create the short-lived runway complex at Gusap...

I've finished the coastlines all the way round to Awar Point, but there's lots of rivers to map, plus create land & waterclass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Gusap_complex_WIPa.jpg  
    Last edited by UncleTgt; September 11th, 2023 at 12:12. Reason: Clarity

Decided the landclass really needed doing, the Ramu Valley floor was grassland, not dark green jungle...

Created some subdued grassland textures to use with EZ-Landclass, I'm quite pleased with the initial look so far ...

The Gusap field layout isn't very well documented, as it was not active for very long, the war in PNG moved away pretty quickly.

Mainly grass & gravel runways, spartan facilities & not much tree cover. Difficult not to look too empty & indefensible against air attack.

From the few photos available it looked like the hardstands used some "shallow" c-shaped revetments, so knocked these up in G-Max...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inf_revet_c_lge_UT.jpg   inf_revet_C_sml_UT.jpg   PNG_Gusap_complex_Westside.jpg   PNG_Gusap_complex_ctr.jpg   PNG_Gusap_complex_Eastside.jpg  

Oh my gosh, those are so gorgeous!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Decided the landclass really needed doing, the Ramu Valley floor was grassland, not dark green jungle...

Created some subdued grassland textures to use with EZ-Landclass,...

UncleTgt, your landclass scenery looks great and is a vast difference from the stock offering. I have a question. Which version of EZ-Landclass did you use? I see the latest is 3.01, then 3.0 and finally 2.00 which I have. Thank you sir~

Library Staff
    The kunai grass looks great John. I didn't realise Gusap was so extensive. Thanks again for transforming New Guinea and the Solomons.

Members who have read this thread: 113