Screenshots - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Screenshots

Well done indeed, John!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Well done John! How far are you going? It's only another 665 miles to Sorong.
    Kev, this will probably be as far west as I go, it's a natural endpoint for anyone wanting to recreate 5th AF's campaign in PNG, & its another long stretch West to get to Wakde...

The most interesting parts of the Air War in PNG can all be recreated once I release this, assuming someone wants to that is , and a large part of the RAAF's contribution can be modelled using the same sceneries. Missions after the JAP AF's annihilation at Hollandia can get pretty repetitive a series of mud moving trips or barge busting missions, with very little air opposition....

Anyway, back Eastwards the Admiralty Islands chain looks like a good candidate to rework next. This would complete the isolation of Rabaul ...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    assuming someone wants to
    Someone definitely does! Work is in progress.

Thanks for all these beautiful sceneries, John!

Library Staff
    I agree John. MaskRider covered Dutch New Guinea pretty well in any case.

Manus and the other Admiralty Islands are a good choice. With Hollandia out of the way, I think that will leave Palau as the only location where CFS2 stock scenery still survives.

Thanks Skylane - that's welcome news. I have been intermittently modifying existing missions out of Port Moresby to suit John's Moresby airfields. However, I haven't made a start on the targets, such as Lae or Buna.

Keep up the great work both of you!

My son has been working on a mission when Enterprise was sent to Hollandia to give air cover for Mac Arthur.

Hiede

Just finishing the gsl work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Hollandia_strips.jpg  

Comparison with OOB CFS2...

Note how Rhumbas mesh improves things.

Why MS thought Hollandia strip was close to the town's location is anyone's guess...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_HumboldtBay_overhead.jpg   OOB_CFS2_HumboldtBay_overhead.jpg   PNG_HumboldtBay_overhead_wide.jpg  

Tami strip was East of Humboldt Bay. Never used by the Japanese, the US finished it & used for resupply missions to get round the logjam at the beach-heads.

They unloaded at the mouth of the Tami river (off to the left of the pic), trucked them to Tami Strip & loaded them onto a shuttle of C-47's flying into the first runway the Engineer's got working at the Hollandia strip complex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Tami_pic1.jpg  

A couple more - Hollandia town & closer look at the Humboldt Bay area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_HollandiaTown_pic1.jpg   PNG_HumboldtBay_pic5.jpg  

Looks amazing UncleTgt; thank you for all your beautiful work.

msfossey

Icon14

Excellent!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Anyone making missions for Hollandia will need some aircraft wrecks ...

I followed Allen's lead & plundered the stock Oscar model as the basis for an IJAAF fighter wreck. mLOD & 3 different damage/wreck models for some variety.

Still very much a WIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parked+wrecked_Oscar_objects_pic2.jpg   Parked+wrecked_Oscar_objects_pic3.jpg   Parked+wrecked_Oscar_objects_pic1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    This is Allen's 109. Couldn't find any textures for it and I'm not a painter. Slapped a few decals. made the exhaust texture look better to me anyway. This is a Heinz 57 Unit meaning it looks good but nobody flew this thing.

https://ibb.co/YN4FYGW

A few pictures of UncleTgt´s Ki-43 wrecks. Here´s a row of parked planes at Wewak:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t03.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	94072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t02.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	94073

And here, the same planes turned into wrecks after dropping some parafrags on them:

Name:	t05.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	94074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t04.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	94075

Skylane: nice B-25! Where did you find her?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Skylane: nice B-25! Where did you find her?

That looks to be one of Tango’s B-25s. It should be available over at Simviation.

Yes, it is one of Tango Romeo´s B-25s, available on Simviation. Filename aftr_hbandhnm, the package contains two very nice planes.

Name:	m1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	94093
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m1.jpg  

Got em! Thanks.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Still messing with wreck models...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JapMaru1_beached_UTb.jpg  

That looks exciting! Secretly I have always wished there were more shipwrecks for use im my missions!

Members who have read this thread: 113