Screenshots - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by p14u2nv View Post
    UncleTgt, your landclass scenery looks great and is a vast difference from the stock offering. I have a question. Which version of EZ-Landclass did you use? I see the latest is 3.01, then 3.0 and finally 2.00 which I have. Thank you sir~
    I use EZ-Landclass2 to create the land & waterclass. I don't recall getting EZLC to work...

Here's Dirk's readme saved as a pdf, useful as a tutorial document, together with a list of the landclass numbers used. The left-hand column is the nnnh2sun texture I found that displayed (if you're working in the SWPTO area) when I experimented with this useful tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs2_Tropical_landclass b series bmp allocation.pdf   ezlandclass readme.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    The kunai grass looks great John. I didn't realise Gusap was so extensive. Thanks again for transforming New Guinea and the Solomons.
    Yes, Kevin, Gusap seems a bit of a mystery. It's quoted as having 8 different runways, although being grass landing fields most of them seem pretty short for WW2 ops. The 1944 map identifies the general runway locations, but little else. It does denote a single runway each for fighters, bombers, & transports, so I've chosen to represent those as PSP runways & kept the others as grass/gravel Cub or Emergency strips.

The different runway orientations suggest that wind directions varied quite a lot in the Ramu valley floor...

A great resource for terrain details can be found at Monash University, they had all the Australian WW2 Terrain Studies available for download... Availability seems a bit hit & miss though...

Still plodding on with PNG scenery expansions using G2K & EZ-Landclass, with FSSC for the airstrips...

This is Dumpu, a pre-war strip further West down the Ramu Valley from Gusap, & used as an Emergency strip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Dumpu-ELS.jpg  

I've recently been enjoying your Huon Gulf Scenery. Can't say enough regarding the prewar version. These primitive grass strips are fantastic. It's a hoot trying to get in and out of them. Can't wait till your Gusap complex is ready. Many Thanks UT.

Hi UncleTgt
    The grass airstrips are so well blended.
    Great work
    Cheers
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    I've recently been enjoying your Huon Gulf Scenery. Can't say enough regarding the prewar version. These primitive grass strips are fantastic. It's a hoot trying to get in and out of them. Can't wait till your Gusap complex is ready. Many Thanks UT.
    Glad someone is enjoying it.

Guinea Gold Airways certainly was an interesting outfit. I don't even think the 1930's air transport set up by them to service the goldmine operations SW of Lae has been reproduced in FS9, so this scenery will be the only way of experiencing it...

and it's destroyable too

I've flown the Ford TriMotor and Junkers W-34 to several of the fields in this scenery, it was great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    I've flown the Ford TriMotor and Junkers W-34 to several of the fields in this scenery, it was great fun!
    I agree the Ford and W-34 are super, but for best short field in and out you can't beat the Cessna 195 revision by UncleTgt. It has great slow approach control as well as plenty of power to get back out. The cargo and passengers are great additions. I have found that my cargo drops appear to explode just like bombs. Not so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    I use EZ-Landclass2 to create the land & waterclass. I don't recall getting EZLC to work...

Here's Dirk's readme saved as a pdf, useful as a tutorial document, together with a list of the landclass numbers used. The left-hand column is the nnnh2sun texture I found that displayed (if you're working in the SWPTO area) when I experimented with this useful tool.
    UncleTgt thank you very much for sharing that tutorial, quite an education for me! I am only a beginner at best... but I am learning.

Some times RL gets in the way, hence my late response. Thank you again sir~

Aleution Islands

Here's a couple of pics of P-38'at the Aleution Islands/Scenery by Uncle Tgt.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aleutions 001.jpg   Aleutions.jpg  

Another one.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aleutians Scratch 1 Mavis 001.jpg  

Nice shots!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Back from vacation, suitably refreshed/jetlagged (delete as appropriate).
    Back at the coalface in PNG, I'm finally getting to the Madang area...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Madang_SP_takeoff_hdg_East.jpg   PNG_Madang_approaching_from_SSE.jpg   PNG_Madang_town+airstrip.jpg  

Oh yes! I like very much.

Looks great, as always! 🙂

Nice work UT, nice work!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Working my way northwards from Madang. Next up are the 2 airstrips at Alexishafen, Danip (pre-war), & 1943's Alexishafen II.I decided the Cathedral object needed making with GMax. This landmark was destroyed by Allied bombers in early 1944 after the Japs began using it to store munitions. It was never rebuilt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Alexishafen_cathedral.jpg   PNG_Alexishafen from the East.jpg   Alexishafen_Cathedral_UT2.jpg   PNG_Alexishafen-Danip + Alex2.jpg  

Library Staff
    Fabulous!

Great screenies.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

A look around Hansa Bay ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_HansaBay - passing Manam Island.jpg   PNG_HansaBay - looking West from Old Nubia strip.jpg   PNG_HansaBay - CondorPt+Awar_airbase.jpg   PNG_HansaBay - looking NW from Old Nubia strip.jpg  

Plus some plantation landing grounds dotted about the area ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Hatzfeldt_looking E.jpg   PNG_Josephstaal-LG.jpg   PNG_Bena-Bena_LG.jpg   PNG_Garoka-LG.jpg  

Looks great! Really looking forward to this!

Very nice UT.

Love the detail of the odd shoreline huts and palms. The shoreline and surf looks pretty realistic..good stuff!

Cheers

Shessi

Really great! These rough grass strips are a real challenge. Can't wait.

By late summer of '43, the landing strip at Garoka had been developed a bit ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PNG_Garoka43.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 113