Xbox Games Showcase today @ 10 AM PDT, 1 PM EDT and 7 PM CES
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Games Showcase today @ 10 AM PDT, 1 PM EDT and 7 PM CES

Xbox Games Showcase today @ 10 AM PDT, 1 PM EDT and 7 PM CES

Anyone else tuning in? There is sure to be updates to the sim from Asobo/Microsoft. This is where the 40th anniversary content got announced last year. https://youtu.be/qGtYn7DCIYo

I've been noticing in the last few development updates that there is suppose to be another "surprise" announcement in early July.

There is another, so-far unannounced, "Famous Flyer" slated for release next week.

My jaw certainly has hit the floor! This expansion follows in the path of the missions we had in FSX, but this looks way better and way more advanced. Fire fighting, search and rescue, cargo runs, life line flights, crop spraying, skydiving, aerial crane work/construction, Red Bull style air racing, storm chasing, hot air ballooning, and more.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Looks like some upscale stuff, but now my , how abought some Martha White "flour=bombing" with the old trike or landing the yellow cubby on top of the moving school bus.
    Just caught me at a bad time I guess ..... moderator, please delete if I've gone too far.

Here are some favorite screengrabs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xp-SnZDoY

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 11th, 2023 at 11:14.

Can 'normal people' get a glimpse of this too ?

I mean, i clicked the link above and was presented with a ton of 13 year old boys game crap i have no interest in whatsoever (all bloody the same, isn't it. Even an awesome looking new space game or some kind of new steam punk game that looks fabulous, didn't take long for the superduper shooter to turn up. Obviously these game developers have all run out of imagination. A sad state of affairs if you ask me). An Xbox game presentator (do these guys earn so little money that they cannot even buy good fitting pants ?) said something about MSFS 2024 for a second but that was all...

Where exactly can i see for myself what you are talking about, John ?..

Edit: please disregard, i did not see your follow up post, yet... Thanks ! ;-)

Charter Member 2011
    the official xbox twitter is saying its a brand new game, not an expansion pack/paid DLC ...
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2oGx8yD]
    Now that's more like it !

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    the official xbox twitter is saying its a brand new game, not an expansion pack/paid DLC ...
    Yes,

Same skies, all new Flight Simulator. New missions and an all new way to play.
    Play the brand new sequel, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, coming next year

Just some hollow statement to get Xbox gamers exited. Having to buy MSFS all over again would be ridiculous... Everything will turn up in Marketplace just as usual, don't you think ?

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Love the A400M with the snowmobiles!. Needs some dogsleds and Daks and Arctic, less Antarctic imo.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Yes,Same skies, all new Flight Simulator. New missions and an all new way to play. Play the brand new sequel, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, coming next yearJust some hollow statement to get Xbox gamers exited. Having to buy MSFS all over again would be ridiculous... Everything will turn up in Marketplace just as usual, don't you think ?
    Looks like a new game to me with much improved vegitation, fauna, and landscape textures. I see a lot of current payware aircraft and some new ones in the promo. This could be a developer nightmare if it requires a rewrite of freeware and payware. Kinda like going from FS9 to FSX? It also tells me that for the general gamer, fllying point A to point B is too boring. You need to add adventure and competition to keep the xbox folks interested. Is there an official statement from MS somewhere?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

This was just posted by Microsoft: https://www.flightsimulator.com/micr...sNdaUvA-qimxes

"Pursue your dream of an aviation career with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. This brand-new simulator is designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming to create the most sophisticated, immersive and awe-inspiring flight simulator of all time. To achieve this unprecedented level of accuracy, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is powered by the significantly evolved Asobo Studio engine. Available day one on Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Windows 10/11, and Steam. Coming 2024. We look forward to sharing more information about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 in the future."

Of course in the past, Mircrosoft released a new flight sim as often as every two years (FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004). It however does make for a slightly different interpretation than what perhaps most people, like myself, were thinking when they were saying over the past few years that they were committing to at least a 10 year (or more) development period for Flight Simulator.

Asobo/Microsoft are certainly going to have to go on record very soon to clarify level of compatibility with existing addons for MSFS2020 going forward into MSFS2024, especially for the sake of the sustainability, between now and then, of payware companies. Of course I don't believe there is going to be any real issues, but there are already a lot of people all over online right now saying that they are going to stop buying any new addons until they know for sure they're going to work next year in this sim.

FSimStudios posted this on Facebook today, with regard to the new sim announcement:

"Most developers seem to be in the dark as no information regarding pricing, compatibility, upgradeability, etc. has been released. We do, however, have reasons to believe that all existing content should be compatible with perhaps just minor updates required. If that is the case, we are committing to FREE UPGRADES on all MSFS products to the new MSFS2024, as we have done in the past with versions of P3D."

There's a thread for it over at the official forum that's had 500+ replies in the ~3 hours that it's been open. The thread wasn't started by anyone on staff there.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    This was just posted by Microsoft: https://www.flightsimulator.com/micr...sNdaUvA-qimxes"Pursue your dream of an aviation career with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. This brand-new simulator is designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming to create the most sophisticated, immersive and awe-inspiring flight simulator of all time. To achieve this unprecedented level of accuracy, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is powered by the significantly evolved Asobo Studio engine. Available day one on Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Windows 10/11, and Steam. Coming 2024. We look forward to sharing more information about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 in the future."Of course in the past, Mircrosoft released a new flight sim as often as every two years (FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004). It however does make for a slightly different interpretation than what perhaps most people, like myself, were thinking when they were saying over the past few years that they were committing to at least a 10 year (or more) development period for Flight Simulator.Asobo/Microsoft are certainly going to have to go on record very soon to clarify level of compatibility with existing addons for MSFS2020 going forward into MSFS2024, especially for the sake of the sustainability, between now and then, of payware companies. Of course I don't believe there is going to be any real issues, but there are already a lot of people all over online right now saying that they are going to stop buying any new addons until they know for sure they're going to work next year in this sim.FSimStudios posted this on Facebook today, with regard to the new sim announcement:"Most developers seem to be in the dark as no information regarding pricing, compatibility, upgradeability, etc. has been released. We do, however, have reasons to believe that all existing content should be compatible with perhaps just minor updates required. If that is the case, we are committing to FREE UPGRADES on all MSFS products to the new MSFS2024, as we have done in the past with versions of P3D."
    Every developer of payware should be concerned if folks stop buying new additions. What happens now to the long list of fixes to MSFS 2020? MS disrespects its cutomer and developer base without any statement about forward compatability of payware. BTW, none of those game play scenarios interest me. I don't want a virtural flying career rescuing dancing penguins in the Antartic.Not mentioned yet, but there will be a Dune Ornithopter released for MSFS along with a Dune experience pack when part 2 of the movie comes out. Maybe this is the surpise aircraft.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrDcpL94nM
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Every developer of payware should be concerned if folks stop buying new additions. What happens now to the long list of fixes to MSFS 2020? MS disrespects its cutomer and developer base without any statement about forward compatability of payware. BTW, none of those game play scenarios interest me. I don't want a virtural flying career rescuing dancing penguins in the Antartic.
    I couldn't agree with you more. If Micro$not does this to the community again, they can shove their franchise.

In the old days, when Win95 came out, there were all these memes about Bill Gates/Mickey$oft looking for world domination, I'm thinking that they were not wrong at all.

It's worse at work: Micro$not asking/forcing us to put everything we have in the cloud. Well no, we can't, we're a European educational organization and we don't want the U.S. to have access to the data of our students and parents or teachers. That data is private and students are minors. Micro$not though looks on data as things they can sell to the highest bidder. The US, China, Russia.

Privacy is non existent to them. Resistance is futile, we have to be assimilated... And now, they're coming after our finances...

Damn! I'm so thoroughly disgusted about this.

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; June 11th, 2023 at 13:44.
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Hopefully MSFS2020 wasn't a bait and switch for this sim. That would be a slap in the face to the community.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

No offense, but, those A-10s are the stupidest thing I've ever seen! They removed the Gun and put in a...mag-lite?? Sorry, that's just, REALLY dumb IMO. The Red Bull racing is what will draw me in. Everything else looks really good, but will likely be gimmicky in practice. At least ASOBO and MS were true to their word. They supported the original MSFS from beta to next release for "5" years.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Ok, I was wrong. I thought this was going to be and add-on (pay ware) for MSFS (2020) like the Top Gun pkg. I did not know that it was a brand-new Flight Simulation. Heck, maybe I'm still confused about it!

@ Mach3DS, I always thought that statement about another MSFS Marketplace aircraft having a flashlight in place of guns was just a bunch of B.S. I can't even remember what the product was.

... but here it is on this new MSFS 2024. I missed it when I first saw the above linked video.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3477).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	91072

https://youtu.be/nR0lOtdvqyg

Don't panic !

Nothing new under the virtual sun and certainly no *new* MSFS. The only thing new is the '4' instead of the second '0' in MSFS 2020, better looking scenery, more missions and anims and a *real* tornado on the side.

*NEW* is the magic word that has been used in commercials from the beginning of the past century, maybe even before. It's ment to trigger people's wallets to open. They first tried 'sesame open' but 'new' worked way better, also shorter. This so called "new" in 'Microsoft's new flightsimulator MS2024 !' is nothing more like the "NEW!!" we know from the countless irritating commercials for the relentless stream of ointments and creams that the 'ointments and creams maffia' want our girlfriends and wives to smear onto their skins, day and night 24/7. "NEW!!" ??... Yeah right, my tush is new !

The difference between what we were used to with FS4/FS5/FS95/FS9/FSX and what we have now as MSFS is enormous of course. This really IS the quintessential NEW flightsimulator, no doubt about it, no comparison possible, everybody knows, right ? Would MSAsobo just put that all aside and start all over from scratch to create this so called *NEW* flightsimulator ?

Of course not. They'll just build on what we have for 4 years already and create a nice collection of DLC that can warrant the *new* name MSFS2024. In my FS book that's all really. Most if not everything we have now will be compatible, the're not crazy, right ?

Maybe when i have installed this *new* MSFS version from Marketplace next year and have a look at it for the first time i might not even really notice the difference. To be honest i don't see that much difference in the promotion video neither.

Will we finally have instant Replay and 'Fly-By' view !!?? THAT'll be something *really new* !! ( not seen anything about that in the videos. I will certainly not get my hope up for that too much...)

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Looks like a new game to me with much improved vegitation, fauna, and landscape textures.
    Why would that be a *new game*, dvj ? They can easily do that with an MSFS upgrade, don't you think ?

I see a lot of current payware aircraft and some new ones in the promo.
    Indeed but that's nothing different compared to what we've seen with all the MSFS updates of the past 4 years.

This could be a developer nightmare if it requires a rewrite of freeware and payware. Kinda like going from FS9 to FSX?
    Don't think so, dvj. FS9/FSX and all the rest before is a totally different kettle of fish compared to MSFS. If anything is a NEW flightsimulator MSFS is ! For one thing, no more buying a new computer when the newest edition of FS arrived. Remember ?.... ;-)

It also tells me that for the general gamer, fllying point A to point B is too boring. You need to add adventure and competition to keep the xbox folks interested.
    Yep, that's what it's more or less all about. Nicer graphics and a cargo load of 'missions'. Nothing *new* either. What they have shoot themselves in the foot with is no guns allowed. That'll cost them an Airbus load of 13 year olds. ;-)

Is there an official statement from MS somewhere?
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...024-faq/596195

Check out the first question .... ( ....or will it also be offered as a paid update for existing players?
    ). They just dont' answer that, they keep emphasis on 'standalone'. They just should've said : Yes, of course. Of course it is 'standalone' because MSFS is 'standalone' and that is what so called MS2024 is upgraded from. They just want to see 2024 in the title so they can throw around *new*. Hehe... nothing better than the cream and ointment maffia. NEW!! HULLABALOO !!

This says it all : https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessEasy...gZARe69aHYVGHO

@ Javis

I'm not in the inside loop, who are those people on the couch (L to R) in your posted video link?

- Don

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    @ Javis

I'm not in the inside loop, who are those people on the couch (L to R) in your posted video link?

- Don
    Phil Spencer, CEO of Xbox and Matt Booty, Head of Microsoft Studios/Xbox Game Studios. The biggest of big cheeses as far as Flight Simulator goes. Phil was the one who greenlit Flight Simulator 2020.

Something tells me that they're going to dump the PC gamers...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0