Flight Replicas Fox Moth released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Fox Moth released

Flight Replicas Fox Moth released

Market place only it seems...
    Discussion thread https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ox-moth/595793
    Big concern - Cessna 152 soundset!
    Not a problem for me as I generally don't buy from the marketplace anyway...

But I REALLY hope the upcoming Spitfire isn't MP only, that would be a shame!
    Last edited by keithb77; June 9th, 2023 at 06:00.

Such a stylish and graceful aircraft. Be sure to look at the manual, for all of the cockpit clickspots/features.

Hello John,
    I second to that!
    Your screens are fantastic BTW...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

A very nice video of the real Fox Moth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2kPloPljg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thank you, Stéph, and thank you for the video link, DVJ. The Fox Moth has been of particular interest me for many years, in particular having followed the Vintage Wings of Canada/Mike Potter example (as seen in the video).

Here are a few more screenshots from this first day of exploring and test flying. I like products like these, with Mike's attention to detail, where each external and internal model is uniquely different to match the real aircraft, such as different panel layouts, wheel spats/no wheel spats, etc.

SOH-CM-2024
    I'll get it. I do like the inclusion of the period era pilot. More of these old birds need that option at least.

Cazzie

PERFECT for when you need to go "Round the Bend"!

C

John, beautiful screenshots! Wow.In 19 years of making aircraft for FSX/P3D/MSFS, there are two areas of discussion that often come up: windows and sound. The amount of subjectivity in those areas always surprises me. People are adamant! But I certainly respect those opinions. If the sound set in the Fox hadn't kept its original title, I doubt many people would have noticed the difference (and I'm very grateful to Asobo for allowing us developers to use them). As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've actually flown Tiger Moths a couple of times, my own little aircraft was parked behind one in the hangar (incidentally owned by as former RAF Halifax bomber crew member (tail gunner), the only one of his crew to survive being shot down - and a part of the inspiration to do the Halifax model for FSX/P3D), and in my years at that airfield I watched Tigers (same Gipsy Major engine as the Fox) come and go many, many times. The sounds of a straight-exit 4-cylinder are much the same everywhere (to me, at least). I actually think the Asobo 152 sound set sounds just perfect - with the exception of perhaps the low-RPM/idle putt-putt sounds, on the exterior, especially at a distance.Props, on the other hand, can make a big difference, but it really depends on the conditions. IMO.I actually had dinner at a fund-raiser next to the Fox Moth in the excellent video mentioned above, but that was before it was decided to make the model. If I'd know the incredible history behind it, being owned by British royalty, and a great history in New Zealand, would certainly have paid more attention to it!

Shame it's only made for the toy simulator!
    Looks great and fills a historic niche which I doubt the kiddies will appreciate.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Off topic, but how do you activate text formatting here? The response had paragraphs, etc., but when posted it's all crammed together (at least, on my screen...).

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Looks great and fills a historic niche which I doubt the kiddies will appreciate.
    Ah yes, curmudgeonly gatekeeping at its finest.

SOH-CM-2022
    Beautiful looking Fox Moth.

I have enjoyed flying Dave M's model of this aircraft in P3D. I promised myself I wouldn't go off and buy a bunch of aircraft for MSFS but between this and the Norseman it looks like I am going to have to eat my words.

And in year, Micro$not will have you spend all of your money again on MSFS2024...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    And in year, Micro$not will have you spend all of your money again on MSFS2024...

Priller
    This spam is getting old. Please go find a thread relevant to MSFS 2024 fearmongering instead of posting it everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    You're missing out! A patch is in the works but this aircraft is already great. Plenty of life-long simmers like me having a great time with this in the premiere flight simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    You're missing out! A patch is in the works but this aircraft is already great. Plenty of life-long simmers like me having a great time with this in the premiere flight simulator.
    Not really.
    Paid up front on Day One for the everything bundle, persisted for a long time but aside from pretty scenery it was not that wonderful.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Meanwhile, I've been greatly enjoying Mike's fine craftsmanship in my preferred sim of choice. Its quickly become a favorite.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 13th, 2023 at 10:19.

I got it and I see there is a standard, float and 'modified' versions but I can not figure out what is different between the modified and base versions.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I got it and I see there is a standard, float and 'modified' versions but I can not figure out what is different between the modified and base versions.
    According to the dev, it's a very subtle difference. Quoting him:

The difference between the standard and modified version is very small - there were two types of tailwheel used, one of which raised the tail by a couple of inches. These appear to have been used mainly on the New Zealand versions, but do appear elsewhere. As this changes the contact point height, it required a new flight_model.cfg, which in turn required a new aircraft folder. That’s it.
    The biggest difference in the Fox Moth’s is with VO-ADE and the float versions. They had a factory modification of a larger fin and rudder, which is modelled but not easy to notice.

Did anyone replace the C152 soundset. Unfortunately, I bought it from the marketplace during the holiday sales so I may have screwed myself :-(

LouP

I think it is only available through the marketplace, unfortunately...

But for those who missed them, here are the paints I did for this wonderful model:
    agm(0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-ACEJ (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ566 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

ÙVL(0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Originally Posted by Priller

Priller

"This spam is getting old. Please go find a thread relevant to MSFS 2024 fearmongering instead of posting it everywhere else."

It may be old, but that doesn't make it any less true.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Originally Posted by Priller

Priller

"This spam is getting old. Please go find a thread relevant to MSFS 2024 fearmongering instead of posting it everywhere else."

It may be old, but that doesn't make it any less true.
    Hey, it is no different than the five sequels to the original movie that was worth watching. It's like a baby, if you laugh he/she will continue to do the same thing. Make one simulator that people like and then make sequels. At least MS2024 will "hopefully" give us things missing in 2020.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Off topic, but how do you activate text formatting here? The response had paragraphs, etc., but when posted it's all crammed together (at least, on my screen...).
    Since this topic is off subject anyways, on your profile go into general settings and scroll down to Miscellaneous Options to the Message Editor Interface. You are likely on the basic editor option.

So, after tinkering around and building a file to go into the community folder to change the sounds, aliasing the sounds or trying to utilize some P3D sounds give the same results. The aircraft just won't show up as a selection in MSFS 2020. I really don't understand the concern with trying to enhance an item purchased. It's not like I am stealing or pirating anything. It's a shame because this is a nice aircraft, but the Cessna 152 sounds are ruining it. I understand the issues surrounding the wwise sounds with developers, but I would rather have lower quality sounds that are more suited for it.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 129