Flight Replicas Fox Moth released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight Replicas Fox Moth released

Nice paints Jankees but I think you misunderstood my point about the C152 sounds. I was referring to swapping out the C152 sounds used in the Foxmoth, not replacing the C152 sioundset in the sim.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Nice paints Jankees but I think you misunderstood my point about the C152 sounds. I was referring to swapping out the C152 sounds used in the Foxmoth, not replacing the C152 sioundset in the sim.

LouP
    I understood that, but the Fox Moth is only available through the marketplace, so no aircraft.cfg, so no aliasing the sound to another soundset, unless you can open the PCK file, or replace it with something else?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Is there a manual hidden away anywhere?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Is there a manual hidden away anywhere?
    It's in the aircraft folder. D:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\fr-aircraft-dh83foxmoth\SimObjects\Airplanes\DH83_Fox_Moth

LouP
    If you download the sound mod file for the Spitfire on the Flight Replicas website, and study the structure, you'll see how you can substitute almost anything for any aircraft. The file can be found here: http://www.flight-replicas.com/Downloads.htm and is called "MSFS Spitfire Mk.1a Sound Modification".

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    It's in the aircraft folder. D:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\fr-aircraft-dh83foxmoth\SimObjects\Airplanes\DH83_Fox_Moth
    Thanks. I don't have that folder, but it gave me enough to track it down in my Appdata.

I've arrived at the Fox Moth by way of the L-4 and PA-11 in FSX and MSFS, and it's definitely my sort of thing. How about a Puss Moth or Hornet Moth next?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    If you download the sound mod file for the Spitfire on the Flight Replicas website, and study the structure, you'll see how you can substitute almost anything for any aircraft. The file can be found here: http://www.flight-replicas.com/Downloads.htm and is called "MSFS Spitfire Mk.1a Sound Modification".

Thank you, Mike. I was able to figure it out (I'm kind of persistent ;-)) and substituted the sounds with Ant's tiger moth sounds.

LouP

Thank you, Mike. I was able to figure it out (I'm kind of persistent ;-)) and substituted the sounds with Ant's tiger moth sounds.

LouP
    That's what I was thinking of.

Members who have read this thread: 3