hat switch buttons replaced by hat switch

Thread: hat switch buttons replaced by hat switch

SOH-CM-2023

hat switch buttons replaced by hat switch

I know that sounds weird but here goes: I have a a win 10 machine running fs9 with no problems. today I went to fire up FS9 and I couldnt pan around with my hat switch. I figured somehow the mapping had gotten messed up, it has happened in the past. so I go in and set the first pan (up in this case) and the when it came to setting it I pushed up on the hat switch and in the field on the right it said "hat switch" with no up down ect. So I go to do pan left and get the same answer "hat switch". So now the hat switch on my T1600 joystick seems to useless. is there something Im missing? Is this change effecting other folks?

Thanks,
    Sean

This is similar to a problem I've had with my Win10 rig. I hardly ever fly because I spend pretty near all my hobby time painting planes and setting up scenery, but when I do fly I usually (always?) find that my key and button commands have become scrambled.

Our details seem to differ a bit, probably because we don't use the same stick.

My control stick is an old Microsoft Sidewinder II and my keyboard is an old Logitech unit, both of which worked normally in my old Win7pro rig.

When I hooked up the control stick I found that the associated software on the CD-ROM didn't want to load in Win10. Despite that, the stick works perfectly except that the button settings get lost between uses. I thought the inability to load the software might explain that, but it can't explain why keyboard commands also get scrambled.

Very annoying! The workaround I use is to save backup copies of the FS9.cfg file and drop in a fresh copy when I want to fly. Still annoying, but much less so that setting up all my key and button commands all over again!

I will be very curious to see if other Win10 users have similar problems. And very hopeful that someone understands it and knows a real fix!

SOH-CM-2023
    I figured out a workaround by mapping the hat switch through fsuipc. it makes the pan super slow but it works. Anybody know how to increase the pan rate using this method?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    I figured out a workaround by mapping the hat switch through fsuipc. it makes the pan super slow but it works. Anybody know how to increase the pan rate using this method?
    Sean
    Find PAN_RATE= under [CONTROLS] in the fs9.cfg file. Fiddle about by trial and error until you get it so you like it. (I like it around 750.)

Icon4 Locking Joystick configuraton from haphazhard changes

In FS98, FS2000 & FS2002 you could disable any changes to the joystick configuration (by the flight simulator or by wayward add-ons), by adding the line "LOCKED=0" below the [JOYSTICK_00] section, if it wasn't already there. So for example, in FS2002.cfg you would have:

[JOYSTICK_00]
    LOCKED=1

You would first make changes to your joystick mappings, buttons, axes, sensitivities, while LOCKED=0, and then lock it by changing the "0" to "1". This would prevent the flight simulator from changing any settings without your consent!

Not sure if this works in FS2004.

Paul
    Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com
    For Missions in FSX and P3D

Members who have read this thread: 0