Etrich Taube

Thread: Etrich Taube

Etrich Taube

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: This is an authorized conversion of the Etrich Taube (Dove) for First Eagles by Stephen Wroble (Stephen1918), now flyable in CFS2 - thank you Stephen!

Original model, representing the Kondor Taube, made with Autodesk 3D Studio Max by Stephen Wroble.
    Stephen armed the observer with a rifle which would be aimed and fired with both the player and AI aircraft in First Eagles.

Converted and reworked with 3D Object Converter, ModelConverterX and Gmax by Martin Klein to incorporate wing warping and animated crew members.
    The observer will deploy the Mauser rifle when an AI Taube is under attack in CFS2.

Flight dynamics files by Aussie and AER_DaddyO.

Panel with custom gauges by Martin Klein. Extra panel bitmaps with 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 resolution by Aussie.

Albatros D.III sounds modified by Gary Aumaugher (Aerocrate).
    The stock 30can sound is replaced by a single rifle gunshot sound by Kevin Driver.

Original livery by Stephen Wroble.
    A41/12 and Iron Cross with white background liveries by Martin Klein.

10kg Carbonit bomb by John Fortin (Blood_Hawk23).

Westfront

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Etrich Taube
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Stephen Wroble (Stephen1918) has kindly allowed us to convert his First Eagles aircraft to CFS2 use - thanks very much Stephen!

Here is the first one - the Etrich Taube (Dove).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taube A41.jpg   Taube cockpit.jpg   Taube Dove.jpg   Taube Gunner.jpg   Taube Observer.jpg   Taube Vs Caudron.jpg  

Many thanks for this wonderful aircraft! I'll be flying her tonight in my CFS2WWI install.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Oh yeah, the wing warping effect is great!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

That's a sweet surprise. Thanks guys.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Nicely done! A great addition to the early birds fleet.

Many thanks for sharing!
    normb

Many thanks for your nice comments, and many thanks too to Stephen for his allowance
    Cheers
    Martin

I haven't gotten to creating a WWI install yet, so have not commented on many of your recent works, but could not hold my tongue on this, outstanding work Westfront, your recent work has me gathering things together for a WWI install. Can't wait to fly this strange yet beautiful looking bird.

Hi Westfront
    Great addition, thanks also to Stephen for the original work.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Icon22 Reply...

WestFront team,

Excellent work on this; it it truly a unique creation for CFS2!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0