Beale AFB by Blackbird Simulations Released!

Thread: Beale AFB by Blackbird Simulations Released!

Beale AFB by Blackbird Simulations Released!

Blog Entries
    Bought it! Looking forward to installing and flying out of Beale, AFB. Now, you need to do other US air bases.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks Jim!

Next one is the retro version for the Blackbirds. Then we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thanks Jim!

Next one is the retro version for the Blackbirds. Then we'll see.
    Oh yes! Please do. They will all be instant buys from me. McChord is on my "will do most anything" to have in sim.

Getting Beale when I get back from overseas. Thanks Dimus.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hi Dimus,

Will the retro version be a separate paid for addon? Or would you get the option for the retro version, like you did for P3D?

Clearly, I'm after the 80's version

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hi Dimus,

Will the retro version be a separate paid for addon? Or would you get the option for the retro version, like you did for P3D?

Clearly, I'm after the 80's version

Looks great!
    Turning the modern into retro is quite more demanding in MSFS than P3D. This is why I could not work both in parallel. It is supposed to be a separate package once completed and it is intended to be somehow commercially connected to the SR-71 when that is out. I can not yet say if there will be any connection of the modern and the retro versions commercially wise.

I fully get that you're after the retro version so I would suggest to wait.

Turning the modern into retro is quite more demanding in MSFS than P3D. This is why I could not work both in parallel. It is supposed to be a separate package once completed and it is intended to be somehow commercially connected to the SR-71 when that is out. I can not yet say if there will be any connection of the modern and the retro versions commercially wise.

I fully get that you're after the retro version so I would suggest to wait.
    Noted, thanks Dimus

Turning the modern into retro is quite more demanding in MSFS than P3D. This is why I could not work both in parallel. It is supposed to be a separate package once completed and it is intended to be somehow commercially connected to the SR-71 when that is out. I can not yet say if there will be any connection of the modern and the retro versions commercially wise.I fully get that you're after the retro version so I would suggest to wait.
    It would be a great package if they both came together. Not enough interest in modern Beale. I've been hoping for a retro Edwards, featuring early supersonic test vehicles and X-15's. Right Stuff sorta thing.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    It would be a great package if they both came together. Not enough interest in modern Beale. I've been hoping for a retro Edwards, featuring early supersonic test vehicles and X-15's. Right Stuff sorta thing.
    Valid point and ell understood. However, retro Beale needs badly a Blackbird to fly from it so it will come together with it. For now this is a well researched modern USAF airbase with lots of features, to visit using a fighter jet or cargo plane in the sim.

Btw, there is a hidden Easter egg to hunt if you're into that sort of thing.

An update to the scenery has now been released. Changelog:

- Static U-2 textures corrected with markings, bump and rough-met maps

- SR-71 hangar (Parking 16) aft door animation fixed

- Runway skid mark textures updated

- Manual updated to include LVAR name for SR-71 hangar door animation control

The last point is that if any plane developers wish to include control of the animated hangar doors they can use the LVAR provided. For now it works with the default planes and the SSW F-104s. The upcoming BBS SR-71 will have native control of the doors.

Anyone found the Easter egg yet?

Is this forward compatible with FS 2024? ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Is this forward compatible with FS 2024? ;-)
    Another legit question

I believe this has been discussed in another thread here but also MS official statement looks quite clear, especially for Marketplace purchases: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...024-faq/596195

Shameless bump with a video just released from Blackbird:

Hoping to have it also on the Marketplace soon. So far only from BB site, link on the first post.

For those interested and prefer it, KBAB is now (finally!) available also on the Marketplace, for X-box and PC.

Members who have read this thread: 2