For Phantom Fans!

Thread: For Phantom Fans!

Blog Entries

For Phantom Fans!

I saw this on SimWorks Studios' Facebook page.

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Now that makes me happy!

Thanks John!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I saw this on SimWorks Studios' Facebook page.

Great news! Something to look forward to.

I helped in the beta testing of the original so I know it will be right and enjoy the full benefits of this sim. looking forward to it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Really curious about the exteriour
    Best regards, Manfred.

Icon23

I wonder if the nose will be the correct shape

I contacted Alex Vtlas (Simworks) this morning about the status of their Phantom. He told me that all they've done thus far is to port the files over, so eventually they can begin working on it. No set time frame for even that at this point. He told me, quote, "You can see it in the hangar or runway, but it flies like a Mooney Bravo. It just looks more ballsy." End quote.

All for now! NC

Phantastic news (had to be done)
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I can't show anything YET for obvious reasons but what I can say as i'm working the Phantastic old girl, and will stick my neck out on the line for the Phantom about it, is that i've been upscaling textures into 8K (gotta give the rivet/panel line decal guy a good guide!), On Panel lines alone I've covered the bases off of Pre KY-28 Secure Voice System/Speech Security System installation, post KY-28 install (known as Door 629), Door 19 Mod 3 variation, Door 19 Mod 5c Variation (now why would I do Door 19 Mod 5c I wonder?), all the prior antennae are still present covering a whole slew from things like Shoehorn Mods 1 & 2, AN/ALQ-126 on the intakes.... etc... if you're familiar with the SWS Phantom you're familiar with this anyway, it's a ways off yet as Alex says but it's somewhat active development while sorting the PC-12... i'm being really pedantic about Phantom and can certainly remember many evenings chatting with NavyChief about some of the little things to get it feeling like a Phantom should back on the P3D update of it! and can certainly remember talking about the PMTC Phantoms!

Oh nice! It was great addon for P3D!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0