Who knows what cockpit I am revising......

Thread: Who knows what cockpit I am revising......

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Who knows what cockpit I am revising......

Ok, if you guess it I will ... well nothing but try anyway...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clipboard99.jpg  

Geodetic airframe, twin engined - hmm, the only aircraft I can think of that fits the description and that we have in CFS3 is the Wellington... Did I win anything?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Looking good Ted!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

You’ve been busy, Ted! I do like 3D cockpit details, that’s shaping up well and I’m with Frosty: Wellington without a doubt.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sure looks like a Wellington. Not a bomber expert though...

and the winner is.....

Wellington - you folks are too smart for me!

This is Greg Law's model he did way back in 2005 or so. I am not redoing the entire pit, as I just don't have the motivation to. Well maybe how knows it might be better if I did so John could create all new maps for the main cockpit (well he needs to get the Ju88s done first..... cough cough). I redid the main panel and other parts (good thing we have nearly all the British gauges in 3D). The frames are new. I tried to add as many gauges as we have but alas, we are missing a few. There will be a new surprise for those using Steve's radar app (he needs to release the updated one). The Lorenze will actually work! This will also function in the Ju88s (AFN gauge). Oh the Ju88s will finally have a radio altimeter that functions too. Now all we need are NDB and well I get ahead of myself.

Back to the Welly. She will be fairly accurate and representative, but with all the version etc., things changed all the time. She will have the four-gun rear turret too and a revised flight model with full load takeoffs at about 75% throttle.

Greg gave me this model along with the Fw200 (that is next-(well after a surprise for James) on the list to add 3D gauges and specular textures).

As for time, semester is over, rained all weekend, and the wife and daughters went away.

Looking good Ted. I'm feeling guilty as I have been slacking what with outdoor tennis season in full swing, outdoor fence and deck maintenance, son in town, etc.. etc. Still, it seems we all have a lot to do. I am really excited about the ILS information.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Undecided....

As I work on the Wellington cockpit, I continually view the external model. It was a great effort in 2005 or so. Modelers were so driven by CPU/GPU capacity that many finer details of the planes were left off, many of which we take for granted today. I downloaded 4 books on the plane, line drawings, and other reference materials. I ask myself, should I make this plane over again, starting from a blank screen (except for the main pit of course). I have the nose and aft turrets from other planes (Manchester/Lancaster/Whitney). So doing the external is much less of a task than it would be otherwise. As I wait for John to finish the C6 cockpit, I am thinking what else is there to do?

I have Mathias' He115 mesh that needs all the pits, now this bug to redo the Welly, and the Halifax really needs a fresh start. I also have a Ventura and Harpoon just needing the main pits textured, plus a WW1 German Bomber.

Ok, any thoughts?

Well,,,,,WRT to my well known preferences , firstly, how are the Nachtjagd aircraft, inc. the Uhu, going? Then, as for BC bombers, the big 3 4 engine bombers, with in many ways, the Wellington being equally important, and worth updating if not too time consuming. (I still have to upgrade TOW I Whitley missions!)
    The Wellington Mk.IIIs and Xs were still in use until mid or late 1943 at least. before being replaced mostly by Halifaxs.
    Then there are other well known RAF ac I would like....................

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 2