Usmc 43

Thread: Usmc 43

Usmc 43

The original missions from years ago have been converted to the new UT Solomons scenery for awhile now but my son did some more tweaking to them.One of the problems he had,was getting 2 squadrons to take off from the same runway.Sometimes it worked but not all the time.So he fixed it.

He going to working making it longer campaign with at least 6 more missions.

Hiede

Nice to hear of progress with this

Your son is putting a lot of effort into updating and expanding these campaigns. Good to see young people contributing to this old sim!

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Your son is putting a lot of effort into updating and expanding these campaigns. Good to see young people contributing to this old sim!
    Skylane

It's actually both my son and TheBookie that have done this.

I also don't think any one else would want to take the time to hand edit the missions,it can take hours for each mission from I've been told.

Hiede

You have indeed be told the truth Hiede, it's not a simple task. I've tried myself, and even a simple mission with small amounts of ground scenery takes a while to hand-edit, and a lot of patience. To take on the editing of a large campaign is a tall task. Your son's efforts on the USMC Aces campaign are very well done, he has a real knack for it (and way more patience than me &#128521. His talents and effort are greatly appreciated.

Also very cool to see someone of the younger generation with such an interest in this 'ol sim!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyman32 View Post
    You have indeed be told the truth Hiede, it's not a simple task. I've tried myself, and even a simple mission with small amounts of ground scenery takes a while to hand-edit, and a lot of patience. To take on the editing of a large campaign is a tall task. Your son's efforts on the USMC Aces campaign are very well done, he has a real knack for it (and way more patience than me ). His talents and effort are greatly appreciated.

Also very cool to see someone of the younger generation with such an interest in this 'ol sim!
    Scoobyman,

He has all his uncle's notes to on mission building work from.His uncle made missions and campaigns for at least 12 years and over those learn more then what's in Cody's tutorial.How you've talked you've flown them.TheBookie helps him also,he started also back in 2002.
    Both of them do it because they knew Talon would do it he was still here.

As for the USMC 43 Campaign the original part is done but he is waiting for Espiritu Santo scenery by UT to be done.

The next part will be to continue it with the Solomons 43 late scenery.Time line to complete,don't know.

Hiede

An interesting project indeed. I too am waiting on UT's Esiritu Santo but for only 1 mission.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 2