Delete Rolling Cache File

Thread: Delete Rolling Cache File

Delete Rolling Cache File

One of the Content Creators that focus on MSFS 2020 via Youtube suggested after the last "update" to delete your rolling cache file . Would this be considered a maintenance item to be performed on a semi regular basis ? Regards

yes - it is recommended to do this after every update both Sim Updates and World Updates, and now the newer Cities Updates as well as anytime you add
    a scenery. This will ensure that the new updated or purchased enhancements are being run on your local machine - and not the older 'cached' scenery and textures
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2024
    It takes so little time, it's a no-brainer. I do it before I close to the desktop after every flight. First off I use Google Earth maps (MSFS 2020 Map Enhancement tool)when I fly, but when doing scenery, I simply open MSFS and do my thing. But while doing it, MSFS is using BING Maps. Therefore, I do not want any BING Map features showing up when I am flying in Google Maps, ergo I always flush the Rolling Cache so I do not get any BING Map conflicts.

Cazzie

FWIW I turned OFF the cache soon after release. I do not fly in the same area consistently and have a fast connection. No detriment whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    FWIW I turned OFF the cache soon after release. I do not fly in the same area consistently and have a fast connection. No detriment whatsoever.
    Same here, I haven't used a rolling cache in ages and haven't noticed any difference to having it on apart from more drive space.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

+1 on not using the rolling cache.

August

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    What is a fast connection in your opinion? In Mbps?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

what is the benefit of turning off Rolling Cache?

if you have true unlimited data from your IP and a fast connection - also a fast processor - then you can get away with it
    For the rest of us it just lets you store locally and access faster the scenery files you would typically use if you fly in the same regions and areas typically.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0