Two seater Hunters!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two seater Hunters!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Two seater Hunters!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thx for hinting
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

A super nice model. Thank you so much Dave, you always deliver such beautiful and enjoyable models to the community!
    I'll let the screen shots speak for themselves:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9080).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	90873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9085).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	90874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9089).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	90875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9090).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	90876

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The VC which is super nice:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9088).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	90877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9087).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	90878

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What an incredible week you have provided us, Dave, first with "Little Nellie" and now the Hunter T7! Thank you very, very much! Here are just some quick shots from my first flight with the aircraft, around Humberside.

It looks superb, especially the virtual cockpit !
    Can't wait to try it in VR.
    Thanks Dave !

I was waiting for this one. It's brilliant! Thanks Dave!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Well done and thanks Dave!

I have flown your jets ever since I first started in flight sim way back when.

Richard

Superb work Dave!

Thank you!

Cees

Pilots on the runway shot look outstanding! So real. Great work!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely wonderful. As always, many thanks Dave

Did a few circuits in VR last night. This is another outstanding contribution. It has a beautiful and mostly functional cockpit, nice sounds, cool features like a multi-position cockpit dial that sets the various drop tank loadouts, plausible flight model, lots of good looking skins. I like the way the radio and transponder are integrated into the cockpit in a consistent but functional way. Overall a very enjoyable ride.

August

Ho hum...... just waiting for the first repaints to drop ......

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Ho hum...... just waiting for the first repaints to drop ......
    17 schemes not enough for you ? (only joking!)

Thanks for all the positive comments.
    I'll try and get the paint kit uploaded as soon as possible.

Absolutely fantastic. This was always one I loved in earlier sims, and now in MSFS... Just great. What a blast of sheer nostalgia. Thank you sir!

Great to see the two-seat Hunter in MSFS. Thanks, DG.

One of the iconic photos that inspired me to try and become a pilot or atleast one of the reasons i became a life long aviation hobbyist. Which little boy did *not* want to sit up there looking like that. Good chance it is also the reason i have always had a thing for pilot helmets and gear (i have a nice collection including an RAF 'bone dome'.. ).

Most girls of my age back then probabely had photos of Elvis, James Dean or Cliff Richard on their bedroom wall. I had this:

This is Gerben Sonderman, main testpilot for Fokker Aircraft Factory at EHAM Schiphol on the 4th of April 1955 in the cockpit of a Hawker Hunter F.4. The Hunter was chosen by the Koninklijke Luchtmacht (Dutch AF ) to replace the Gloster Meteor and what i understand now is that each one was first tested by Fokker before being delivered to the Klu.

One of the anekdotes that became known about Sonderman was that he heard that all Fokker S.11 elementary trainers that were delivered to the Israeli AF were neatly parked at the flightline each morning but sofar no one dared to fly it a.o. because of the funny looking 'bended' undercarriage. Sonderman then took one up from Schiphol Amsterdam and flew it straight to Tel Aviv to show those lily-livered pilots overthere that a Fokker S.11 was easy and perfectly safe to fly.

Next to the F-84G/F and F-86K the Dutch AF flew the Hawker Hunter F Mk.4 between 1955 and 1964 as well as the F Mk.6 between 1957 and 1968. 8 T.Mk.7 trainers were used between 1958 and 1968. N-305 that was written off in 1967 can still be seen in the 'Militaire Luchtvaart Museum' in Soesterberg.

I have always thought that the Hawker Hunter is one of the most beautiful jetfighters ever designed. When it comes to beauty a bit like a jet engined Spitfire. Also because of Gerben Sonderman's, to me, iconic photo, sitting up there, all alone, in this very sophisticated piece of flying machinery must surely be the most awesome goal a person can achieve. However somehow it is often the two seat trainer version of a prop- or jetfighter aircraft that exites me even more than the normal single seat version. Like why enjoy an awesome experience like that all on your own while you can also share it with a friend (well, something like that anyway..;-)

Thank you very much, Dave, for sharing your extraordinairy beautiful Hunter models here in MSFS with your friends. A superb job !!

Absolutely first rate!
    Can't give this enough praise - plus a top notch manual too.
    Great stuff, Dave.

From my quick first flight its a really great model, I feel the texture quality on the VC is better than the single seat series and they were good. Bravo DGW, thank you for your efforts to bring this to us.

Now time to sit back and watch the likes of Zsolt and Jankees wave their paint brush!
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post

Hi ZsoltB.

Beautiful repaint of a Danish air force Hunter. Is there anywhere it can be downloaded ?

Soeren

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Hi ZsoltB.

Beautiful repaint of a Danish air force Hunter. Is there anywhere it can be downloaded ?

Soeren
    Hi Soeren,

Coming soon

Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 2