New version RAF Sculthorpe and RAF Alconbury

Thread: New version RAF Sculthorpe and RAF Alconbury

New version RAF Sculthorpe and RAF Alconbury

RAF Sculthorpe for FS9v3 26/5/23

PLEASE REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF SCULTHORPE INCLUDING THE RECENT V2 RELEASE FROM 11/3/23.
    there's a lot to take in ,but ive included the West Raynham and fairford fix from the old scenery
    into this new one to keep everything together, and i'll probably contact Rami to remove V2 from the library
    to save confusion, sorry guys ;-)

This is another updated version to incorporate a new Ai version of Dave and Mick's great new B45 Tornado for FS9,
    which should be uploaded about the same time as this scenery, which is even more optimised for Ai than their previous NOVC model
    This scenery is also slightly differnt than previous versions, with extra object's, reworked ADE file and extra parking.

Dave and Mick have provided a very comprehensive range of models and unit's for the 47 Bombardment wing and ive try'd to include as many that
    are appropriate for a 1954-56 time-line including all units from the 47 Bombardment wing, 84th, 85th and 86th (based at Alconbury
    included in a seperate scenery), The 19th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron and 4 aircraft on detachment the Royal Air Force for
    deep reconnaissance flights

Mick has also provided a 91AREFS repaint for Dee Waldron's and Michael Person's AI KC-97 in the marks of the 91st Air Refueling Squadron (AREFS)
    and ive made up a traffic file which gives you 4 aircraft, one performing touch and go's. Ive included the whole aircraft, so just unzip the
    into your FS9/aircraft folder and your good to go

If you have all the below already installed, you dont need to do anymore.

You'll also find a tidy'd up version of some old West Raynham scenery which was a few miles south, to use if you wish,
    more details in read-me included in the RAF West Raynham_v2.zip

Ive included a GW ground poly for Golden Wings user's, just copy and paste the bgls from GW-POLY folder, backing up originals
    Thanks to Sidney Schwartz for the ramp lights

You will see a folder named "Fairford-bgl" I noticed there was an unusally large amount of ground objects at
    Sculthorpe, turn's out EZ-senery sent some of them to the object bgl in my Fairford scenery. You shouldnt need this bgl, but if things
    look a bit odd, add this bgl to your RAF Fairford/scenery folder, NOT Sculthrope

You probably have all of these objects anyway, but just to recap---
    MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FS9) will be needed from the file library at https://militaryaiworks.com/
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip will be needed for extra obs, find in SOH FS9 scenery library
    You'll find a Zip in this file, "USAAF vchs.zip", If you dont already have these,unzip and place Bgl into Addon-scenery/scenery, and Bmp's into Addon-scenery/texture

boy that was a slog, but now you can enjoy some cold war flying from Sculthorpe with Mick and Dave's B-45
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1.jpg   S2.jpg   S3.jpg  

Alconbury

Ive made a seperate scenery for Alconbury, using the same Ai and scenery objects which should be in the library at the same time as Alconbury, and Mick should be uploading the Aircraft soon also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A1.jpg   A2.jpg  

RAF Sculthorpe B45era for FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: A new version, reworked to make use of new B45 ai , please remove older versions and read read-me for important info

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Sculthorpe B45era for FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

RAF Alconbury B45era for FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: A satellite airfield to my Sculthorpe V3 scenery using the same objects and Ai , please read read-me for important info

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Alconbury B45era for FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I love it when a plan comes together!

The AI B-45 is up the pipe and will appear on the download page as soon as the librarians do their librarian thing.
    Last edited by Mick; May 26th, 2023 at 17:07.

Excellent, looking forward to this one.

Well, it went up the pipe yesterday and it's still not available on the download page. I can see it there because I'm the one who uploaded it but it's not visible to anyone else.

Thought you might AVP , make sure you install the new Sculthorpe as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Well, it went up the pipe yesterday and it's still not available on the download page. I can see it there because I'm the one who uploaded it but it's not visible to anyone else.

All ready to go Mick, the library staff need to check and authorise all uploads before everyone else can see it. Some librarians may leave FS9 (or other sims) if they don'y have the sim to check it in, knowing another librarian does, it also depends on how those sub-forums like to announce the uploads, so I do leave CFS2 uploads for others, as it is their thing. If it goes without for more than a day, I assume RL is in play and then authorise. So, I suspect they do similar. Timezones also have an effect. Just bear with us, we will get there.

ATB,
    Jamie

I see! I figured the librarians were busy off line, as people sometimes are, but couldn't help but worry that maybe there was something wrong with the upload.

What I didn't think of was that it could take longer to deal with an FS9 release, but it makes sense. These days there aren't too many of us old fogies mired in a twenty-year old sim.

I have indeed installed both. I have also started reworking the ai traffic to fit my 1955; 57, 59 and 62 formates for my Calclassic environment. I had already developed some traffic as part of the Burtonwood release Ken and I did (due to Ken wanting a Burtonwood that matched photo scenery). Turning your 24 hr schedules into weekly and will then add additional destinations. I have made some changes to the taxi system and added tower and ground frequencies as well. All in all both these sceneries are terrific and will enjoy immensely.

Thanks
    Al

Another must have from Ian

Members who have read this thread: 3