Vmf-124

Thread: Vmf-124

Vmf-124

Over the weekend some missions were done on this.My son's test are done so he has some time now.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VMF-124 Scratch a Zero.jpg   VMF-124 Scratch a Val 01.jpg   VMF-124 Scratch a Val 02.jpg  

I think he has about 10 missions done so far.He downloaded a PDF file of their Tour of Duty in the Solomons.He's looking for a another Espiritu Santo base,the stock one is not good enough for what needs.There is MR one but he isn't sure if he should use it with the UT scenery.

Hiede

I still use Espiritu_Santo_base.zip, created by Dog1 way back. It's still available here at SOH, under scenery downloads - page 9. Not all of Dog1's airfields work well with the Rhumba mesh, but this one always looked good pretty good to me. MaskRider's Lougaville airfield is also done pretty well. It was created for MR's Solomons scenery, which would interfere with your son's efforts to use UT's new Solomons scenery, but I tried removing all other airfields from MR's Solomons scenery so that I could keep this one airfield, and it still looks great. Turns out it is the only airfield in the Solomons package that does not use gsl scenery, so installing the MR Solomons gsl is not necessary.

Good luck with these!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyman32 View Post
    I still use Espiritu_Santo_base.zip, created by Dog1 way back. It's still available here at SOH, under scenery downloads - page 9. Not all of Dog1's airfields work well with the Rhumba mesh, but this one always looked good pretty good to me. MaskRider's Lougaville airfield is also done pretty well. It was created for MR's Solomons scenery, which would interfere with your son's efforts to use UT's new Solomons scenery, but I tried removing all other airfields from MR's Solomons scenery so that I could keep this one airfield, and it still looks great. Turns out it is the only airfield in the Solomons package that does not use gsl scenery, so installing the MR Solomons gsl is not necessary.

Good luck with these!
    We know how to mix and match different sceneries.Also Al(Talon) did GSL for Espiritu Santo that works with MR scenery.He also did GSL for Tulagi.I found both in the original USMC 43 install.

Hiede

Another pic of action at Guadacanal with Corsairs.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VMF-124 Scratch a Val Kate.jpg  

Another pic of action

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VMF-124 Scratch a  Betty.jpg  

That's quite a pic, very dramatic.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Micheal took the screenshots.

Hiede

The first half,up until the first Corsair unit in the Solomons VMF-124 transfers to Munda,is almost finished.My son decided to cancel it because of lack of interest but may send it to a few members like before.

Hiede

Well, I'm certainly interested in this campaign! Like the P-40 missions, an interesting look at the opposite side of my own Japanese missions for this period.

I know I would enjoy it as well, your son does terrific work. I have just started Skylane's Guadalcanal 43 campaign, and would enjoy fighting from both sides at the same time again. Doing that with USMC Aces and the earlier Japanese campaigns from Skylane was very fun and educational. I was going to try the 44thFS campaign alongside it, also from the same period of the war. I've really enjoyed them all with UT's great new scenery. These campaigns have been a real treat, my continued thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Well, I'm certainly interested in this campaign! Like the P-40 missions, an interesting look at the opposite side of my own Japanese missions for this period.
    Skylane

You are already on the list as are 3 others.It should be ready to when we get back at the end of July.

Hiede

Heide
    Not sure if I am on the list for VMF -124. If I am, please remove me. Let someone else enjoy.I won't have time as not only is my Sim computer down, the Mrs has been in the hospital.I have not even had time to finish up loading the FG44 FS 18. I do have Talon's Solomons 43 which has the VMF-124 in it, I think. I will stick with that one.
    Lost of "delicious" scenery, campaigns missions, a/c lately that I have had little time to enjoy.
    Thanks for all the work you and others have put into this sim.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Heide
    Not sure if I am on the list for VMF -124. If I am, please remove me. Let someone else enjoy.I won't have time as not only is my Sim computer down, the Mrs has been in the hospital.I have not even had time to finish up loading the FG44 FS 18. I do have Talon's Solomons 43 which has the VMF-124 in it, I think. I will stick with that one.
    Lost of "delicious" scenery, campaigns missions, a/c lately that I have had little time to enjoy.
    Thanks for all the work you and others have put into this sim.
    Sorry to hear Highpockets.

I wish you and your wife all the best and I'm sure the same from the other members.You just take care of your wife and yourself,that's much more important.

My Prayers are with you both.

Hiede

Heide
    Thanks. She just had a fainting spell due to low sodium. Found out you can drink too much water! Houston area has been cooking this last week along with much of the west and southwest. Who would have "thunk" too much liquid??
    66 years of marriage under our belt so I think I will keep her and care for her.
    I will be back in the cockpit before long.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Heide
    Thanks. She just had a fainting spell due to low sodium. Found out you can drink too much water! Houston area has been cooking this last week along with much of the west and southwest. Who would have "thunk" too much liquid??
    66 years of marriage under our belt so I think I will keep her and care for her.
    I will be back in the cockpit before long.
    My late father in law told during WW2 while he served in India and Burma learned from the British to drink some tea or ice tea in the extreme heat.It seemed to help.I think some salt tablets will help.Check int it with the doctors.

He was married 68 years I think.

Hiede

Hp & heide...

...Heide , I deployed into that area during my stint in the service. We also had to take salt tablets and when they ran out told to eat extra table salt. Also, some will give me flak here on this, but while in India, and extreme heat and exertion, had some Indian service members suggest to suck on a wedge of lime, like they do, before drinking water. Helped to cut the taste of the water and slake thirst.
    HP; I also have the low NA and was told by my new Dr to increase my salt intake and suggested increased table salt, after my former quack said it was too high ! I was 59 years ahead of her on that diagnosis about salty food and feel better now!

Heide and Fibber
    She is taking salt tabs prescribed by doc and managing fluid intake. Doing pretty good. Will check sodium levels next week.
    Thamks for all the concerns and tips.

Heide and Fibber
    Doc prescribed salt tabs and managing fluid intake. She is doing well. We are to check sodium levels next week.
    When I worked out in the oil patch, we always had salt tabs on hand, especially in my stint out of Dubai.
    Thanks for concerns and tips.

Members who have read this thread: 1