Beechcraft Starship work in progress

Thread: Beechcraft Starship work in progress

Blog Entries

Beechcraft Starship work in progress

First export for the Starship. The external materials are basic with no spec or bump maps, those will come later. The interior and VC need to be unwrapped and textured, custom code needs to be written for the various custom animations, gauges to to be written or I'll find suitable gauges to go along with the model. There is absolute no timeframe for release as this project requires significant amounts of work before I can consider a release. FSX and P3D only, no MSFS. Thanks to Craig Richardson/Rara Avis Sim for the source Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1684785885896.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	90805

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Amazing how the Starship (and the Piaggio P180) can still look futuristic, considering the design is the best part of 40 years old. That model looks like it is going to be a real beauty.
    Andy

Looks great so far!

Is this the same project it was cancelled few years ago from another creator(don't remember who)?

If this is it, it is very welcome to see this is still coming up, thank you and that looks very good.

SOH-CM-2020
    This is great news

I'll place my order now thanks

Pete.

Great news!!! - thanks for keeping FSX and P3D alive

WOW Thank you

( then I can retitre my MDLX-->P3DV4 portover )

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Amazing how the Starship (and the Piaggio P180) can still look futuristic, considering the design is the best part of 40 years old. That model looks like it is going to be a real beauty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XB-70-supercruise2.95 62k-2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	90825

Over half a century old...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I'm surprised we still don't have one as it's so stunning! REALLY looking forward to this one!

Any news on this?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Any news on this?
    Still working on it, interior stills need a bit of unwrap. I would like to get someone to do the interior paint as the external model was supplied already painted. Gauges needs to be done, as is the FDE.

Blog Entries
    Lookin real good Eurostarr. I lost count of the years i prayed for someone too make a top knotch model of this aircraft.. You wouldnt need a broken down old flight model dude too make it fly right wouldja???
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Lookin real good Eurostarr. I lost count of the years i prayed for someone too make a top knotch model of this aircraft.. You wouldnt need a broken down old flight model dude too make it fly right wouldja???
    Pam
    Pam,

Apologies for the late reply. Of course I can use the extra set of hands. Still lots to do (interior wise), but I have a flyable model already. Shoot me a PM here or on Facebook (George Arana) and I'll hook you up.

Just checking in to see if this is still progressing?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

LOL !! Found the FS9 model and ran it through the MCX Transform-matic into a P3Dv4 exterior model. Then I merged the Carenado B200 VC and presto. Well the prop animation needs a fix but otherwise not too bad for a few minutes work! Just need to look straight ahead in the VC and not at the wing mounted PT-6's ..

SOH-CM-2020
    That's looking great Expat

If you've got the Carenado B1900 for the VC then you wouldn't have the engine issue when looking out the side windows.

Pete.

Great tip Peter - thanks!

If anyone could guide me how to fix prop animation in P3Dv4 I would be grateful!

Members who have read this thread: 110