SPARTAN 7W EXECUTIVE released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPARTAN 7W EXECUTIVE released

Is there a tailwheel lock for this thing? For the life of me, if it starts to wander off due to torque/p-factor and I kick in even a hair of rudder, the s-turn oscillation dance begins. The only thing I can do to tame it is to get the tailwheel up ASAP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The dev took a shot at putting in positive tail steering, but set the max steering angle to 90°. A little basic trig (that math subject you swore in high school you'd never use) shows that 70° is ideal to let you pivot on one main. Open the flight model config file and make the following change, highlighted in bold red:

[CONTACT_POINTS]

point.2 = 1,-13.242966,0,-1.279077,1800,0,0.43,70,0.1,1.9,0.8,0,0,0,155,155,1
    90° just makes things way too twitchy. I'm not sure if there is a tail wheel lock, but if there is, and you want a true caster, change that 70 to 180.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom! I am going to have a look at that soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Well, I've looked back through IniBuilds' forum, and it looks like they've edited out their March 24th announcement that had originally mentioned about the Spartan Executive they were working on. If they've canceled their project because of this HCG product release, it would be a tremendously massive let down! Even though the renders that IniBuilds had posted were still quite early, they already showed a vastly higher level of visual accuracy and craftsmanship than this HCG offering.

These were the IniBuilds renders:
    Has the Inibuilds Spartan Executive been cancelled? I hope it hasn't, for the same reasons as you!
    Tom

Wasn't aware this was out until I noticed a recent post in this Forum, & being a sucker for Radials, I purchased it.
    Have had several long flights with it & overall I have found it very enjoyable to fly.
    Fairly priced at USD20, I am not sure if the fuel economy is correct or that it is on the parsimonious side, but it goes a long way on full tanks.
    I was pleased to see the KAP 140 AP as it lets me set VS & ALT HLD & NAV, & I can send it off for a long trip & get back in an hour or so to find it is on track, at the correct altitude.
    Although an INI version may turn up, this one is meeting my requirements.
    Just need Jankees to come up with a few liveries.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 4