KMGW Morgantown Hart Field West Virginia - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KMGW Morgantown Hart Field West Virginia

Moving In MDCx

I have trying four times now to get the spotlights and Obstruction Light effects to be placed exactly in Model Converter X and I finally posted for help and Arno told me something you all probably knew. I need to move my eyepoint up and down the terminal to align my view directly in front of each lamp post. I was using the left mouse button but that just rotated the terminal and then Arno said to use the right mouse button and that works great so I am going back to I hope the fifth and final alignment. Hopefully opening up the bgl I will be able to accomplish this and not start from scratch with everything including the platform. We'll see how that works. Wish me luck.

Following The Directions

Well, Arno hit the nail on the head. I was able by mouse maneuvering in Model Converter X to perfectly position the Red Flashing Obstruction Lights and the white spotlight apron lights on every lamp pole. I am getting pretty close to packing this all up. The only thing driving me crazy are the ARFF warning chevrons on the apron in front of the ARFF doors. They are absolutely perfectly placed in Sketchup; perfectly placed in the Collada file when you open it in Model Converter x; from above they are perfect on the compiled BGL and EVEN perfect from top down in Prepar3D but when you get on the ground in front of the ARFF they are NOT perfect. I have tried twice now and am getting close to either deleting them altogether or just leaving them and it's a case of "IT IS WHAT IT IS" because I don't know what else to do with them except maybe take a little poetic license and delete the stripes on the edges and just leave the chevrons. I haven't decided exactly what to do but am leaning in that direction. Stay tuned for my final decision.

Finally Finished

I finally finished the terminal including the ARFF Warning Area (reworked twice) accurately and the Obstruction Lights and Apron Lights perfectly positioned as well. We had a Fouth Of July Cookout at our friends with a lot of other church people at their house and just got home so no more work today but tomorrow I will wind this up and send out for beta testing for any final corrections. Now that I have everything documented it is not difficult to redo just takes time especially the "emissive textures" in MDCx and the object placement of spotlights and effects again all precisely documented to place. I had to rename one of the textures that conflicted with the ARFF both being named "texture" but I just renamed one "door sign" and that took care of it. Like my other airports, I learned to do something new with this one with the sculped landscaping in Sketchup and looking forward to flying the C208B on some Southern Airways Express scheduled flights to take a break from scenery for a little while.

P3D and FSX

After much trial and tribulation I was able to package up an FSX version and sent it out for testing. It's ok. It is not as good as I would like it to be but this airport pushes FSX to the limit. I am going to share it by download here later or tomorrow in two versions: Prepar3D Version 4.5 and FSX version which I believe should work in earlier Prepar3D versions and has been tested in FSX SE with a few glitches but ok to use. Two different beta testers got two slightly different results on different computers as did I on MY FSX in Windows 10. I am going to wind this up and share it as they are. Thank you for following this thread to the end. I learned a lot I can use in the future but it will be a lot simpler airport if and when I do another one. LOL!!!

Here Are The Two Version

Here are Mediafire links to each version of KMGW: Prepar3D V4.5 and FSX (SE and P3D V1,2,3) I am making these available for download and if you don't mind final testing and let me know if I need to fix something I missed and am able to fix. FSX as mentioned above is not perfect but let me know what you find and I'll try and fix it within the limits of the sim/Windows 10 etc) As far as I can tell there are no problems with the Prepar3D V4.5 version but I will be the first to admit I am not an expert scenery designer and miss things so help me out please.

Prepar3D V4.5 https://www.mediafire.com/file/uf0z4...plete.zip/file

FSX https://www.mediafire.com/file/he4fn...rsion.zip/file

Waiting For Some Replies

While I am waiting for those who download and install this airport to give me some feedback, I spent this afternoon at John Deere and bought two new tractors with gang mowers and installed them into Prepar3D. The work beautifully. Here is a screen shot of one of them mowing the grass inside the taxiway and the runway:

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Here are Mediafire links to each version of KMGW: Prepar3D V4.5 and FSX (SE and P3D V1,2,3) I am making these available for download and if you don't mind final testing and let me know if I need to fix something I missed and am able to fix. FSX as mentioned above is not perfect but let me know what you find and I'll try and fix it within the limits of the sim/Windows 10 etc) As far as I can tell there are no problems with the Prepar3D V4.5 version but I will be the first to admit I am not an expert scenery designer and miss things so help me out please.
    In P3D4.5 the photoreal is terrific along with the buildings. Despite deactivating appropriate ORBIX files, the sloped ramp at the terminal makes the static planes and a truck sunk below the ramp surface in places. Actual aircraft seem to be fine taxiing on it at the correct level --??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    In P3D4.5 the photoreal is terrific along with the buildings. Despite deactivating appropriate ORBIX files, the sloped ramp at the terminal makes the static planes and a truck sunk below the ramp surface in places. Actual aircraft seem to be fine taxiing on it at the correct level --??
    I don't have any static aircraft or vehicles in the download. I noticed that Falcon409 told me that he saw some tops of vehicles in FSX and I discovered that it was placing default aircraft service vehicles on the lower apron so that is probably the same issue. I don't use any default airport vehicles because I use UGCX or GSX2 at my airports. I only use road traffic. Don't use default ai either since I like to have real ai schedules which I have not yet uploaded to P3D only in FSX. Thank you for the input.

Richard

GSX2 Compatible

I just installed FS Dreamteam GSX/GSX2 into my Prepar3D V4.5 successfully after doing some searching for the Activation Codes which I finally found late last night. Had some things to do today so I didn't get a chance to test it out until a little while ago. As it is supposed to it worked just fine at EGNX East Midlands UK2000 with an Airbus. Now for the test:
    I restarted Prepar3D and chose the Carenado C208 Southern Airways Express at Gate 1 of Morgantown on the inclined apron. I opened up GSX2 and requested deboarding; catering and refueling which all perfectly worked never once having any problem driving around the apron. Most pleased! The download link for it is above for you to test out yourself on your Prepar3d V4.5 or V5.2 sim. V5.2 users please let me know if you experience any problems. Enjoy!

---I restarted Prepar3D and chose the Carenado C208 Southern Airways Express at Gate 1 of Morgantown on the inclined apron. I opened up GSX2 and requested deboarding; catering and refueling which all perfectly worked never once having any problem driving around the apron. Most pleased! The download link for it is above for you to test out yourself on your Prepar3d V4.5 or V5.2 sim. V5.2 users please let me know if you experience any problems. Enjoy!
    I found that the problem of add on scenery aircraft (ones on the ramp sunk into the surface, other places OK) is due to an ORBX overwrite of the airport, likely their free airports addon, but cannot track down the specific file yet.

Thank you for the heads up

I remember back when I just started flying with the 91st Bomb Group Virtual and ORBX had just started doing their sceneries that guys who had ORBX didn't get the same exact positions of the B-17s as those without ORBX or like you said tires that sink etc. ORBX is really beautiful and I have a number of their stuff but sometimes as you say there are conflicts. I saw some scenery designers in their READMEs that gave instructions if you were using ORBX of something or other. Obviously ORBX cannot control or anticipate every single scenery addon especially freeware. Nor should they be expected to. Let me ask ORBX. I have good report over there. i dropped them a help request but also found online a list that "ORBXESTREME" created last updated in March of 2021 that listed these as the ONLY West Virginia airports in their worldwide free airpots download:

West Virginia:KCKB, Harrison/Marion Regl, Clarksburg. 7800 x 150 / asphalt / 03-21 / 1223KCRW, Yeager Airport, Charleston (Disable AEC). 6715 x 150 / asphalt / 05-23 / 947KLWB, Greenbriar Valley, Lewisburg. 7003 x 150 / asphalt / 04-22 / 2301KEKN, Elkins-Randolph Co. Regional. 4544 x 140 / asphalt / 14-32 / 1987 and 4501 x75 / asphalt / 05-23 / 1987

NO KMGW Morgantown so I don't think that is the problem. I have not disabled any West Virginia airports on my system since an addon airport supercedes default airports if it is properly above them in your Addon Scenery. Let's see what ORBX much more experienced scenery designers than I reply could be the problem.

ORBX and Morgantown

When I saw the post above, I wrote to ORBX and Nick gave me an almost immediate reply that I am posting here and also adding to the README in a new download.

If you have installed the ORBX in your simulator and are having interference with your custom airport or airports, free or payware, Nick says you will indeed get interference and you need to do the following:

Find three files, all at ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery
    They are:
    ADE_FTX_FTXG_KMGW.BGL
    ADE_FTX_FTXG_KMGW_CVX.bgl
    FTX_FTXG_KMGW_objects.bgl

Your user can either rename them to xxx.bgl.off, or create a new folder somewhere and move them into it.
    I use ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\OFF for storing unwanted airport files.

I thanked him for all of us.

Richard

When I saw the post above, I wrote to ORBX and Nick gave me an almost immediate reply that I am posting here and also adding to the README in a new download. If you have installed the ORBX in your simulator and are having interference with your custom airport or airports, free or payware, Nick says you will indeed get interference and you need to do the following: Find three files, all at ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery They are: ADE_FTX_FTXG_KMGW.BGL ADE_FTX_FTXG_KMGW_CVX.bgl FTX_FTXG_KMGW_objects.bgl Your user can either rename them to xxx.bgl.off, or create a new folder somewhere and move them into it. I use ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\OFF for storing unwanted airport files. I thanked him for all of us. Richard
    Yep, I try to remind folks who use my airports to do the same.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 1