LPAZ Santa Maria Azores 1962

Thread: LPAZ Santa Maria Azores 1962

LPAZ Santa Maria Azores 1962

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: LPAZ - Santa Maria Airport, Azores, Portugal
    Circa 1962 For FS2004

Generic scenery meant to represent Santa Maria Airport as it may have been around 1962 or so. This important stop on the Trans-Atlantic run during the early days of commercial traffic between North America and Europe is based on the default airport using generic libraries.

Installation instructions as well as a listing of the required libraries is located in the readme file.

Special thanks to Tom Gibson, Ken Lawson, and all the contributors at CalClassics who helped make this possible.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit LPAZ Santa Maria Azores 1962
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I'll be trying this out in FSX. While on a return trip from Aviano to Texas (Air Force) we had a planned stop at Lages, however the Island was socked in and we had to divert to this Airport to refuel. It was not an overly friendly reception. We were held on the airplane (C141) for several hours until fueling was completed and then on our way. Good riddance, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ha ha F...maybe they were thinking the same thing...

Thanks Jorge, something different and from Silver Wings era

Cheers

Shessi

Let us know how FSX handles this! I know you sometimes have to change a few things, but if you have the FSX version of the CalClassic libraries the objects should work. Only ground changes would be necessary, I think?

I remember our deployment to Iraq (Army) back in 2004. We were to relieve the first wave that went in-country during the 2003 invasion. We Reservists that were going to be used as replacements to plug whatever personnel needs were present when we got there, so we were a mix of several units from coast to coast. On paper we were, "National Augmentation Detatchments," or just "NADs" for short. Yea, they weren't thinking when they came up with that one.

We went over on a KC-10 and spent the night in Spain at Seville. The first thing we saw getting off the aircraft was a HUGE sign that said, "Welcome to Moron Air Base."

Needless to say, those that didn't speak Spanish thought it was an appropriate message to our upcoming tour considering how things had gone up to that point for us Reservists!

When we got to Kuwait later the next day, the first thing we were asked was, "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

Memories!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Thanks for doing this one Jorge, Just now finding the time to download and install it. It will go great with the retro Lajes Ken and I are doing along with Wheelus AB for FS9 and yes I have Falcons Lovely FSX version of Wheelus for inspiration.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Thanks for doing this one Jorge, Just now finding the time to download and install it. It will go great with the retro Lajes Ken and I are doing along with Wheelus AB for FS9 and yes I have Falcons Lovely FSX version of Wheelus for inspiration.

Al
    Good to hear an FS9 version for Wheelus is in the que. I look forward to seeing what you develope and let me know if you want to use any of the models I made for the FSX version. I no longer have FS9 loaded but maybe you can retro my stuff to work. As for Santa Maria, it works well in FSX/Accel. It is a bit heavy on FPS but I imagine it's due to it FS9 origins. Still I had it running close to 18FPS which is flyable.

Current System Specs:

Falcon,

If your frames drop, try not having the fencline. Sometimes -- even in FS9 -- it'll "hog" resources. Not sure why, but sometimes it works better to remove the fenceline bgl.

I've had good frames for most of the time, though, so maybe if you just start the flight with a default aircraft (C172, for example) in the state you want the aircraft you want to fly in set to, it may also work. I haven't had any frame issues with the fenceline after starting there with the C172.

If I'm flying there, I've only had frame drops every now and then with the fences active. Not all the time, though.

Sorry for not mentioning that, but I didn't think it would be too much of an issue with newer systems. I have a 2010 Asus gaming laptop with Win-7-64, so I figured any "slowness" with my frames wouldn't be an issue with the "newer" stuff.

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Jorge, that did the trick. I'll add in a perimeter fence using ADE and that should suffice.

Current System Specs:

Glad to hear it worked!

I guess it has to do with Instant Scenery 3 and the way it makes the scenery. I haven't had issues using the same fence section in making "retro" stuff for the Platinum Wings scenery's generic airfields. Then again, those are xml to bgl using the SDK and a bat file I made.

Let us know how it looks!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Thanks Falcon for your offer on the Models for Wheelus. I have moved my reply to your Wheelus thread not to hijack Jorges thread here and keep the focus on your version and mine.

Thanks
    Al

Members who have read this thread: 0