Flak Pacifica

Thread: Flak Pacifica

Blog Entries

Flak Pacifica

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Effects Add-ons

Description: Dear esteemed members of the aviation community, it is with great pleasure that we announce the release of a new and improved modification. The original concept of RAF_Mutlly's longer lasting flak bursts has been expertly adapted to meet and exceed rollfix specifications. Furthermore, we are pleased to inform you that the brilliant addition of the flak splash effect, courtesy of nibbio, has further enhanced the visual impact of this modification. We highly recommend that you hang on to your bikinis, as this mod is sure to make waves!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Flak Pacifica
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Looking forward to this! Top notch idea, Thank You Friend!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mksystem View Post
    Looking forward to this! Top notch idea, Thank You Friend!
    Thank you!

Thanks for your contributions DW.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Thanks for your contributions DW.

Thanks I’m sure everyone is getting sick of flak mods by now that’s why I’m using humor and other wild tactics to promote it. Then again maybe it’s because I’m naturally silly and like having fun hopefully without offending anybody. That’s the hard part for someone like myself . I thought I’d go ahead and do it since the Rollfix mod was many peoples favorite and it didn’t come with all the bells and whistles especially the longer lasting flak bursts so here you go this has it all. It’s free. The ladies in bikinis well I’d say no money no honey but you’ll need to ask them. They are only a picture in my mod and of course you can have that free too. Might go ahead do the flak dust Rollfix and call it flak quits after that.

Hi Deathwind
    Thanks for the bikini's. Oh and the flak mod as well.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi Deathwind
    Thanks for the bikini's. Oh and the flak mod as well.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    Trust me I had fun doing it. Thanks for downloading!

Icon22 Reply...

Deathwind,

Thanks, I will be sure to check this out!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Deathwind,

Thanks, I will be sure to check this out!
    Better not let her catch you checking it out😄

Thank you, sir. I will try it out right away.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Thank you, sir. I will try it out right away.

Sorry yours fell in the water before the picture was snapped 🤣 Just teasing I hope you like it.

Blog Entries
    Should I do a Euro Rollfix or have y’all enough flak? Like to get into bigger projects at some point but to tell the truth I’m having trouble concentrating on anything right now. I believe the end of me staying here is coming to a end probably quite soon. I can sense the unhappiness here. How I’m gonna get home to West Virginia in a car with well over 300,000 miles on it with enough money to fill the tank up maybe three times if o sleep in the car and didn’t eat. Still three tanks of gas wouldn’t get me there no how. Kids I’m not a bad daddy. I don’t want them to ever think that. Life is unfair I never wants hurt anybody or leave kids. I thought I was good with kids because I can easily act their age to be silly with them. I always made people laugh even when I was in school. Anyway I hope y’all enjoy the mod I made and if anything is wrong with it why grab a stick come after me and say fix it and I will since it’s better than a knot on my head. Anyway don’t worry about me I’ve caused enough grief as it is. I have fought a good fight but came up short. Maybe someday I’ll get back to doing more here I’ve little concentration now. I might make a Zero fly through your computer screen and shoot down the dog eating from it’s bowl because I wasn’t concentrating on what I was doing and made a boo boo.

I think your flak mods are very good, it might be helpful to include a short note in the description of each one to indicate what type of setting it is suitable for, e.g. naval battles or attacks on infrastructure. I also like the revised effects and ground explosions.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm I thought or at least tried to explain what the flak mods are whether or not it was suitable for the European theater or Pacific. The flak in the revised effects is a killer probably not the best choice to use in that package unless your settings up guns for downing enemy aircraft. Last one the Rollfix with splash is basically self explanatory in that it uses the same perimeters that Nanni or Nibbo can’t remember exactly used and introduced as the Rollfix. That was accomplished by greatly reducing the radius similar to those used in the Blue Devil specs not quite but similar meaning the flak doesn’t spread out in as wide of a circle meaning more shots aren’t going to hit you as like the stock or my revised effects nearly everything hits you at least a little bit which is where the Roll problems begin with anyway. So now we escape most shots step two to really address Rollfix we need to make you really get wacked not that pesky fragment or two in the wing area but a real slap on the butt with 00 buckshot. We increase the hit points to make it a kiss on the cheek or a hard hit below the belt. This also evens it out by one less likely to be hit but when you do get hit it might be hard enough to bring you down or at least really damage your airplane seriously. If anybody has any further questions I’ll do my best to explain.

Blog Entries
    Has anybody noticed when after installing the new mesh and scenery from rumpflappy sorry forgot to say his handle that in some places it looks like mountains that should be out of the water but instead they just cover the mountain with water because it suppose to be water there instead of mountains . First I replaced the dek4 file or something called similar to that. Then the mesh lod 5 dumped in the scenery after deleting the stock except the coast and water mask. Did lod 8 and activated it the did the tropical land class scenery by rooster flap again and activated it. Must places look great but some places I forgot which ones one of the stock bases with the letter a looks silly with those mountains and the water appears higher than the runway like I’m trying to take off before a tusummi hits. Back in the day we didn’t have all this stuff so after a long winters nap I wake up there is stuff I need to figure out so people who were active during the timeframe were probably better prepared by following the projects as they go. I bought CFS 3 and started modding it and that’s close to the timeframe I quit cfs2 and about the last thing I remember about cfs2 was people were working on bringing some of the CFS 3 aircraft over to CFS2 . Too I had to slow down I married in 2004 and when my joystick bit the dust I wanted another one but decided to let not having one to wean me from modding. Well that worked until one day I was living in Ho Chi Minh City I found a Pirate game Sea Dogs and started modding it then became a modder for Sid Meir’s Pirates which I still belong to the hookedonpirates community. I’m not the administrator there but I can delete spam other junk normal members can’t. I never forget cfs2 though I was surprised how it all came back after all these years absent. Like I almost never left but tge sceney changed a bit on me. Help me out if you can I’ll give back with mods myself like this flak one.

Deathwind,

Rhumba used Shuttle data to make the mesh. Its more accurate than the source MS used to create the scenery for CFS2.

Mesh doesn't relocate the land or water polys that cover the mesh, so you will see areas of "sloping" water until somebody redraws the land-masses in that area.

As far as I'm aware, that's a very small, exclusive club

Rhumba also did some water flattens back in 2019. Check his website. You don't get shorelines, & they're overly aggressive IMHO (like very high tide levels), but it will cure the sloping water...

Blog Entries
    Thanks a million UncleTgt that’s what I was wanting to know. I didn’t think I did anything wrong with the installation but just wanted to make sure. I was thinking the water flattens might might be a fix for that. I didn’t read it anywhere but I just had that feeling.Thanks for the info. No shore like do you mean something like no beach’s just grass then water? I like my beach’s. I think it looks great in the vast majority of the place’s just a place or two I saw and I haven’t been to all that many. I think I’ll leave as is. Is there a coast line mod to that fixes the shores for the flattens? I saw a coast mod but wasn’t sure what it’s for.

Blog Entries

real flak splash

I have heard that flak splash was unrealistic because flak never got that low to the water. Maybe this photo suggests it did and what a great mod to have for cfs2.

https://www.pacificwar.org.au/webgra...nderattack.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 2