FSX/A Reinstallation issues ..... it won't reinstall!

Thread: FSX/A Reinstallation issues ..... it won't reinstall!

FSX/A Reinstallation issues ..... it won't reinstall!

Really hoping one of you fine people can help me as I am running out of hair to tear out.

My FSX/A install started misbehaving last night so it seemed the sensible option was to uninstall and then reinstall (I've done this before with no issues), so I went through the long process of carefully uninstalling absolutely anything FSX related, including the Acceleration SDK but not the main SDK for which I could find no uninstall option. When this was done in went DVD #1, it whirred away starting the install process and then up popped this notification

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSX2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	90711

which surprised me as I thought I'd uninstalled all the applications, so cannot for the life of me work out what it is trying to uninstall. Then after a couple of minutes I got

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSX.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	90712

I asked my old friend Google about the 1603 error and he gave me a few useful places to look, which gave me things to do. All of which I have done, I've cleaned the registry very thoroughly, I've run the resetsldl tool, I've defragged/optimised my drive, I've done everything I can think of and still end up with the same error messages.

So does anybody know how I can did myself out of this very annoying hole? Oh, worth mentioning, I had previously installed this in the C: drive root & was trying to do so again. HELP!!
    Andy

This may not help, but in the past ive had to wait a very long time for the installer to fire up, ive got the same screen as you, it seems to just lock up age's, then after about half an hour, even longer maybe, decide's to continue installing. Try it one more time untill your patience runs out, Also, my memory's abit hazy on this but didn't Flight1 or Just filght have reg tool for hunting down any unremoved element's, hopefully other forum member's will point you in the right direction

Gave the DVDs yet another clean then did what you said, was verrrrrry patient ...... and we have lift off. Thanks Ian.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 3