44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal

44th FG 18th FG at Guadalcanal

This is the P-40 campaign that were based at Gudalcanal Talon did years ago and has been updated.Some new planes have been used and the new Solomons scenery by UT.From what I heard there might be a new mission or 2.

If you're interested post in the thread,if not don't post.

Hiede

Certainly interested Hiede.

I was lucky enough to receive a signed copy of Bill Starke's "Vampire Squadron" some years ago, as a result I have a real interest on anything that touches on their PTO experiences.

I'd be very interested too Hiede. Still making my way through USMC Aces, but it has been very enjoyable. I also loved Talons other missions from his Solomons 43, especially the P-40 missions, as it's my favorite WWII fighter.

Hi Hiede,

Yes please, now I have some spare time on my hands I'd like to get around to installing UT's Solomons scenery on my new system. An updated version of Talon's Guadalcanal campaign would be awesome too.

Cheers
    Aussie

Of course we would be interested! We can never have enough P-40 campaigns!

Heide
    Im still trying to get to finishing USMC aces.
    I have all Talon's Solomons 43 campaigns installed. Haven't flown them in a while. I would be interested in an update.
    Thanks for asking

Yep, that's a favorite campaign of mine.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

A lot of people seem to like the P-40.I got to see a P-40N this year.This summer I get to see a P-40E and may get to fly it.There are 2 of them in North American that I know of that have been restored,flyable and for sale.

Hiede

I think the P-40 has so many stories to tell, which is what makes it my favorite. The Vampire Squadron was sure one of them, along with the Flying Tigers, the Tuskegee Squadron, and the fact it was a lend-lease plane that fought all over the world, from Pearl Harbor to Russia. Such a storied plane.

And the two newly released B and E models are simply awesome.

There will be 5 new missions added to the campaign and another P-40 used in it.Talon also did this campaign for CFS3 PTO with more missions,so they are being done and added for CFS2 by son.

Hiede

P-40M action shots.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-40M  at Vella La Vella 01 .jpg   P-40M with Corsairs.jpg   P-40M.jpg   P-40M  at Vella La Vella 02 .jpg  

Nice action shots

Love to P-40 and the PTO. Hope this one gets uploaded. Screen shots look great!

msfossey

Nice pictures. I enjoyed the original P-40 campaign very much, would be great to see it with the new scenery.

With school year coming to an end this month my son will be concentrating on his studies now.He has important tests in the next few weeks.He has no time for CFS2 for awhile.

Hiede

BTW there are 36 missions done with a few more to go I believe.

Hiede

I am tring to get my 87 days cactus updated with the other Guadalcanal bases by UT. I see his scenery cfg and airbase data. I know how to add the base runway number. Is the ID number the 7000 sequence? Also, by adding and activating the GSLs, I do not have to do anything after that other than using the scenerydb to add or remove the year the airfields were active?
    Memory is fading.
    Will add 44 FG and USMC aces.

I send the campaign to 5 of the people who responded to this thread to check things out.4 of them have confirmed they have it.Those 4 were also Friends with Talon and followed his work for years.

One thing my son told was that went 2 flight took off from the airfield they seemed fit better on it.

Hiede

Icon22 Reply...

Hiede,

This is really interesting. I plan on doing some simming over the summer. I'd love to take a crack or two at it!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Hiede,

This is really interesting. I plan on doing some simming over the summer. I'd love to take a crack or two at it!
    Well Rami, you're not on the list and came to late to the party. Looks like you are out of luck for now.

Hiede

Pics of 2 flights of 5 Corsairs on the same airfield with MR scenery and UT scenery in the Solomons.

Hiede
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MR scenery.jpg   UT scenery.jpg  

Well 1 of the people I sent the campaign to said he's enjoying it.Waiting to hear from the others.

Hiede

Hi Hiede,

I'm enjoying it so far too, getting shot down way too many times though.

Cheers
    Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Hi Hiede,

I'm enjoying it so far too, getting shot down way too many times though.

Cheers
    Aussie
    I did hear some of the missions are tough.

Next will be the Solomons 43 part,but not for awhile though.

Also a VMF-124 campaign is being done.The first Corsair squadron at Guadacanal.

Hiede

Angry Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Well Rami, you're not on the list and came to late to the party. Looks like you are out of luck for now.

Hiede
    Hiede,

Oh, excuse me. I didn't realize that I had to meet specific response criteria. I've been extremely busy trying to track down a missing brother who has been gone since April 3rd, 2023, and caring for a mother having to recover from a knee replacement surgery she had on April 7th, and who suffered a mental break during recovery due to the added stress of not knowing where her other son is, all while holding down my job and taking care of my own family. Not to mention preparing for two more surgeries over the summer, one on my right leg and and another to correct a congenital heart defect.

This, along with two hospitalizations for my legs last fall, taking care of my family, and handling a short-staffed situation at my school is why my attendance has been spotty for the last several months.

I will try to meet your expectations in the future, but maybe consider what's going on in other people's real lives.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 2