MS Military Weapons Policy Updated?

Thread: MS Military Weapons Policy Updated?

MS Military Weapons Policy Updated?

G'day, all.

Was surprised on FB this morning by a post from Seafront Simulations. Has anyone else read anything further?

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks, updated via ORBX Central just now. Doctors all morning!

Cazzie

I would be interested in reading the actual policy that MS has, if anyone can produce a link? NC

Frankly, the policy was ridiculous. Static Weapons on aircraft and ships should never have been banned on the platform considering that the company makes pretty big profits from First Person Shooter video games. I think it is safe to say that FS2020 doesn't promote violence in any way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MSFS updates IS violence
    Best regards, Manfred.

Update was only for historical scenery objects. Marketplace planes still can't have weapons.

The main change is the restriction of “Any depiction of a weapon.” becoming “Any depiction of a weapon except on real-world static memorials, signage, logos.”

I guess thrid party add-ons are exempt from the no-weapons policy, as the Hype H145 Military version does shoot guns and missiles. Granted there is no permanent alteration of sceneries, but it is Fun! NC

It's just stuff sold in Marketplace that has restrictions.

Which is only an issue when devs decide to only sell in Marketplace. Then you get stupid things like an A-10 with a flashlight where the gun goes, or P-38 with no barrels in the nose.

Some devs have add-on weapon packs for Marketplace military planes on their sites or flightsim.to. MS doesn't seem to mind that.

it might as well be a no farting policy...just as effective for a thing that's just as unstoppable
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

As far as developers design for example an A-10 with flashlights for selling on the marketplace but also as a real jet as 3rd party addon, why not. As long as the differences are easy to build.
    I for one would never buy or download any aircraft restricted by any policy which ridicules it.
    Best regards, Manfred.

I think this "no-weapons" restriction on the marketplace is not really an issue, even for the addon makers that want to sell only on the marketplace.
    They just have to upload an addon on the freeware addon websites to update their 3D models/payloads with weapons and voila !
    The marketplace lawyers will be happy because the model sold there doesn't have weapons.
    The customers will be happy because they can get the weapons after buying and updating their product.
    What's the issue ? Ah, maybe the XBox console users cannot install addons ?

Members who have read this thread: 0